P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NIHIL NOCTURNE recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurgan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: NIHIL NOCTURNE recommendations Reply with quote

Which NIHIL NOCTURNE full-length is the most representative of band's concept and vision? Which one is the most impressive? Is it "Necrohell"? Or "Wahnsinn.Tod.Verrat"? Or "Entheogen"? Also, what are major characteristics of the album you recommend? Thanks.
Pinhas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahnsinn is my fave but all 3 are way above mediocrity. Very original and catchy songs. Nice bass lines. Mystic otherwordly atmosphere throughout. Expressive vocals. Get the lp for the maximum experience as it sounds great and comes with a very thick and beautifully designed booklet. The band is not popular so you should be able to get it for little money.
Tollwut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underrated band. One of the best from Germany.
The first 2 albums are my favourites though.
And make sure to listen to the track "A Trip Through The Black Mountains" on the Finnish-German Alliance sampler. Otherwordly...
Scum

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each album they did was lesser than the previous imo, but I would not say any were bad so to speak. A really good mix of almost constant keyboards without them ever becoming overbearing.

It's been almost a decade since the last full album. Anyone know what is happening with them?
Kurgan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you All. Appreciated.

I am familiar with the track from Finnish-German Alliance sampler. Outstanding effort indeed. That particular track triggered the interest in the band. I intend to start with "Necrohell" and then work my way up through their discography if "Necrohell" proves to possess otherworldly vibes.
Amor Fati

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scum wrote:
Each album they did was lesser than the previous imo, but I would not say any were bad so to speak. A really good mix of almost constant keyboards without them ever becoming overbearing.

It's been almost a decade since the last full album. Anyone know what is happening with them?

I see the guys every few months and always try to push them to record or even start rehearsing again, but i highly doubt that will ever happen.

Criminally underrated band for me, i like their entire discography!

www.amorfatiproductions.bandcamp.com
Scum

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amor Fati wrote:
I see the guys every few months and always try to push them to record or even start rehearsing again, but i highly doubt that will ever happen.

Somewhat disapointing, but that is fine if they dont want to do it. Nothing worse than an inispired band trying to re-live the past.

To the original poster, even if Necrohell does not work for you, try Wahnnsin.Tod.Verrat. Most of the tracks on it are quite memorable. I find myself humming 'Conjuring the Tyrant of Hell' way more than a lot of more established acts big tunes.
Guido

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's the most underrated BM band from Germany for sure!! All the 3 albums are killer, but i'll put the second one as top favorite!
Tollwut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see some appreciation for them here.

Browsing through what's hyped on this forum as raw evil Black Metal with a suppossed old 90ies spirit has gotten more and more ridiculous over the past years.
So, keep the names of the true ones in circulation for those who really are able to value "spiritual" Black Metal.
E.F.T.V.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahnsinn.Tod.Verrat is a stellar album.
Pinhas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amor Fati wrote:
Scum wrote:

Them not wanting to continue is fine. Everything has its time. I respect everyone who stops if the inspiration is not there anymore.
Pinhas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tollwut wrote:
Good to see some appreciation for them here.

Browsing through what's hyped on this forum as raw evil Black Metal with a suppossed old 90ies spirit has gotten more and more ridiculous over the past years.
So, keep the names of the true ones in circulation for those who really are able to value "spiritual" Black Metal.

Spiritual is an important characteristic of their music, I agree.
Vrasubatlat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to listen to this project pretty often when Entheogen came out. Maybe time to revisit.
SIID

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They evolved from nuclear, post-apocalyptic necro sound to spiritual, shamanic, heavily mushroom-based whole. It's a pity they haven't pulled it off for a longer while, as they could possibly return with a new crushing album in the vein of their older sound but enhanced. Anyway, their sound was pretty consistent all accross, distinctive, slow, heavy, doomy, like a drumm roller, with Entheogen having a couple of duller, weaker moments. They got a little soft over the edges after Wahnsinn, but it was still a good effort. To Dare was very solid too. There was a song A Walk Through the Woods, if I remember correctly, available on myspace I think. It was far from brilliant but does anybody have it?
xxx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was spinning their “Wahnsinn” album last weekend, after not listening to it for years and was positively surprised how good it actually was....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: