P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

RABID DEATH'S CURSE production
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asaneoddloon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dostojanstvenik wrote:
best Watain album

+1
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent debut. I don't have any problem with the production, although it could have been done better (compare it with the production of Casus Luciferi). The Ritual Macabre tape is an interesting take on material from the album in question. Much rawer sounding..

Also, the material sounds better live these days than it did on the album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c02vExRdTNc
N.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this band and all of their rock star moves, as well as their egocentricm.
Descension

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
Also, the material sounds better live these days than it did on the album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c02vExRdTNc

Seeing them end the set with that is always a pleasure. Can't wait for them to come back to the states.
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very amusing drama surrounding their mainstream success and obligatory new share of fans. The ensuing subcultural internet hatred really says more about the so called "underground" than it does about the band. Despite overblown interview statements, performances on shitty festivals etc, Watain have remained 100% true to their roots. Compared to more easy-going bands i.e. almost everyone else, those roots were sincere from their beginning. Adhering to given subcultural conventions is what the vast sea of mediocre clone-bands (and people) are about. Complaning about one of the few bands that actually has a foundation in principle, because they violate abovesaid conventions, is plain out embarrassing.

N. wrote:
I hate this band and all of their rock star moves, as well as their egocentricm.

Because humble behaviour and compassion is what black metal has always been about!
blewcheer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"RBC" is the only great Watain album. Complaining about the production makes no sense whatsoever.
xxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killer album..

I don;t think this needs to be comnpared to their "newer" releases.. simply not possible, haha

actually, I like all their outputs...
Necromancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
Very amusing drama surrounding their mainstream success and obligatory new share of fans. The ensuing subcultural internet hatred really says more about the so called "underground" than it does about the band. Despite overblown interview statements, performances on shitty festivals etc, Watain have remained 100% true to their roots. Compared to more easy-going bands i.e. almost everyone else, those roots were sincere from their beginning. Adhering to given subcultural conventions is what the vast sea of mediocre clone-bands (and people) are about. Complaning about one of the few bands that actually has a foundation in principle, because they violate abovesaid conventions, is plain out embarrassing.

Exclamation
navght

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necromancer wrote:
Airyanem Vaejah wrote:

Exclamation

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Watain were and are still today great. I think the debut is rather good, at least most of the songs, and I love high bass mix, which is sadly way too often missing in BM production.
N.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airyanem Vaejah wrote:

N. wrote:

I'm not concerned about your little interpretation. Call me old fashioned, but I still follow Euronymous' words, when he said if ever Mayhem albums were sold in normal stores, he'd split up the band. Now it's gone too far...and I don't even belong to this "subculture" and it's conventions. Why should black metal be presented to a mass of normal humans? Who cares about gold records unless you're in a rock n roll band who makes it on top ten hit lists? They didn't break conventions, they lost integrity, and Now Eric can say how other bands aren't "basking in the glory of Satan" as his band is, because they're not as big as Watain.
Because humble behaviour and compassion is what black metal has always been about!
VOTHANA666

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: RABID DEATH'S CURSE production Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
...what they can afford at that time. Am I the only one to find that this album is awfully produced ?

...yes awfully produced. would have sounded better with a tape recorder, and a lot cheaper
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N. wrote:
I'm not concerned about your little interpretation. Call me old fashioned, but I still follow Euronymous' words, when he said if ever Mayhem albums were sold in normal stores, he'd split up the band. Now it's gone too far...and I don't even belong to this "subculture" and it's conventions. Why should black metal be presented to a mass of normal humans? Who cares about gold records unless you're in a rock n roll band who makes it on top ten hit lists? They didn't break conventions, they lost integrity, and Now Eric can say how other bands aren't "basking in the glory of Satan" as his band is, because they're not as big as Watain.

In my mind there is no doubt that the “underground black metal scene” consists almost exclusively of normal humans. If anything, it takes more integrity to perform this kind of material with complete sincerity in front of a mainstream festival audience or to speak openly about your views in national television, than it does to play in front of friends and scenesters or sounding as exaggeratedly evil as possible in an interview.

Since you value the words of Euronymous:

Quote:
I wouldn't mind making DSP big and earn a million, as long as I don't change my ways of thinking and being, which is the real important being here. If there were one million black metal fans in the world, most of them would be jerks, but there would be really many true and brutal people as well. The bigger we get, the more we can manipulate people into thinking like us.

http://www.fmp666.com/moonlight/mayhem.html
Dalen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dostojanstvenik wrote:
best Watain album

This. I was never really crazy about the rest of their stuff. I do enjoy all of their albums, Casus is a lot better than the following two of course, but I've been starting to think this band's ambition is greater than their actual skills. They are VERY impressive live, but besides the fact their first two albums came out at a time the scene was less active than it actually is nowadays (which is THE key element to a band's success), the stuff they wrote ain't thaaaat much groundbreaking. I believe there are several greater new black metal bands out there, or equally good, let's say.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldLadyDriver wrote:
Casus is the only great Watain album., which you finish listening to the end.....every other Watain album you just skip and finish after 3 songs,

Pretty much sums up Watain. Casus is great and the rest of their discography amounts to maybe one good album.
Humus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
Dostojanstvenik wrote:
best Watain album

This. I was never really crazy about the rest of their stuff. I do enjoy all of their albums, Casus is a lot better than the following two of course, but I've been starting to think this band's ambition is greater than their actual skills. They are VERY impressive live, but besides the fact their first two albums came out at a time the scene was less active than it actually is nowadays (which is THE key element to a band's success), the stuff they wrote ain't thaaaat much groundbreaking. I believe there are several greater new black metal bands out there, or equally good, let's say.

I enjoyed their liveshows in the RDC-era better than what they bring nowadays (though I think it's atleast two years ago since I last saw them).
Pyrotechnics and stage props, candles & ripped clothes, it looks nice but I enjoyed the atmosphere in the small clubs better. Bands need a certain amount of stage performance, but there's a point where the aesthetical aspect of a concert becomes too prominent.

Also, I liked every new Watain album less than the previous one, so musically they play a lot more 'uninteresting' songs for me then ten years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: