P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

HERMES VERSAND (DE) lost my package with 28+ LPs inside....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
destructSEAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: HERMES VERSAND (DE) lost my package with 28+ LPs inside.... Reply with quote

So, fucking Hermes Versand (Germany shipping company) just confirmed today that they lost the package which I have been waiting 2 months for... 28 LPs, 3 CDs and 3 7"s.... LOST. The worst thing is that in order to get compensation, they want the sender to provide them with a bill of sale or some kind of receipt... which is going to be impossible, considering that 80% of the package was a trade.

Biggest trade I have ever made turned to total shit because some shitty company were't able to deliver a package from Germany to the Czech Republic without losing it. SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone here have experience with placing a claim with this company? We claimed the value of the package to be 450 EUR (actual value : not exaggerating!!), but since we do not have proof of the contents (an invoice, etc), I seriously doubt that they are going to compensate us for the correct amount....

Crying or Very sad
Endsieg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd think of a way of faking this invoice. should be possible.
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean, ask your trading partner to write you an invoice with a detailed list of the items. Value it with more than 450 Euro in case you have to agree to a compromise. If the other guy pulls on the same string as you, you have a good chance to get money back.
Psychomantum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it looks like an ordinary theft, it is very strange that it disappears so great pack.
Caligari

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endsieg wrote:
I'd think of a way of faking this invoice. should be possible.

absolutely, and value the invoice/bill of sale for more than it's worth.
UNRU / DON JUAN MATUS / FUOCO FATUO / SKELETHAL / RITUAL DECAY / DEMON HEAD / HEAVYDEATH / ACT OF IMPALEMENT
Coming Soon:
HEAVYDEATH Demo IV / ALUCARDA
destructSEAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that the sender has already informed Hermes that it was mostly a trade package... its going to be difficult to prove otherwise now.
Aaattaack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes a proof of the value by a screenshot of an auction or a shop listing is enough. Ask them if this would also work out.

Since there was a similar problem recently with germans. I also thought that german professional sellers are responsible for lost packages by law. Though I am not sure if this the case for oversea shipping.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should still be able to make an invoice for the traded item. They have/had retail value regardless of your arrangements with the sender.

If that's the most you've lost to the "system" then you should feel lucky.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

destructSEAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychomantum wrote:
To me it looks like an ordinary theft, it is very strange that it disappears so great pack.

Yes... sadly, it appears that this may be the case. The package was sent on 30.09 and the last update to the tracking number was made on 02.10.

I am just really suprised that this happened - I don't have much experience with Hermes, but the last package that I got from the same person was sent via Hermes without a problem.
Wolfram

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hermes is always a pain in the ass when they ship to Holland. Takes fucking ages..
Blood Music

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
If that's the most you've lost to the "system" then you should feel lucky.

Pretty surprised by this, we've only had 2-3 packages go missing ever.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaattaack wrote:
I also thought that german professional sellers are responsible for lost packages by law. Though I am not sure if this the case for oversea shipping.

I am not sure about this, sometimes I read something about "Schickschuld" at ebay auctions , which would be FCA or CPT in Incoterms and mean that they're not responsible for loss, because there is no obligation to provide the goods at your place.
into the pit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nwn prod and satanic ritual abuse are right. your trade partner seems to have proof of shipment, so it's up to hermes.

your trade partner will have to cooperate with you here. you should at least get the retail value if he lists all the stuff correctly.

this sucks hard, I feel with you. Crying or Very sad
St.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped shipping packages into other countries but within Germany with Hermes because they give packages to so called "local partners" as soon as they arrive in the other country. In most cases DPD Germany or other ones. It seems they are not that organized as here in Germany so there were problems with each and every package I sent to other countries in the last two years. Avoid that, use DHL when you ship packages to other countries from Germany.
Aaattaack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

satanic ritual abuse wrote:
Aaattaack wrote:
I also thought that german professional sellers are responsible for lost packages by law. Though I am not sure if this the case for oversea shipping.

I am not sure about this, sometimes I read something about "Schickschuld" at ebay auctions , which would be FCA or CPT in Incoterms and mean that they're not responsible for loss, because there is no obligation to provide the goods at your place.

Ok, I just read an article about this, seems to be true. Goddamn complex laws.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: