P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Old Metal Records discography
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIRITH UNGOL was a bootleg too.. I think....
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="IronBloodBlasphemy"][

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1466&highlight=[/quote]
King even states "the guys were pissed" in reference to the Wild Dogs cd .It doesn't matter if they kissed and made up after the fact.He said the Cirith Ungol "wasn't legit" either. Embarassed
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gravesnatcher wrote:
IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:
[

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1466&highlight=

King even states "the guys were pissed" in reference to the Wild Dogs cd .It doesn't matter if they kissed and made up after the fact.He said the Cirith Ungol "wasn't legit" either. Embarassed
well at least in the case of CU they were happy w/the results and told him so. In any event, my point is don't write off the entire label as this total bootleg, rip off operation. 95% of the list is legit and band approved
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of those bands need to fucking pay King for putting out their shit again. They should be happy someone loves their music enough to put the time and effort into making it available for those who really want to hear it.

I'm not familiar with pressing statistics or whatever, but I don't think he's making a ton of money off these, anyway.
quietus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Some of those bands need to fucking pay King for putting out their shit again. They should be happy someone loves their music enough to put the time and effort into making it available for those who really want to hear it.

I'm not familiar with pressing statistics or whatever, but I don't think he's making a ton of money off these, anyway.

Well you have missed every important point in the argument. If the bands want people to hear their stuff it is their right. You just can't take someone else's hard work and sell it because you think people would like to hear it. Musicians aren't pathetic monkeys waiting to be acknowledged,they are hard working individuals to be respected and compensated.

I don't know about most of these bands but in every situation the band should be contacted and permission given and an arrangment worked out before any product is sold.

If the claim is that only two of the bands were released without their knowledge I am saying bullshit because I know better. In any case back to the original question, when Can the bands involved expect checks?
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read what Fowley posted, you would be aware that the projects that he administers himself he attempts to make contact, and actually does and gets approval the vast majority of the time. A few times he has not been able to contact the band and released it anyway (and a couple of these times permission was given after the fact). You would also know that Fowley clearly said that payment is given through CDs that the band can sell themselves. They agreed to it, that's payment. Just because they don't get a check doesn't mean they're not getting paid for their work. Of course, some of the releases aren't legit, and that's why a lot of people don't support those particular releases, but only the ones where they know that the band approves of the releases.
quietus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, as long as the band is contacted before and is agreed on no problem. Saying he tried to contact the band but couldn't and did it anyway to me is like saying you went to a store to get a carton of milk but the clerk wasn't at the register, so you just took it. It's thievery and disrespect.
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dodens Grav"]If you read what Fowley posted, you would be aware that the projects that he administers himself he attempts to make contact, and actually does and gets approval the vast majority of the time. A few times he has not been able to contact the band and released it anyway (and a couple of these times permission was given after the fact). You would also know that Fowley clearly said that payment is given through CDs that the band can sell themselves. They agreed to it, that's payment. [/quote]

Payment to Bands are poorly bootlegged cd's,I have heard it all.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietus: I agree completely, as do many others, which is why we don't support the ones we know he didn't get band support for.

gravesnatcher wrote:
Payment to Bands are poorly bootlegged cd's,I have heard it all.

I don't really know what you're trying to say. King Fowley says "hey man, I want to release your CD, I'll give you X amount of copies to sell on your own as payment," then the band says okay, and he gives them the CDs. Is this not acceptable, even though the band consents to the payment? I don't think the band would accept the offer if they thought it was a shit deal, and if they did, it's their own damn fault for saying that it was okay in the first place, no? Or am I missing something else?
quietus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dodens Grav"]quietus: I agree completely, as do many others, which is why we don't support the ones we know he didn't get band support for.

I understand what you're saying, and acknowledge King as a true metal head no doubt, but for me there is no separating the two in my mind. You're either a bootlegger or your legit.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also bootlegs shirts. I bought a bunch from him back in 2001 at a fest.

So what Lars?
quietus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
He also bootlegs shirts. I bought a bunch from him back in 2001 at a fest.

So what Lars?

Again it's theft. The fact that you equate it with what Lars Ulrich has done is revealing about your understanding of not only ethics but the underground. Enjoy your shirts with the thorough knowledge that you have stolen from the bands you love so much. That's all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: