P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SLAYER MAGAZINE
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deadskin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: SLAYER MAGAZINE Reply with quote

SLAYER magazine. What do you think about this mighty zine??
Have only 3 issues and hope that Yosuke will print SLAYER mag book as he had planned.
Your oppinions about the mag?
passetiermes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only issue 10, would love to see the earlier & later issues. Not only because of nostalgia, but also because I have read that the earlier issues were different in spirit... what ever it in practice means...
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will not be done as a book because Jon Metalion is missing in action.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
They will not be done as a book because Jon Metalion is missing in action.

he regularly posts over at scream magazine though for awhile there i thought the same. i sent the guy money about three years ago for stuff i never got. won't say he is a ripp off because i'd bought stuff from him many times, he always gave good deals and never any problem. though this last time i sent loads of emails and got nothing back...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked on the screamforum, I am active there. He replied, and he was not sure he wanted to do it, because he said he wasnt satisfyed with the literarly quality of the earliest zines. He opened a myspace page, I dont remember the url, but it was pretty basic. But I think contact is possible there.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day we still want to read them despite their literary quality because they are an important piece of history.

Any chance of printing old issues of Hammer of Damnation in a book anyone? Very Happy
Opolus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The older "Slayer" issues were simply utterly GREAT, not the least because they captured the spirit of the early rise of the Norwegian Black Metal scene around that particular time. You won't get that back. Also "Orcustus" done by Bard "Faust" Eithun was brilliant!! I think Metalion lost a little focus later on, by trying too hard to distance himself too much of the Black Metal cause, thus watering the content of the latter issues down a bit, but that's just my two cents... After all "Slayer" & "Isten" (thee other GREAT "northern" zine!) had profile and attitude, nothing you can say about most zines nowadays, can you!?
deathster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah old Slayer issues rule.. I have issues from 3/4 to ...? 2 last issues are missing because I kind of lost interest in it. Old issues are full of enthusiasm and humour..latter ones try to be too serious. Well, having full respect to Mr. Metalion though , I just do not like the late issues.
Hammer of Damnation was great. Especially #2 issue ( I got one for trade/sale!)! Also I have all Isten issues since #4. Orcustus #2 was incredible black metal mag from 1992 with bands like Samael, Beherit, Darkthrone, Tormentor (Hun), MAYHEM, Perdition Hearse etc. Faust had cool wicked humour/style and its clear he is an intelligent guy.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathster wrote:
Orcustus #2 was incredible black metal mag from 1992 with bands like Samael, Beherit, Darkthrone, Tormentor (Hun), MAYHEM, Perdition Hearse etc. Faust had cool wicked humour/style and its clear he is an intelligent guy.

Yeah, I just got it from a trade and was positively surprised about the selection of bands & overall content. Faust must have been pretty young when making it but it doesn´t show. The mag has maturity that some of the norwegians did not show later on Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a dutch zine called Putrefaction (I think!?), which one issue was pretty thick and had a heap of BM in it. Had it once and lost it.

Someone should start making pdfs of old fanzines.That Unholy Black Cult site was in the process of it I think?
TeethofSkull

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digerdöden wrote:
a heap of BM in it

wow, first blood and piss, now this.
///13///

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think Putrefaction zine is from Sweden.some of the excellent zine from the old days IMHO are :

Slayer
Hammer of Damnation
Isten
Voices from the Darkside
Mortician
Morbid
Thanathography
Final Holocaust
Uniforce

some of the best from recent years.some active and some dont (?)..

Franang
Devilment
Leather N Spikes
Tales of the Macabre
Desecration of Virgin
Tornado
Cerberus
Canadian Assault
Deadhead
Api

the idea to do a book on Slayer zine or Hammer of Damnation zine would be great.its history and there's wealth of informations in it.read all those old reviews/interviews and you will stumble on tons of "hidden" infos that you cant read or get on the net like some rare reh tapes releases etc..you cant find those infos on Terrorizer,Metal Maniacs,Pit mag etc..
if you want to complete your music collections on certain bands from glorious '80's till early ' 90's ,the best way is to check all those old zines.
hail the printed zine !!!
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed!!!! Those are good old memories...........

I like the quote from Horrible Eyes 'zine = ONLY PRINTED ZINES IS REAL!!!!!
Mikael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have issues 11, 16 and 17 of Slayer that I might trade away (also some Ablaze-zines if someone from Germany would be interested).

Last edited by Mikael on Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
deathster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah..Putrefaction is from Sweden... I think Diderdöden meant Putrefying Mass. This one was very cool Dutch mag and the issue w/ Impaled Nazarene on cover was very good (1994) featuring Masters Hammer, Salem, Blasphemy, Nunslaughter + some excellent reviews like some Beherit and Poison LP reviews! Classic wordmaster Robert!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: