P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

FUCK OFF CONTEMPORARY METAL ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
throneofmight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNDERGROUND FOREVER!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morten wrote:
I would much rather see the Hole in the Sky festival in Bergen, than inferno anyways. This year, has the poorest lineup ever. I mean, come on Satyricon? They live in oslo, and have done tons of gigs there. Theyre ok, but why the hell should they headline?

Yeah, the line-up is really pittifull. I mean, they sell that sucker out so it can not be about the money. Either the booking people at Inferno have forgotten to pull their heads out of their asses(maybe they use all their time setting up panel-boards for debates or guided tours) or this is turning into a cash cow for the people behind it. Either way it`s a shame, because it is not hard to get ace acts to Oslo if you got money to spend, and this should be a great happening.

Good traders:minge-eater,CR 99,Grief, bmdk666, s.charlach, Mutta, Face Fate Records, Ichor, Ancient_Tyranny, Mz412, Jesus Iglesias, passetiermes
Ichor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's close this thread with this:
METAL IS DEAD... LONG LIVE THE UNDERGROUND!!
throneofmight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
karimlan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucks sake!!!! Definitely pathetic. At the same time, the underground is metal and metal is the underground..... these types with their big festivals and shit aren't metal. So the bottom banner names mtv headbangers ball and scream magazine amongst others as sponsors huh? Figures.

BTW any of you here read that last issue of Isten?
harmless

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually a panel I would have liked to see. It's not often you get a chance to witness such a discussion about something you've been passionate about for more than half of your life, so if I would have known this was a part of the program I would have made an effort to attend.

One can argue that this can become a spectacle but one shouldn't make such an assumption before hand. How can you say for sure unless you question your own motives behind your affection for said style?

It's obvious what Black Metal is about, right?
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cringed when I read this. I thought Tom G Warrior (hat and crap makeup aside) would have more about him than to do this. Obviously not. The only thing more embaressing than the Black Metal Bus, is the list of sponsors at the bottom.

FUCK OFF GAY METAL!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say let's oficially discharge some truly mentally disturbed individuals....you know schizophrenics, fire-starters, chronic masturbators...drown, inject, and fill them with every mind-altering drug known to mankind while for about 30 days straight make them listen to NOTHING but Black Metal of the highest degree and give them bombs, knives, axes and let them run amok at those stupid buses.
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoatWorshipperAttak wrote:
I say let's oficially discharge some truly mentally disturbed individuals....you know schizophrenics, fire-starters, chronic masturbators...drown, inject, and fill them with every mind-altering drug known to mankind while for about 30 days straight make them listen to NOTHING but Black Metal of the highest degree and give them bombs, knives, axes and let them run amok at those stupid buses.

Hahaha. Blasting Black Spack Attack. Laughing
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCKIN' LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death to them all!
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Quote:
The city of Oslo has a great deal of black metal history, but a lot of the sights are
hidden from normal view. For the first time the IMC and the Inferno Festival have set
up a busride to show a little more of it all and the one who will guide you through the
sights is Anders Odden, IMC founder and guitarist in bands such as Cadaver,
Magenta, Apoptygma Berzerk and Celtic Frost. The full program for this ride include
murder scene, Helvete, rehearsal places as well and an unique insight in Norse culture
and the darkside of Norwegian folkmusic and culture.

That must be the most pathetic shit ever ! How do I imagine that ??

Anyone else lost count of how many times Dead and Euronymous have spun in their graves...?
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
Anyone else lost count of how many times Dead and Euronymous have spun in their graves...?

Yeah. Tis rather disappointing. Fuck it. At least we can just listen to the old records and pretend that this isn't going on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if i hear to this new Black Metal band Diocletian? I dont think that New Metal sucks, i mean most of it really does, but well there is always a band that does the Difference such as Bestial Holocaust and some more bands, as there are old bands that really suck as well(Immortal, Dimmu Borgir and all that commercial trend), so in this case i think that the problem is the band itself not the comtemporary music! but still i do agree that there were much better Metal bands in the 80s and 90s than there are today.
Also in the 80s/90s the Metal feeling was different, i see a lot of kids today that listen to Metal because they think they are bad asses or shit like that and i just think they are pathetic... like hey i bought the new Belphegor CD! or i will go to the church with my new Cradle of Filth shirt!!! damn kids!!! (ha ha ha) fuck i hate posers...
karimlan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pantanal wrote:

Also in the 80s/90s the Metal feeling was different, i see a lot of kids today that listen to Metal because they think they are bad asses or shit like that and i just think they are pathetic... like hey i bought the new Belphegor CD! or i will go to the church with my new Cradle of Filth shirt!!! damn kids!!! (ha ha ha) fuck i hate posers...

From what I remember of the 90s, there were also a lot of people who were "Metal" only when they were around friends of theirs who were into Metal and also only to look, like you said, badass in front of their other friends who weren't into Metal.

I will agree however that the feeling was different, so much so that the ones who really were Metalheads were actually into it ie. music, way of life, etc. In the 2000s, one of the fucking annoying things is that anyone with a good internet connection can download almost every other obscure release / demo or whatever and can turn into a facts and figures expert on Metal within 24 hours. So what do we get? Posers who don't even seem like they are posers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: