P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MAGIC CIRCLE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Solitude wrote:
This is delayed to the point of ridiculousness. I can't help feeling it is intentional. Please give some news, and get this record out. It's too good to keep being delayed!

Armageddon Shop now has the CD versions of the album - but they are not up for sale yet.

The vinyl - tests were approved and covers are printed and at the plant to the best of my knowledge.

I'd love to tell you that it was all an intentional plan - but that just isn't the way. When this album was recorded we had no plan for release, there wasn't A label interested, let alone anyone that had heard our songs. There was about 6 or 7 months between putting them on youtube, and figuring out how to get it out. Then there's the long slog of booking mastering time, cutting lacquers, plating, tests, art proofs... I have been a part of my own label for 10 years and the wait never gets any less unbearable.

On top of that, because of all the other bands we're in, tours, 40 hr a week day jobs, and attending midnight movie screenings, we move a little slow. I think literally every member of the band has 1 or more other records they played on coming out in the next couple months with other bands if that gives you an idea.

The guys that are releasing the album also manage 2 record stores, Ben plays in a band that jet sets the globe from time to time, and I think both Ben and Chris actually maintain some kind of social lives as well.

In short we may have a little too much on our plates, and at times that can lead to delays in timeliness but rest assured the album is nearly available, and we have some upcoming gigs. See you then.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there is a CD version? Who pressed it (or is it self-released)?
robotdie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cc wrote:

we have some upcoming gigs. See you then.

Mind elaborating? Sucks that the Paul Di'Anno show fell through. I will rarely venture to Hartford for anything, but would have for that.
GiantCogs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard some of it in the shop a little while ago. Sounded bad ass. I think I saw something that they will start selling them next week. Glad to hear an LP version is in the works.
cc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
So there is a CD version? Who pressed it (or is it self-released)?

Armageddon Shop is releasing the lp and cd

will update on gigs in a few
In Solitude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! Will be buying the CD asap.
Mikk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've heard MP3s of this record and its fucking amazing. some of the best metal i've heard in a long time. just waiting to grab the vinyl.
I like black metal, I also like other genres of music, I am listening to Death In June right now, and later I will be playing some NON, or maybe some Hank Williams Sr., you wanna know why? Because fuck you, that's why.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikk wrote:
i've heard MP3s of this record and its fucking amazing. some of the best metal i've heard in a long time.

Me too, and quite right. I hope everyone is talking about the record when it comes out.
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised all the attention this band is getting. RETRO TRAD DOOM has sure came full circle, and really made a big impact on the metal scene these last few years. This definitely has some emotion that lacks from the other current "revival" bands. Interested in seeing what their full length has to offer. I guess dudes from the BOSTON HARDCORE scene started listening to unholy riffs of PAGAN ALTAR and decided to make something that is IMPRESSIVE
Mikk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpathian_Florist wrote:
I'm surprised all the attention this band is getting. RETRO TRAD DOOM has sure came full circle, and really made a big impact on the metal scene these last few years. This definitely has some emotion that lacks from the other current "revival" bands. Interested in seeing what their full length has to offer. I guess dudes from the BOSTON HARDCORE scene started listening to unholy riffs of PAGAN ALTAR and decided to make something that is IMPRESSIVE

pretty sure this band has the dude from mind eraser who is also in innumerable forms and i've seen him wearing morbid and anathema pentecost tees, so safe to say that the guy knows his metal
I like black metal, I also like other genres of music, I am listening to Death In June right now, and later I will be playing some NON, or maybe some Hank Williams Sr., you wanna know why? Because fuck you, that's why.
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mikk"]

pretty sure this band has the dude from mind eraser who is also in innumerable forms and i've seen him wearing morbid and anathema pentecost tees, so safe to say that the guy knows his metal[/quote

INNUMERABLE FORMS No shit? That band is seriously CRUSHING. Are you sure though because I have seen vids of INNUMERABLE FORMS and MAGIC CIRCLE and it did not look like the same people?
Mikk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Carpathian_Florist"]
Mikk wrote:

pretty sure this band has the dude from mind eraser who is also in innumerable forms and i've seen him wearing morbid and anathema pentecost tees, so safe to say that the guy knows his metal[/quote

INNUMERABLE FORMS No shit? That band is seriously CRUSHING. Are you sure though because I have seen vids of INNUMERABLE FORMS and MAGIC CIRCLE and it did not look like the same people?

i'm pretty sure. can anyone confirm?
kängnäve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Innumerable Forms and Mind Eraser members involved (said Innumerable Forms guy also played session drums for Funebrarum a few years ago if I'm not mistaken.)
CoryTrevor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, 3/4 of Mind Eraser and 1/1 of Innumerable Forms are involved. Justin (singer of ME and IF who wears t-shirts on occasion) plays bass in Magic Circle.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This definitely has some emotion that lacks from the other current "revival" bands.

That's the selling point for me. It's been ages since I've heard a band play this style that didn't bore me instantly. Really looking forward to soaking in the whole album.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: