P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

OHMWAR - BROKEN ARMS DANCE WITH BLACK FEET LP HARDCORE/PUNK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
probert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: OHMWAR - BROKEN ARMS DANCE WITH BLACK FEET LP HARDCORE/PUNK Reply with quote

this may interest a couple of people here

OHMWAR - BROKEN ARMS DANCE WITH BLACK FEET LP OUT NOW!

$12.00 PLUS SHIPPING email: ohmwar1944@gmail.com

CANADIAN HARDCORE/PUNK! FAIRLY ORIGINAL REGIONAL CURIOSITY!

12 SONGS - 27 MINUTES - 45 RPM

COVER AND INSERT ART BY JUAN Y DIEGO https://www.flickr.com/photos/juanydiego/

Free streaming and download of the album here: http://ohmwar.bandcamp.com/ Please take and share. Our self released music will ALWAYS be free online!

Like shirts? We got em. Like badges? We got em. Like pins? We got em. Like stickers? We got em. Like shot glasses? fuck off!!! that shit is weak.

other information and pictures of shirts can be seen on our fakebook page http://www.facebook.com/ohmwar/

www.ohmwar.com
Signum of Hate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! Any European distros getting this?
Speerhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving this. Melodic but on the right side of corny.

Didn't you have a demo for download a while back? I remember listening to something of yours ages ago and really liking it.
probert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

european distros: nothing lined up at the moment. postal prices and the weird size of LPs make this unlikely due to band poverty.

previous releases: we had a demo that wasn't officially released, a 5 song 7" EP that we still have copies of (and is available for free download on our bandcamp), a live tape and a split 7" with satan's satyrs which were both released via at war with false noise records.

thanks so much everybody for their interest. i'll email the totals for the orders i got within 48 hours. thanks again!!
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MULTIPLE SAPPORTS

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
probert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything sent out today (weds june 25) whether you ordered last week or last night. apologies again for the slight lateness for some people. blame mother nature.

people i owe free shit to (pat, spangz).. it's coming. dead broke for shipping at the moment. ended up losing money on some EU packs cause of another shipping increase. $36.76 for a 700 gram package. fuck life. a single LP is usually under 500g so postage is about 25. it's hard to send anything more than 1 LP for under 500 though. USA is the same situation, just knock about 10 bucks off maybe. im keeping the LP price as low as i can (cheaper than 12 bucks) to try and make it easier on people.

ohmwar1944@gmail.com

http://www.ohmwar.com/
http://www.facebook.com/ohmwar/
http://ohmwar.bandcamp.com/ FREE DOWNLOAD

thanks
probert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US people, aquarius records has it in stock right now and here is what they have to say. we still have shirts but they are getting low. thanks.

OHMWAR "Broken Arms Dance With Black Feet" (FCC) lp 12.98
After a self released 7”, and a split single with recent Record Of The Weekers, weirdo biker metal ne’er-do-wells Satans Satyrs, Canadian noise rockers / metal punks Ohmwar deliver their first full length, and it’s sonically quite surprising, super polished and all over the sonic map, taking the Maiden / Motorhead / Speedwolf sound of their 7” and infusing it with a surprising amount of poppiness, crafting a record that manages to be heavy, and punky, but also impossibly catchy, the opening track begins with some chiming Sonic Youth like guitars, and thick fuzzy bass, before eventually erupting into something more punked out, and that’s not even mentioning the strange almost reggae sounding outro (!)...
The second track starts off crazy poppy too, with some almost NWOBHM sounding guitar harmonies, which blur into feedback drenched tones wrapped around some galloping punk rock crush, peppered with little blurts of tangled progginess. And it really doesn’t settle into a single sound for the rest of the record, although in not settling, they seem to be defining their own super distinctive sound, a dizzying hybrid of post punk poppiness, mathy metal, and fierce punk rock stomp. Tracks like “Blithe Reaction To An Unfortunate Life”, begins all slow burn majesty, and almost Godspeed like slow build, before transforming into a strange (at least for metal/punk) bloopy guitar melody, draped over another galloping rhythms and some thick, rumbling bass buzz, the guitars then splintering into atonal/angular shards of keening high end, the sort of sound that at a slower tempo, minus the gruff vox, could easily end up being some twisted avant art rock, and even in its punkier incarnation, much of that art rockiness remains, and then mid song, there’s a killer little guitar lick/melody, that will stick in your head like crazy. And so it goes, most of the songs clocking in around the two minute mark, but these guys cramming as much as they can into those two minutes, with almost every song offering up some sort of unlikely sonic surprise, transforming, what could have been straight ahead metallic punk, into a way more twisted and progressive record, pop punk collides with chugging metal, nineties style math rock bleeds into pounding hard rocking, Refused sounding anthemic post-hardcore mixes with straight up heavy pop, all wound up into something pretty goddamn great.
Awesomely over the top, black and white Nick Blinko style cover art, but Blinko by way of Bosch, a twisted punk rock underworld of mouse headed hipsters, people with exposed spines, astronauts on rafts drifting across lakes of blood, insects on swings, man eating fish, alien swamp sound systems, wheelbarrows full of teddy bear skeletons, creepy cave eyes and more. Includes a massive glossy, fold out poster/lyric sheet, with more of that gloriously gruesome and garish artwork.
W. Helm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my cup of tea but very well done. Great varied songwriting. Hats off!
probert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks man! yeh i know our stuff isnt typical of this board but whenever i post our stuff here i get a handful of orders/download which is nice. i have no idea where else to advertise.

does anyone know any punk/hardcore/whatever boards where people are as enthusiastic about music and buying records as they are on here? post here and let me know if you know!
probert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

review in Pitchfork's HELL AWAITS column.

Ohmwar: Broken Arms Dance With Black Feet
Medicine Hat is an odd name for a town, but it's a real place in Alberta, Canada, and it houses the appropriately weird Ohmwar. Their music is definitely rooted in metal and punk, but it's pretty hard to pin down—which is the appeal! Broken Arms Dance With Black Feet, which was released back in April, in some parts sound like a more hardcore influenced Tweak Bird, mainly because Ohmwar could easily open for The Melvins. They also share an unusual sense of humor in the lyrics, especially in “The Dozens,” which dismantles the machoism of gun culture. Guitars lean towards the proggier edge of stoner rock, jagged with hints of groove. Greg Ginn could stand to listen to a song like “Twigs And Sprigs And Leaves” and get his mojo back. One of the year's more out-there, but not completely out of this solar system, rock releases.

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/399-hell-awaits-music-blues-electric-funeral-bongripper-and-more/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: