P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Films Headbangers should watch?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Iron Lord



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 1411
Location: Termight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

satanic ritual abuse wrote:
Hellraiser


Best horror film ever for a variety of reasonst. Ending could do without the disco lights, however... Will the remake ever surface? Let's hope not.
_________________
Philemon Siclone wrote:
Some guys, including capricornus, read gay porn mags in front of him and threatened to rape him afterwards. It was said that he locked himself up in a bedroom, crying...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buried In Ohio



Joined: 24 May 2007
Posts: 980
Location: Dominaria

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quillotine wrote:

Way better than IRREVERSIBLE


100% agreed! Although I liked Irreversible I think he's getting worse with each full length. Enter the Void was a major let down
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 6638
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buried In Ohio wrote:
quillotine wrote:

Way better than IRREVERSIBLE


100% agreed! Although I liked Irreversible I think he's getting worse with each full length. Enter the Void was a major let down


I loved Enter The Void, I've never seen a film quite like it and I was enraptured the entire way through. It was mesmerizing and sucked me in...
looking forward to see what he does next, although I Stand Alone is still my favorite of his.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Airyanem Vaejah



Joined: 14 Oct 2011
Posts: 333
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps not for headbangers in general, but anyone interested what is usually referred to as "orthodox black metal" should definitly watch the swedish classic The Seventh Seal. Make sure to find a copy with good subtitles, some of the english translations are far from acceptable. The movie has been sampled on quite a few swedish albums, most notably Funeral Mist - Salvation and the Sigrblot releases.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Atommächt



Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 948

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Lord wrote:
Will the remake ever surface? Let's hope not.


Thanks to the shitty economy, a lot of remakes got cancelled recently (for example Robocop). There's always two sides of the coin, luckily.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PeterVenkman



Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Posts: 4889
Location: Houghton le shit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There not enough talk about River's Edge.
_________________
bearsbearsbears wrote:
No discussion only band name and fuck off!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 8139

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atommächt wrote:
Z Galgah wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
Brutal Bosnian Massacre.


Damnit man, Vukovar is in Croatia! And was occupied by Serbians!


Yeah, somewhere in Europe, whatever... Wink


I know where Vukovar is. Just got confused on which one of the 8,000,000 90s conflicts in former Yugoslavia I was talking about. Plus Milosevic had something to do with both...

Anyway still a bit embarrassing.

Also, the point is...it's a movie headbangers should see. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blutkvlt



Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 6414
Location: latino wizards guild

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Lord wrote:
satanic ritual abuse wrote:
Hellraiser


Best horror film ever for a variety of reasonst. Ending could do without the disco lights, however... Will the remake ever surface? Let's hope not.


Horribly, horribly overrated movie. The effects were cool, but that's really about it.
_________________
under a funeral shroom wrote:
I wish, I think Chris Barnes would be much more likely to be a guest on that Guy Fieri show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iron Lord



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 1411
Location: Termight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atommächt wrote:
Iron Lord wrote:
Will the remake ever surface? Let's hope not.


Thanks to the shitty economy, a lot of remakes got cancelled recently (for example Robocop). There's always two sides of the coin, luckily.


Ha!

Blutkvlt wrote:
Iron Lord wrote:
satanic ritual abuse wrote:
Hellraiser


Best horror film ever for a variety of reasonst. Ending could do without the disco lights, however... Will the remake ever surface? Let's hope not.


Horribly, horribly overrated movie. The effects were cool, but that's really about it.


I've never heard anyone really rate it, but, in comparisson to other monster movies, it fucking kills. The effects are great as is the worshipping of pain. SUFFER!

Ichi the Killer
anyone?
_________________
Philemon Siclone wrote:
Some guys, including capricornus, read gay porn mags in front of him and threatened to rape him afterwards. It was said that he locked himself up in a bedroom, crying...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
N.



Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 1196

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently I watched a movie called Naked, it's about a bookish young man who goes bumming around England, maybe some metalheads could relate to this kind of movie, I know I did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
N.



Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 1196

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead(?) Hehe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
PeterVenkman



Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Posts: 4889
Location: Houghton le shit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N. wrote:
Recently I watched a movie called Naked, it's about a bookish young man who goes bumming around England, maybe some metalheads could relate to this kind of movie, I know I did.

mike leigh film, its great as well, david thewlis is outstanding in it.
_________________
bearsbearsbears wrote:
No discussion only band name and fuck off!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 6638
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
Iron Lord wrote:
satanic ritual abuse wrote:
Hellraiser


Best horror film ever for a variety of reasonst. Ending could do without the disco lights, however... Will the remake ever surface? Let's hope not.


Horribly, horribly overrated movie. The effects were cool, but that's really about it.


I don't think it's overrated, but I don't think it's the best horror film ever, either. That honor goes to Carpenter's "The Thing", obviously.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chit019



Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 2492

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Lord wrote:

Ichi the Killer[/b] anyone?


It's alright for what it is, but the CGI effects on gore killed it for me. Interesting plot though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carl



Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 178

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel Heart is my fave horror film.
I like Hellraiser, though the effects and gore do not stand the test of time as well as the excellent acting and characterizations, esp. Clare Higgins( Julia) and Ashley Lawrence ( Kirsty).
The Seventh Seal is actually the only Bergman I really like ( though I ain't seen Fanny and Alexander yet.) Marduk's website used to have a still of the chess game of Death v. Knight at the top of the page.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group