P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Metal DJs post links to your shows and share your tips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VoKu HiLa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Metal DJs post links to your shows and share your tips Reply with quote

I'm thinking of starting a metal show on our local not for profit radio station. Freirad is the name. Looking to benchmark others and would be interested in any tips.

This station broadcasts across metro (tiny) Innsbruck and on line. I'd like to do an hour or two every month. Thinking of trying to disguise my voice and coming up with a nom de guerre as I don't need my employer forming opinions about me from my music choices.

I'd be interested in any input on putting a show together with a mac and then playing it later - as opposed to being committed to a time slot which I might not always be able to make.

Also I'd be interested in how others promote their shows, this is a small market with limited live audience but on line I'd like to grab as many people as possible.

Also, labels, do you send ug shows product or just links to your acts? Is it worth it to support little shows like this or don't you bother? I think it'd be cool as hell to get music from cool labels to promote, hard copy or not.

Any suggestions are welcome, if I do this I'll certainly try and share the infos here.

Thanks.
WhoreChurch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You find links to my show below. It's been live every Tuesday for the last 6.5yrs.

Music: I sign up for as many mailing lists as possible to keep up with new releases. I don't bug labels too much, because in the digital age most everything is available on Bandcamp/Soundcloud. Though it never hurts to shoot an email every now and then. The station my show broadcasts on is official, so all licenses are paid every time I play a band...although I'm not sure Goatpenis would ever see that ascap/bmi money haha.

Promo: Facebook is okay, but it gets worse by the day. Also, I take out ads in zines, made some flyer cards that I hand out/labels have sent with their releases. Occasionally I work with local show promoters and DJ in between sets at various gigs, plus various metal DJ nights. I've also booked shows in the area under the banner of my show.

Show Archiving: I use Soundcloud, pro account. For $15 a month, I can upload as much as I want. Plus it also uploads to iTunes, and I get a lot of traffic there.

As for editing the show together, there are a million different tools depending on your knowledge of audio editing software. Audacity is a good free editor if you're not too skilled. Otherwise, I use ProTools, Adobe Audition, and Logic...but I also work in the audio field and am very familiar with those tools.

You can shoot me an email, PM, or just use this thread if you want to chat more.
VoKu HiLa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhoreChurch wrote:
You find links to my show below. It's been live every Tuesday for the last 6.5yrs.

Music: I sign up for as many mailing lists as possible to keep up with new releases. I don't bug labels too much, because in the digital age most everything is available on Bandcamp/Soundcloud. Though it never hurts to shoot an email every now and then. The station my show broadcasts on is official, so all licenses are paid every time I play a band...although I'm not sure Goatpenis would ever see that ascap/bmi money haha.

Promo: Facebook is okay, but it gets worse by the day. Also, I take out ads in zines, made some flyer cards that I hand out/labels have sent with their releases. Occasionally I work with local show promoters and DJ in between sets at various gigs, plus various metal DJ nights. I've also booked shows in the area under the banner of my show.

Show Archiving: I use Soundcloud, pro account. For $15 a month, I can upload as much as I want. Plus it also uploads to iTunes, and I get a lot of traffic there.

As for editing the show together, there are a million different tools depending on your knowledge of audio editing software. Audacity is a good free editor if you're not too skilled. Otherwise, I use ProTools, Adobe Audition, and Logic...but I also work in the audio field and am very familiar with those tools.

You can shoot me an email, PM, or just use this thread if you want to chat more.

Thanks man, I'll be in touch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: