P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SLAYER MAGAZINE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Hammer of Damnation would be awesome!
sztorm75

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iscariah wrote:
I bought my first Slayer Mag when issue 10 came out and Metalion sent me also for free 8 and 9 back then. I bought most since then but miss some, and of course the earlier issues, so a book would be awesome!!!
Slightly off topic: I would also LOVE to get my hands on some scanned issues of Hammer of Damnation...anyone?

I have nr 3 from 93 but scanning zines is pain in the arse... too lazy to do that
Doomchild

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have every original issue, except vol.1 & 2.
can anyone photo copy these for me!?? Kinko's?
I'll send some cash for the high quality paper and price to do it.
send me a PM.

I also need Tales of the Macabre Zine- issue's #1 & 3.

same as above, I'll send some cash to photo copy,etc...

OLD METALHEADS UNITE!
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
Iscariah wrote:
I bought my first Slayer Mag when issue 10 came out and Metalion sent me also for free 8 and 9 back then. I bought most since then but miss some, and of course the earlier issues, so a book would be awesome!!!
Slightly off topic: I would also LOVE to get my hands on some scanned issues of Hammer of Damnation...anyone?

I have nr 3 from 93 but scanning zines is pain in the arse... too lazy to do that

I have all expect #2, but scanning zines really sucks. Maybe with a bigger scanner it would not be so tedious, but as it is now; won't do it either.
I've scanned some zines in the past, but with my scanner it's really hard to do it without tearing the pages off from staples.
Xeroxing is not an option either.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Black wrote:
they are precisely for people WITHOUT a fucking clue

What I mean by people "with a clue", are those who actually buy and read zines. This is oppossed to the casual "fan" who collects "cool new bands" on MySpace or starts a MySpace zine and posts interviews on their fucking blog. Those are people without a clue, so I don't think their undeserving eyes should old zine scans all over the web. They wouldn't appreciate it anyway. With such bullshit like MySpace and MP3's, nothing is sacred anymore. At least we can try to keep the old zines such as Isten and Slayer sacred. But I am not against a Slayer book at all. I'm against against scans zines for the web.

Plus, how many people today actually buy zines to find out about "new" and "exciting" bands? Most bands just use MySpace, the web or message boards. Plus, in my opinion most newer bands are a waste of time. Maybe coverage in a supermarket magazine like Terrorizer will earn some new fans, but a fanzine? Doubt it.

Professor Black wrote:
Moreover, I challenge you to find someone who has read Isten 100 and would claim to have had a fucking clue beforehand.

Well you know Mikko better than I do, but my assumption would be that I don't think he's really into the idea of seeing old Isten scans all over the web.

Professor Black wrote:
collections of fucking elitist nerds.

I don't what relevance this has to the above quote, but I can sum it all up simply by saying that I've paid a pretty penny for a couple of zines and had to hunt them for a long time. So with that, I'm not ready to just give them away to some unappreciative prick on the internet.
s.charlach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Black wrote:
Endless Morbidity wrote:
Unlike I most, I see good Metal as art, thus it should be readily available to those who want it. No real artist creates art to let it sit in his basement. If he does, then he's full of shit (hi Judas Iscariot). Other wise what's the point of expressing yourself or creating anything?

Zines are different though. If a bunch of fly-by-nights and trend hoppers want to listen to bands on MySpace and post little cute messages on their profile, fine. But zines are for those with a fucking clue and those who appreciate them.

Respectfully disagree. Zines, you will notice, are a mechanism for publicity. They are a means for spreading information and promoting bands. In other words, they are precisely for people WITHOUT a fucking clue, so as they may obtain a fucking clue, and then perhaps some records and T-shirts from the editor's favorite bands. Moreover, I challenge you to find someone who has read Isten 100 and would claim to have had a fucking clue beforehand.

Totally agreed! And a reason why I gave all my ol' zines away. Well, apart from the seventh Mørkeskye and the fifth Moondance that stay for personal reasons, silly memories. I read fairly many, many zines back then to disover new bands, sinister art or morbid topics aside from music, but once the essence is inhaled and new paths are revealed I don't see a reason to keep zines just for nostalgia's sake. Mission's completed, so to say. No offense to you guys collecting zines as honestly there's sometimes moments even I wish to turn over the faded pages of zines I parted with, but in the end I deem it way more important to soak the spirit up and detach oneself from some paper instead of staying fixated on written words and the wallow in good ol' times.

Still I somehow share D.'s point of view as well. On the other hand I doubt any Terrorizer/EMP magazine/blog hipster gives a shit about stuff like Isten or Davthvs. Quite tricky. What the hell do I know? Anyway.
bornforburning

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from their myspace........

Hello, friends of Slayer Mag!

T.G.W. here with some exciting news.

Jon and I can finally go public here today, as just a bit earlier the press release was unleashed upon the legions!

What follows below is the Official Press Release, formally announcing the partnership between SLAYER MAG and BAZILLION POINTS BOOKS. Release was co-authored by BAZILLION POINTS Big Boss, Mr. Ian Christe, and myself.

Before you go and devour it, a reminder:
DO NOT send us mail asking when the book will be out, what it will contain, and if your band can be in it, if your band can play the release party, etc. And most of all, do not ask if you can buy old SLAYERs or any archival materials. Such inquiries will continue to be IGNORED.

And now, here it is:

METALION: THE SLAYER MAG DIARIES Anthology Book Announced.

Jon "Metalion" Kristiansen and Bazillion Points books are proud to announce that work has begun on a compendium of the best material representing twenty-five years of outrage from Metalion's infamous SLAYER MAG. In addition to rare archival material unseen in decades, the book will include unreleased and exclusive interviews and artwork, historical photographs from Metalion's personal archive, and never-before-seen portrait photography taken by Metalion himself during the 2000s. More than just reprinting the unattainable 'zines, the book will explain the true untold story of long-running mag and the man behind it, as revealed by Metalion and longtime Slayer co-editor Ms. T. G. W. The epic METALION: THE SLAYER DIARIES will be available through Bazillion Points books in late 2009/early 2010.

Founded in 1985 in Sarpsborg, Norway, SLAYER MAG quickly rose to underground prominence by championing unsigned death metal pioneers, printing the earliest interviews with MORBID ANGEL, MEFISTO, SEPULTURA, NIHILIST, AUTOPSY, BATHORY, TERRORIZER, NECROVORE, DEATH, and especially local Norwegian act MAYHEM. The pages of SLAYER MAG became a written gospel for the fledgling global extreme metal underground, combining eye-ripping graphics, brutally honest writing, and a relentless and sick sense of humor.

As black metal rose to prominence in Norway in the 1990s, SLAYER MAG's nearly-confidential interviews with MAYHEM, EMPEROR, IMMORTAL, DARKTHRONE, THORNS, ENSLAVED, and countless others remain the final word on the moods and motivations of those dark times. In recent years, SLAYER MAG has driven further into the heavy metal psyche, bringing overdue acclaim to unsung pioneers like ASSASSIN, NASTY SAVAGE, and HALLOWS EVE, alongside hell-possessed maniacs such as Sweden's NIFELHEIM and Australia's SADISTIK EXEKUTION.

Says Metalion: "I always have people contacting me regarding the old SLAYERs and how to get them. Since acquiring them through overpriced Internet auctions currently seems to be the only option, I thought that this would be a better deal for the die hards and uninitiated alike. It is very important to me that this book will be widely available in book stores, it would be pointless to me if it were as as difficult to get as the actual magazines. I remember Bazillion Points publisher Ian Christe trading magazines with me as far back as 1987. When I finally met Ian face to face at Oslo's Inferno festival a few years back, he told me that he had actually seen SLAYER mascot Arne Babb earlier that day. Thus, when Ian offered me this chance to work with him, I had no doubt that this would be a great thing, an ideal partnership."

"This is not a simple reprinting of old SLAYERs, but rather a deluxe version of the previous twenty-five years with some new elements. To accomplish that, not only Arne will be with us. I have recently resurrected SLAYER for at least one more issue, bringing in co-editor T. G. W., who will be my biographer for this unique book. She began collaborating with me when I put together SLAYER 19 in 2004, and when both of us contributed to Peter Beste's "True Norwegian Black Metal" book earlier this year. Her new and different perspective has proven invaluable for me in reflecting on the past two plus decades. After spending the long break since SLAYER 19 on photography education, I feel motivated to do new things now. A fire has been lit!"

Bazillion Points is "America's smallest but heaviest publishing house," founded by author Ian Christe ("Sound of the Beast", "Everybody Wants Some: The Van Halen Saga", host of the weekly "Bloody Roots" metal history show on SiriusXM). Currently in stores is "Swedish Death Metal" by Daniel Ekeroth, and upcoming releases include titles by Andy McCoy (HANOI ROCKS), Albert Mudrian ("Choosing Death"), and Jeff Wagner (Metal Maniacs).

Official SLAYER site:
http://www.myspace.com/slayermagazine

Bazillion Points books:
http://www.bazillionpoints.com

http://www.soundofthebeast.com
sztorm75

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, he got more points from Basilion than from NWN? Laughing
Uncolored

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great news! I'm glad bazillion will releasing it, they did a great job with swedish death metal re-press (which I am currently re-reading)

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Ichor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too fuckin bad news... no one can beat Yosuke
nexxxion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichor wrote:

I smell fanboy Laughing

Anyways why don't they include the complete shit.
It's like those worthless comp rereleases where you have a couple of songs off each album and 3 demo tracks...
Professor Black

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Bazillion Points is requiring that a series of "TOP TEN" lists be placed throughout.
///13///

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichor wrote:

asslicking?
TeethofSkull

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wanna see every single scribble myself. i've seen about half of 'em, but some only @ friend's houses. i have a feeling Metalion will omit the skateboarding fotos. lame.

and also lame how the "TGW" beast comes in at the last second and gets to be the spokesperson for all this.
Doomchild

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhhhh' how sweet it is to have ALL ORIGINAL 19 issue's!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: