P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Robert E. Howard's Influence On Heavy Metal Lyrics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cauldron_Born

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atommächt: Of course, I mentioned Cauldron Born,as the three most important bands doing the Howard stuff in metal,early on, were Manilla Road,Cauldron Born and Iron Sword. If this thread is going to turn into lashing out at me because of this, I will just choose to refrain from responding. If you want to talk about some of your accomplishments in an article that you write, I will read it,and not attack you.

I had originally written this article for a website called Black Gate,where a lot of fantasy fans who are familiar with REH were not familiar with underground heavy metal music. So one of the reasons for my blogging there was to help me promote my own music and my distro,as well as underground metal. I had planned a series of articles on sword and sorcery and metal music, where I would talk about some of the other great and influential underground metal bands like Cirith Ungol, Brocas Helm,(as well as some newer bands) and so on,that have songs influenced by iconic writers such as Michael Moorcock, as well as genre movies like Hawk the Slayer.

Howie
Cauldron_Born

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:
Cool to see Taramis mentioned, they were a cool band

Thanks ADB. I have a copy of that album on vinyl that Marco(the former singer of Battleroar)gave me back in 2001 when we were playing at the Classic Metal Fest in Kalamazoo. The CD version I carry in my distro has a DVD concert with it.

Howie
Atommächt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SWORD (Texas) had a song called ""The Frost Giant's Daughter" on their second album from 2008. Good band.
Cauldron_Born

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atommächt wrote:
THE SWORD (Texas) had a song called ""The Frost Giant's Daughter" on their second album from 2008. Good band.

Thanks again,Atommächt. You seem pretty interested in this topic. I am sure that you probably know some valid bands that I might have missed in the time line. If you want,you can put them all on a list and email them to me:

mail@howiebentley.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: