P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Canadian Post Office.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Necrophagia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Canadian Post Office. Reply with quote

Anyone else having a problem with trades to/from Canada? Have sent my package since August, it MUST have arrived but they guy I did the trade got his side of the trade back and resent it. From a couple more friends I have heard that they have the same problem of a 2-month+ of waiting for a trade. Registered mail and everything for the package.
DSS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian Post Office. Reply with quote

Necrophagia wrote:
Registered mail and everything for the package.

Registered shipping from Canada is very expensive. It can cost up to $122 to ship one LP overseas by registered mail. The ONLY other option is to ship it by Surface Mail which usually takes 10 weeks to deliver. For some reason Airmail doesn't offer tracking but Surface Mail does to some countries.
Necrophagia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meant that I have sent it with registered mail! Wink It was kind of more expensive but at least I am sure (?) it will arrive...
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's a tracking number you could call them and ask them to open up an investigation, I did this one time a long while back as one of my packages weren't turning up, and it actually turned out some junkie was stealing my mail as one of my neighbors found opened packages addressed to me in their trash, obviously this fucking scumbag felt a bunch of cassettes weren't worth his time....... but when I called Canada Post to say I wasn't their fault my mail was disappearing they said that they would leave instructions for my mailman to put packages in between the screen door and the locking door, and he did for as long as I lived there (this was at my parents house in the 90's)......

Customs may have it, but if there's a tracking number getting someone on the phone might help locate it, if you paid for premium service then you should be able to get some answers.......
Infidel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the Canadian post on strike around August?
Wolfram

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I heard so too.. Fuking union-scum!
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infidel wrote:
Wasn't the Canadian post on strike around August?

I can't see how that would affect anything in October.... even the stuff I ordered right before the strike happened arrived the first week the strike was over......
mlotek
banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after the strike was over (July I think), they said on the news it would take "a long time" to catch up, but that was bullshit.

Until the last 2 weeks or so of the "strike", they were on rotating shifts,,, the workers were still going in and working off days in different processing centres, until the Post Office locked out the union fucks!
THEN the Canadian government got involved and mandated them back to work not long after.

In August, I was getting and receiving mail within 3 days to a week within the province as usual.

With any packages sent, it is best to get tracking/insurance.
Besides the lazy and stupid idiots the Post Office hires instead of anyone that really cares, to deliver or process, it could be your neighbours screwing with your mail.
DSS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the cocksuckers increased the prices again!! I heard that stamps went up 2 cents but didn't expect all rates to go up so high. Just shipped my first overseas parcel of the year. Double LP weighing in at 0.760 KG (760 grams) cost me $34.82!!!!

Last edited by DSS on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Bach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:

I don't know how these idiots can think unions are a good thing.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this guy ever get his package?
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bach wrote:
Wolfram wrote:

When they outsource your job to some cunt in bangladesh you might think differently. But then you have people working for tips in your country - in the civilized world they think that's demeaning and insist that jobs pay a liveable wage.
sepulchral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me started on Canada Post...

I've had some unbelievable delays for trades/orders I sent in late November, they always use that "Holidays volumes slowing down the shipping" bullshit to justify it. Not only are the prices outrageous, they offer pathetic service, sometimes losing parcels without explanation, delivering express parcels 2 weeks after it was sent and the likes. AND on top of that, their mailmen do some really stupid things like leaving a parcel in plain view, delivering to the wrong address, not putting a delivery card so you never know you got a parcel and it gets sent back after two weeks, cramming an parcel into a box that's too small for it and damaging the content etc.

Privatize these fuckers and maybe we'll end up having a decent service...
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny that unions were supposed to unite the working class, now it divides them....

I'm glad I have some semblance of jon security wirh my union, but my union also doesn't go on strike as we're an essential service.....
Bach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
Bach wrote:
Wolfram wrote:

When they outsource your job to some cunt in bangladesh you might think differently. But then you have people working for tips in your country - in the civilized world they think that's demeaning and insist that jobs pay a liveable wage.

Your job is outsourced because your labor force isn't competitive in the market. If the union requires a certain wage for its members, why wouldn't a company get the labor where it's cheaper?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: