P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Nokturnal Mortum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
criminal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that organizers of right-wing gig thought of any church while using one of the countless swastika variations for this poster design.
God Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

criminal wrote:
I don't think that organizers of right-wing gig thought of any church while using one of the countless swastika variations for this poster design.

They actually may have thought of the Process Church.

Anyone ever read/see this zine?

criminal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is anniversary show of oldest Ukrainian right-wing skinhead band Sokyra Peruna (organized by themselves), and as far as I know they are very far from such things as Process Church. So this is just coincidence - at least most likely if not for sure.
Nasum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

criminal wrote:

Shit, there's actually a band called Skrew You? NS bands have a knack for cheesy as fuck names, but this one takes the cake.

Just checked this band out for the first time now. The Voice of Steel seems pretty sweet, quite elegant compositions and a lack of cheesy casio keyboards and drums that sound like they were programmed in guitar pro 4, but the older, cheesier material doesn't grab me nearly as well. Keyboard arpeggios in black metal is like throwing confetti at a satanic ritual. Don't fucking do that.
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Slayer wrote:
criminal wrote:

They actually may have thought of the Process Church.

Anyone ever read/see this zine?

Anyone have this? I'm thinking about buying it, but it's pretty expensive.

http://www.theajnaoffensive.com/collections/print/products/propaganda-and-holy-writ

God Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon.com is selling it for $35 with free shipping inside the US.
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I checked it but I'm German. I ordered from Amazon.de because it came up to the same amount including shipping.
nileppez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
Korkiplaani alone makes that bill gayer than most lineups, add Shining and the country will probably explode.

Exactly, I still might give this a go though, but without the presence of those two bands (and the Eluveitie homofolk-metalcore band) I would be in already.
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like everything Nokturnal Mortum has done but NeChrist is definitely their weakest offering.
ALCHAMESTE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obscureinfinity wrote:
I like everything Nokturnal Mortum has done but NeChrist is definitely their weakest offering.

I completely agree with you.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see how NeChrist is not typically well received.. but I think it's a madball of an album! The sound is of course a tad alienating and doesn't do the songs justice, but there are redeeming qualities. It's wild, crazy, off the wall stuff, as if conceived by some deluded barbarians. I don't typically respond well to such things but for something so raw it manages to be multifaceted enough to keep up interest.

The truly worst of Nokturnal Mortum must lie somewhere in the early days of the band's career (or say, mid 90s). For instance I never really liked Goat Horns that much, mainly because it sounds like metal music done on Fasttracker. Just listen to the distortion - is that a guitar or keyboards??? A drummer is credited but I bet my behind the drums are programmed. I don't know, it's just too far from what it tries to be, epic black metal. I think Valgrinder had an exact opposite view about it. And evidently many others do too. I don't understand...

To The Gates... is where I think they first managed to sound like what they intended to sound like. That was my introduction to the band in the late 90s so their older material was doomed to sound a little tame in comparison.
Gr.Ob.894

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
I can see how NeChrist is not typically well received.. but I think it's a madball of an album! The sound is of course a tad alienating and doesn't do the songs justice, but there are redeeming qualities. It's wild, crazy, off the wall stuff, as if conceived by some deluded barbarians. I don't typically respond well to such things but for something so raw it manages to be multifaceted enough to keep up interest.

The truly worst of Nokturnal Mortum must lie somewhere in the early days of the band's career (or say, mid 90s). For instance I never really liked Goat Horns that much, mainly because it sounds like metal music done on Fasttracker. Just listen to the distortion - is that a guitar or keyboards??? A drummer is credited but I bet my behind the drums are programmed. I don't know, it's just too far from what it tries to be, epic black metal. I think Valgrinder had an exact opposite view about it. And evidently many others do too. I don't understand...

To The Gates... is where I think they first managed to sound like what they intended to sound like. That was my introduction to the band in the late 90s so their older material was doomed to sound a little tame in comparison.

Goat Horns is my favorite. I like it for what it is, including the sound. Gates and Nechrist are the least liked.
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunar Poetry is probably their best release overall. Goat Horns is a bit overrated.
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
I think Valgrinder had an exact opposite view about it. And evidently many others do too. I don't understand...

To The Gates... is where I think they first managed to sound like what they intended to sound like. .

Hahaa, so our paths cross again... Its like meeting ones arch enemy after long time

Long story short, Goathorns is so great and unique sounding so after that To the gates... sounded really lame and uninspiring. But Feuersturm saw that like opposite and that is fine, everyone has right to have opinions (even if they are wrong ones, hehe)

Was really dissappointed cause Kolovorot didnt had any "real songs" from Goathorns. Would been great to hear Goathorns songs with those sounds that Kolovorot had.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:
Was really dissappointed cause Kolovorot didnt had any "real songs" from Goathorns. Would been great to hear Goathorns songs with those sounds that Kolovorot had.

There is one, Kolyada but the arrangement is more in like the version on Eastern Hammer split.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 16 of 20

Jump to: