P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

best live show(s) you've ever seen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kosmik Sacrifice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swans in quite a small venue, the gig was so intense, Michael Gira requested the air conditioning to be turned off and they were so loud your inner organs would rumble, far more intense than a load of idiots in fake blood and make-up.
Immolation were great both times I saw them as well, it's great watching Rob Vigna do his thing with the guitar.
Netjajev

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably:

FRAMTID in Stockholm, 2007.
Caina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarboe 2005, fifty people in a huge venue, most intimate gig ever. Springteen 2008, Dissection/Watain 2004, Blasphemy at Nwn, Swans 2010...

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MORBID ANGEL in 1995 in Montpellier, and in 2003 in Paris. Trey Azagthoth look possessed when playing.

MANILLA ROAD in 2004 at KIT: magic was in the air.

ESOTERIC in Luynes (Aix-en-Provence area) in 2006: they bring you out of this world.

BLESSED IN SIN in Luynes in 2009: Black-Metal to the bone, without idiotic grimness.

MEFITIC evrytime I attended one of their shows: darkness pervades in the place.

BLASPHEMY in Helsinki in 2009: brutal show, perfect sound, intense mosh pit.

And lots of good ones through the years: IMPALED NAZARENE in 1999 or 2000, HIRILORN in 1999, BEHEXEN and LOITS in 2003, ENTOMBED in 2008 or 2009, INQUISITION both times in 2006 and 2011, etc.
alexyorkalive

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godflesh during Hymns tour at the Astoria in London. I think either their last show before splitting or close to it. Were on tour with Fear Factory. Mesmeric... amazing. I think it might have been one of their first ever (and last) shows with the live drummer.

Wolves in the Throne room a few years back at the Underworld in London. Massively hypnotic show.

Taake - either of their last two shows in the Underworld. Just a brutal, insane drunken atmosphere. OOUGH!
astralvesl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmagoon wrote:
weaklingone wrote:
astralvesl wrote:
weaklingone wrote:
-
-Inquisition, Europa, 2010
When I went to see this show, I was still unable to come to peace with Dagon's vocals, but after seeing one song from them live I forever changed my opinion and bought the entire discography. Bar none the BEST live black metal I have ever witnessed.

Was that the one that Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult played? If so that was the best I've ever seen them live out of my 4 times. Followed closely by the free show they did in some warehouse in NY several years ago. My opinions of the warehouse show are biased though based on the freeness as well as the pig that was cooked and fed to everyone. Seriously did anyone else go to that show, what the fuck was that? Black metal philanthropy at its finest.

yes it was with DNS, it was a fucking superb show, I got to see them again in SF but they weren't as good as the Europa show (which is surprising as I hate that venue). That BMPR (black metal pig roast) sounds like it was amazing. Who else played?

krallice Wink

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?
p=53203&sid=a1a8550f36a9058288570191c2cc922c

Dagon played as well, Krallice played Forgiveness in Rot and I've liked them ever since, for the most part anyway. Also what the fuck are those pics at the bottom of that thread? I do not remember that shit at all and I was pretty sure I got there at the beginning. It was probably the wierdest show I've ever been to though. There was also a huge art exhibit thing going on in the warehouse next door and people kept wandering over intermittently to eat the pig or gawk at the drunk women brandishing pigs heads. Yes most of the pig head brandishing came from women, I also remember a girl in the front starting a fight with some rather large guy, ridiculous event.
vinhas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- titãs (1990)
- nirvana (1992, before in uterus)
- viper (1993)
- sanctifier (1994)
- slayer 1994 (before divine intervention)
- paradise lost (1995)
- megadeth (1995)
- ratos de porao (2005)
- mystifier (1997)
- bad religion (1999)
- incantation (2001)
- gorgoroth (2004)
- kreator (2004)
- enthroned (2006, still with sabatan)
- iron maiden (2009, somewhere back in time tour)
- motorhead (2009)
- obituary (2009)
- blasphemy, ares kingdom, black witchery (NWN fest II 2010)
- watain (2010)
- mortuary drape (2010)
- bethlehem (2011)
- impaled nazarene (2011)
- absu (2011)
- inquisition (2011)
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
Another great one for me was Eyehategod in Cleveland, 2010. If anyone has seen the recent EHG live DVD, this is the show. I'm on that DVD a lot, actually. Anyway, it was a very packed, very violent show. There was a really drugged-out, really annoying skinhead who was pissing everyone off by being obnoxious and constantly getting on stage, but eventually he got his ass handed to him, which was funny. The band was on fire the entire show, and it was one of the loudest shows I've been to for sure. The Atlas Moth also played, and they were great.

hahahahha almost went to this gig but im often too lazy to make the trip from columbus to armpit ohio. someday I might actually catch EHG...
kängnäve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few ones that come to mind:

CATHEDRAL @ Belgium, 1992 (Gods Of Grind tour)
ANGEL CORPSE @ Bordeaux, France, 1999?
NEUROSIS @ Bordeaux, France, 1999
NAPALM DEATH @ Bordeaux, France, 1999
CRUDE @ Bielefeld, Germany, 2002
BOMBEREGN @ K-Town Fest, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2005... best "d-beat R'n'R" performance ever (and I've seen shit tons of them, haha)
MOHO @ Bordeaux, France, 2006
WARCRY @ Munich, Germany, 2007
NIGHTMARE (Japan) @ Osaka, Japan, 2009
CONTRAST ATTITUDE @ Mie, Japan, 2011 ---> Blew Framtid out of the water! This band is the deadliest war machine in Japan right now. Unbelievable!

...Many more, but I forget.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOO many shows to recall, though some standouts to me were

Corrupted (SF 2008)

Grief (Emissions from the monolith 2006)

Circle of Dead Children/Prosanctus Inferi (columbus basement show 2007)

Mastodon/Rune (Columbus 2003. random pre leviathan tour. sit next to Brann drumming in an intimate setting and you will understand)

Cannibal Corpse (too professional and generally flawless NOT to enjoy, even if I dont care for much of the later works)

Regurgitate (columbus 2006. I did not break even on this show, more because columbus sucks, but was a blast having Regurgitate in the USA none the less)

MDF 2004 [back when I was still excited about stuff. was super stoked on Malignancy, Brodequin, etc at the time. like a TOTAL idiot, i was passed out in the car for the Repulsion set Sad ]

Slayer (we have all had our first time experiences right? I remember when Tom still actually attempted the into scream to Angel of death)

OM (cleveland 2007, touring on Pilgrimage which had JUST came out. thankfully managed to see them before Al and Chris parted ways and OM went to shit)

cant think of a single memorable "black metal" show since most bands I really enjoy dont play out anyhow. the death metal shows all become a blur after a while. seen bands like suffocation, morbid angel, etc too many times.
swearengen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludicra - 2011 [RIP]
Eyehategod - 2010
Hellstrike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desaster / Behexen / Horna in 2008
Gospel of the Horns / Nocturnal / Ketzer in 2009
In Solitude

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
Dissection final concert.

Amazing. I really wish a high-quality DVD of that would be released.
weaklingone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
blackmagoon wrote:
weaklingone wrote:
astralvesl wrote:
weaklingone wrote:
-
-Inquisition, Europa, 2010
When I went to see this show, I was still unable to come to peace with Dagon's vocals, but after seeing one song from them live I forever changed my opinion and bought the entire discography. Bar none the BEST live black metal I have ever witnessed.

Was that the one that Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult played? If so that was the best I've ever seen them live out of my 4 times. Followed closely by the free show they did in some warehouse in NY several years ago. My opinions of the warehouse show are biased though based on the freeness as well as the pig that was cooked and fed to everyone. Seriously did anyone else go to that show, what the fuck was that? Black metal philanthropy at its finest.

yes it was with DNS, it was a fucking superb show, I got to see them again in SF but they weren't as good as the Europa show (which is surprising as I hate that venue). That BMPR (black metal pig roast) sounds like it was amazing. Who else played?

krallice Wink

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?
p=53203&sid=a1a8550f36a9058288570191c2cc922c

Dagon played as well, Krallice played Forgiveness in Rot and I've liked them ever since, for the most part anyway. Also what the fuck are those pics at the bottom of that thread? I do not remember that shit at all and I was pretty sure I got there at the beginning. It was probably the wierdest show I've ever been to though. There was also a huge art exhibit thing going on in the warehouse next door and people kept wandering over intermittently to eat the pig or gawk at the drunk women brandishing pigs heads. Yes most of the pig head brandishing came from women, I also remember a girl in the front starting a fight with some rather large guy, ridiculous event.

ugh, krallice and an art show, suddenly it sounds extremely gay (and typical NYC). I wonder how they coaxed inquisition to agreeing to that. Watching Krallice play is just like watching nerds masturbate on a stage instead of in their room at home...
Wants/Trades: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275935#275935
Good Traders: Golden Bull, Jalmym203, Kakarot SS5 (Sale), Mangled Torsos (Sale), bc, blashyrkh66, Hobophobic (Multiple), dangerass, thevampirictyrant
speedevilucifer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice theme.
For me Aura Noir before some years,Archgoat and Asphyx in Athens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: