P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The sad Truth about Vinyl Re-releases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only 100% analog tape made during the last years I know about is the Israeli "Betraytor" rehearsal tapes that I used to spread. It was recorded with an ancient boombox (actually it sounded really good!!!) and I just dubbed the tapes one by one, until the master tape became way to worn out Laughing

Nowadays it's either cd-r sourced pro-printed tapes (with music recorded with a computer) or shitty "cd-r+covers" recorded on tape (sometimes by a hardly working ghetto blaster, by people that don't know that the heads should be cleaned once in a while. Crying or Very sad )...

Regressive Muerta Metal: https://sadistikus.bandcamp.com/album/desekrehearsal-march-21-2015
Worthless Joke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonwave wrote:

i like music. i don't give a fuck what format it's on. it's beside the point as far as i'm concerned.

One of the most sensible things I've read on here.

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:
This thread HAS bummed me out!
Silly me, I didn't think they got the tracks from cds.

So....

I have MORBID ANGEL's "Altars of Madness" on vinyl from the re-issues Earache put out in 2002/2003 (cant remember the exact year).
So is THIS lp also taken from the damn cd as well????
And what about the "Blessed Are the Sick" picture lps? Same thing???

Yes, and if you liked it before, what has changed?

PhantomOTO wrote:

I would like to see a film about a once-proud cutting guy in a failing pressing plant who turned to alcohol as his prestige declined and his job changed into something he neither excelled at nor loved. Then one day he gets called in to cut masters the old way for a bestial metal album to be limited to 150 copies. Success could restore his reputation and that of his plant. Failure will go unnoticed or be confused for success.

It'd be gripping stuff.

Ha ha!

Btw. I find it real funny how some Proclamation and Teitanblood fans are real worried about getting all the theoretical, and not actually audible,
frequencies when they listen to music.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, I just got a original pressing of this SORCERY "Sinister Soldiers" LP in the mail today that I bought recently... and as I sit here with it cranked on the turntable this experience is pretty much sealing the deal in this debate for me. I've been listening to this album on the CD reissue that came out on Monster for like 15 years because I could never afford an original (they usually go for $400-500 these days, pre-ebay you couldn't find one for under $1000.), and the difference in sounds of this LP vs. the CD (which was made from the original master tapes) is incredible.

This LP sounds SO much more rich and dynamic than the CD. I am grateful to have finally found a copy of this I could afford!

Yeah it sounds better than the bootleg CD I got from King Fowley. I bought my original for $600 two years ago. Great record. Does your copy have the label address on the back bottom?

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

drinks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbiddeceiver wrote:
Bose speakers

There's your problem Razz
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drinks wrote:
morbiddeceiver wrote:
Bose speakers

There's your problem Razz

Good one!
drinks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but it's the truth. My aunt has a pair of Bose 901 from the mid-90s, they can sound decent with some musical selections, but they definitely impart a lot of tonal coloration. I don't mind a bit of coloration (my Denon gear certainly imparts a "signature sound", that I happen to love), but Bose stuff goes to far. It's all mids, lows and highs roll off way too early, it's no wonder you feel the need for a subwoofer.
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I have never put that much thought into it. I just know that it cranks with no distortion. That's enough for me. My system sounds killer though its a bit dated. I still have my Bose from the late 80's and theytill sound amazing.

Last edited by morbiddeceiver on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
drinks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're satisfied with what you've got, that's all that matters. Just stating the likely reason that you prefer a subwoofer when most people don't feel the need for one.
NYSE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drinks wrote:
Sorry, but it's the truth. My aunt has a pair of Bose 901 from the mid-90s, they can sound decent with some musical selections, but they definitely impart a lot of tonal coloration. I don't mind a bit of coloration (my Denon gear certainly imparts a "signature sound", that I happen to love), but Bose stuff goes to far. It's all mids, lows and highs roll off way too early, it's no wonder you feel the need for a subwoofer.

If you want a dry sound, just get some studio monitors. That's the least color you'll find.

I'm running my 1200 through a Mackie mixer and some Tannoys. It's too dry, so I use the Mackie to EQ it how I want it sound.
PhantomOTO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Bose 161s and I feel like they have pretty good bass....
NX-01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignorant me...i didn't know labels are using CDs to master vinyl reissues, that is a terrible practice and i feel rips off the diehard audiophile fans Sad

on another note, i bought a few DVD-Audio and SACDs over the years and played them on my surround setup; the audio mix sounded so different compared to the standard CD mix i was used to, it was like hearing a different version of the albums for the first time. mind you they were major label stuff. but in that comparison the audio jump was noticeable.
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Quote:
Well, I just got a original pressing of this SORCERY "Sinister Soldiers" LP in the mail today that I bought recently... and as I sit here with it cranked on the turntable this experience is pretty much sealing the deal in this debate for me. I've been listening to this album on the CD reissue that came out on Monster for like 15 years because I could never afford an original (they usually go for $400-500 these days, pre-ebay you couldn't find one for under $1000.), and the difference in sounds of this LP vs. the CD (which was made from the original master tapes) is incredible.

This LP sounds SO much more rich and dynamic than the CD. I am grateful to have finally found a copy of this I could afford!

Yeah it sounds better than the bootleg CD I got from King Fowley. I bought my original for $600 two years ago. Great record. Does your copy have the label address on the back bottom?

Wow killer, didn't know you were into collecting this type of stuff too! And I was unaware of a bootleg CD version of this, the Monster Records version I have is official but still sounds a lot flatter than the original LP. My original LP version has the "stickered" sleeve, has the titles stickered on the spine and the copyright thing is stickered on the bottom of the back cover. What about yours? Which version is it? I'm working on setting up a web site to document the different pressings of this so people can ID them finally.
Worthless Joke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NX-01 wrote:
ignorant me...i didn't know labels are using CDs to master vinyl reissues, that is a terrible practice and i feel rips off the diehard audiophile fans Sad

on another note, i bought a few DVD-Audio and SACDs over the years and played them on my surround setup; the audio mix sounded so different compared to the standard CD mix i was used to, it was like hearing a different version of the albums for the first time. mind you they were major label stuff. but in that comparison the audio jump was noticeable.

Well, either those "audiophile" fans didn't notice in which case it doesn't matter. Or they already know and then they are not really ripped off, as they know what they get, right?
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wow killer, didn't know you were into collecting this type of stuff too! And I was unaware of a bootleg CD version of this, the Monster Records version I have is official but still sounds a lot flatter than the original LP. My original LP version has the "stickered" sleeve, has the titles stickered on the spine and the copyright thing is stickered on the bottom of the back cover. What about yours? Which version is it? I'm working on setting up a web site to document the different pressings of this so people can ID them finally.

Yeah I totally worship this album and their second one as well.

I have the second press of Sinister Soldiers with the label address glued to the bottom of the back cover. The actual gloss lamination goes over the address. I was told by a friend that it was the second pressing since the first press lacked the label address on the back. I think there was a sticker on the center labels as well.

I had a harder time finding their second album.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Quote:

Yeah I totally worship this album and their second one as well.

I have the second press of Sinister Soldiers with the label address glued to the bottom of the back cover. The actual gloss lamination goes over the address. I was told by a friend that it was the second pressing since the first press lacked the label address on the back. I think there was a sticker on the center labels as well.

I had a harder time finding their second album.

Yep, they're a great band! I have a hilarious story about finding their second album at a flea market in SOHO in NYC in the late 90's for $10! It was a radio station copy with call letters written on it, but I was so amazed to see it among Bruce Springsteen records!

Let's start a different thread about this great band, I feel the importance of it is being lost mixed in with this endless thread debating reissues!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: