P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Interesting.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sztorm75



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 4365
Location: Warsaw, Poland

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
There will always be guys who are convinced that because they do not get international post faster than download speed that record labels are some giant pyramid scheme that gives away music occasionally. Problem with today's culture is people send paypal payment and wanted the record yesterday. You see many people in the thread say:

"i order from label 6 days ago and have not received anything. They responded to emails before order but i have not heard from them after. Is this rip off?"

I must be the only person who believe that 99% of labels are completely honest people. You simply cannot survive as one otherwise, and very few ripoffs last long before everyone knows about it. I never expect label to tell me "ok sent!" every time i place an order. I figure it will come eventually and do not want to waste their time, and so far have not been let down.


This is true, that's why we must give bigger support to Roy of Necroharmonic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mikael



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 2347

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are surprised he's pissed after losing the money? I'd be too. I understand that many labels or distros doesn't take the blame because postal system has fucked, but if customer has paid for registering, the package has not even left US, it's hardly the customers fault. It's much easier for a label to bite the dust and re-send the items than for the customer to rebuy all of them, because if it's their own releases, they costed some dollars per item for seller, easily x4 to the buyer. Especially when it's clear, that the customer didn't fuck the label...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xyosefx



Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Posts: 6261
Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's two sides to every story.
_________________
Analog Worship label & distro (click for link)

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mikael



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 2347

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
There's two sides to every story.

Of course there is, registration code makes things easy to solve, so I wonder how come the situation is this when the code is available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xyosefx



Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Posts: 6261
Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael wrote:
xyosefx wrote:
There's two sides to every story.

Of course there is, registration code makes things easy to solve, so I wonder how come the situation is this when the code is available.

Because he's impatient. Guess what? Sometimes a package takes a few weeks longer than it's supposed to to leave the country. Things get stuck at the post office. How is that Yosuke's fault? If it turned out that it had somehow slipped through the cracks and never gotten sent, I'm sure Yosuke would have made good on it, but he shipped the guy the package & he didn't want to have to wait. Is every person who runs a distro responsible for postal delays of their packages?

Also keep in mind that he was talking about it still being in the US a month after he PAID. If he ordered during a busy time, like when a high-demand new release was out, his package might not have been shipped for a week or more after he paid. This shit happens.

If you think Yosuke is a rip-off, maybe you should spend you time in another forum, like FMP or something. I know him, in real life not just on the fukking internet, and he's a scrupulously honest man, completely devoted to this music,and he doesn't make a fukking penny off of it, EVER. Every last red cent NWN! makes goes back into the label. This is not a for-profit operation we're talking about. Nobody is making a living off of NWN!
_________________
Analog Worship label & distro (click for link)

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mikael



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 2347

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, over 30 days and the registration says the package has not left US, not really impatient to me. That's over 4 weeks after payment, it's not like US should be a 3rd world country. When I did say it's Yosuke's fault? As I said, I understand that distros has no responsibility for the mail after they've sent it, but also if the sender can clearly see that it's not even shipped outside US, as a customer I'd expect the sender to look what's wrong with it. The buyer has no changes to track it down, when it's not even left the origin country.

I've never said Yosuke is a ripoff, so you can keep your tongue inside your mouth, no need to lick his ass for this. Did I say he's after money with his releases? Did I say he's dishonest? Still, it's funny that when someone complains, you ride like a cowboy, with a tongue erected to the savior. I'm sure Yosuke can write his part here or even delete this thread if needed. I only say that I understand how someone is pissed off when he loses money and things just doesn't move anywhere when he complains. I can also understand that the label's busy, but I don't know the details either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Abrahadabra



Joined: 25 Mar 2010
Posts: 116

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the guy missing the point from the beginning though? The tracking said the package was still in the US, that means it's been sent otherwise the number wouldn't come up with an answer...the guy just needs to learn how to wait.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 8144

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this reminds me of all the times some idiot has bought something from me with tracking and filed complaints against me while the package is obviously sitting in fucking customs. Maybe I just can't read and when you click "place order" a magic bulletin appears that says "thanks! The seller is personally responsible for every stupid thing that can happen in the thousands of miles between two countries."

Fucking ridiculous bullshit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Humus



Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 3306

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you, as a seller, only give people the option to pay with paypal then don't expect them to NOT use the features paypal offers buyers when they don't receive their packages.

In the olden days of NWN I had two packages lost. Since I paid cash in a letter, I never saw any compensation. Packages gone missing are always a delicate subject...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 6654
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Yeah this reminds me of all the times some idiot has bought something from me with tracking and filed complaints against me while the package is obviously sitting in fucking customs. Maybe I just can't read and when you click "place order" a magic bulletin appears that says "thanks! The seller is personally responsible for every stupid thing that can happen in the thousands of miles between two countries."

Fucking ridiculous bullshit.


Yeah, once that package begins to track, you should be off the hook. I say 'begins to track' because if you've got an automated postage dealy, it does that "electronic shipping info received".... I could see some nefarious person ripping people off like that, but once it shows some movement (or pick up scan) in the postal system, the seller is not the problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitewerks



Joined: 27 Oct 2008
Posts: 692
Location: TX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of tracking # is the guy referring to? The # on the Customs form doesn't tell much. From what I remember, it just says when the package was accepted at the PO, not when it leaves the country or maybe it was when the package left the US but nothing after that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 8144

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually when I track stuff coming to the US from Europe I get nothing more than "origin country is preparing to dispatch" or something like that. I've even had stuff show up that way after it was delivered, which makes no sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morbid69



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 1604
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:

I must be the only person who believe that 99% of labels are completely honest people. You simply cannot survive as one otherwise, and very few ripoffs last long before everyone knows about it. I never expect label to tell me "ok sent!" every time i place an order. I figure it will come eventually and do not want to waste their time, and so far have not been let down.


My thoughts exactly
_________________
Good traders: Professor Black, Golden Bull, Albin, TheUnborn, knochen, Valgrinder, Sv., dangerass, dalecooper, s.charlach, into the pit

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
I rather prefer playing with my girlfriends pussy instead of nerding around in a virtual hell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 10639
Location: The Temple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid69 wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:

I must be the only person who believe that 99% of labels are completely honest people. You simply cannot survive as one otherwise, and very few ripoffs last long before everyone knows about it. I never expect label to tell me "ok sent!" every time i place an order. I figure it will come eventually and do not want to waste their time, and so far have not been let down.


My thoughts exactly


+1. The voice of reason. However impatience is a terrible demon to battle, however there definately needs to be a couple weeks inbetween order and a polite inquiry regarding an order. At least a couple weeks and the inquiry needs to be polite if one feels they must make an inquiry at all. Laughing

It is something else though entirely to go online and on forums calling a distro a rip-off. That crosses a line that cannot be uncrossed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MassDoomFan



Joined: 07 Aug 2010
Posts: 959

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Morbid69 wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:

I must be the only person who believe that 99% of labels are completely honest people. You simply cannot survive as one otherwise, and very few ripoffs last long before everyone knows about it. I never expect label to tell me "ok sent!" every time i place an order. I figure it will come eventually and do not want to waste their time, and so far have not been let down.


My thoughts exactly


+1. The voice of reason. However impatience is a terrible demon to battle, however there definately needs to be a couple weeks inbetween order and a polite inquiry regarding an order. At least a couple weeks and the inquiry needs to be polite if one feels they must make an inquiry at all. Laughing

It is something else though entirely to go online and on forums calling a distro a rip-off. That crosses a line that cannot be uncrossed.


All Label's should reply to a "polite inquiry".. If a package does not arrive when it should - the consumer should be able to get an immediate response to an e-mail. Labels like SKR, HHR, & HRR will reply to all questions. Certain labels take 2 weeks just to reply to a e-mail - and yes I find that kind of shit annoying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group