P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Active zines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterott

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

possessor wrote:

Hahaha! Retarded answer dude and it really shows you did this thing only for the MONEY. Shame on you maniac!

what Hellthrasher said made absolutely sense to me... but your reply doesn't.
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Black_Fire"]I think the best way is to do intervies with an cult, old and well-known bands AND with UG bands that are not knows but you likie them, or your friends plays in them etc etc! And of course reviews,

This is our way too!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and a friend of mine are doing a zine as well - ANCIENT SPIRIT TERROR!
Issue #1 + #2 were in German, but we changed to English then after receiving such great feedback & because I was starting to get tired of translating all those interviews into German. Our third issue followed and now #4 is being worked on for ages.

#4 is like 95% ready with only a CELTIC FROST interview to be layouted as well as some reviews to do. Here is some of its content:

Interviews with CELTIC FROST, ASPHYX, GOATLORD, ERODED, PROTECTOR, HELL MILITIA, ANATOMIA, ETERNAL DARKNESS, FUNEBRARUM, BLOODSTONE, DENIAL OF GOD, IBEX THRONE, GRAVEN, PESTNEBEL, NEGATIVE PLANE, DARKMOON WARRIOR, FLUISTERWOUD, GOAT VOMIT, MORTUARY DRAPE and more. In addition to that there is live reviews of INQUISITION, ZEMIAL, KAWIR as well as our huge Greek black metal special featuring interviews with ZEMIAL, NOCTERNITY, KAWIR, ROTTING CHRIST, NAER MATARON plus some tips for Greek black metal collectors, classic reviews, etc. Once again approx. 120 pages of black/death/thrash metal, seperate vinyl reviews, CD reviews.

Can't tell you when this is going to be out, its content has aged anyways, but if you don't mind about that at all: a smart, in-depth & comprehensive friend for your daily dump awaits you, haha!

If there is any bands out there, looking for a nice place to be reviewed/featured in, get in touch! As I'm too stupid to set up a proper website for ANCIENT SPIRIT TERROR, please feel invited to stop by at my MySpace-profile for more info on our atrocities. Contact me via that one or this forum!
http://www.myspace.com/ancientspiritterror

We are also organising shows over here, check http://www.myspace.com/unholymetalmayhem for infos!

Bands we did shows with: ARCHGOAT, REVENGE, HELL MILITIA, DESTROYER666, WATAIN, ZARATHUSTRA, PARIA, ANAEL, ETERNITY, BLACK WITCHERY, ZEMIAL, and many more...
harmless

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last issue of currents 'zine will be released this summer. i don't really want any well known bands cause it's uncool to sell copies of 'zines.

if nobody knows your band get in touch!
if people want stuff reviewed get in touch!
if you have a good looking g/f or wife and want to send me pics of her with cum in her face only jpg is real!

djofladyrkun at gmail.com
Astaroth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmless wrote:
the last issue of currents 'zine will be released this summer. i don't really want any well known bands cause it's uncool to sell copies of 'zines.

if nobody knows your band get in touch!
if people want stuff reviewed get in touch!
if you have a good looking g/f or wife and want to send me pics of her with cum in her face only jpg is real!

djofladyrkun at gmail.com

You perverted Icelandic bastards.
harmless

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only if it's in jpg! Wink
HELLTHRASHER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

possessor wrote:
HELLTHRASHER wrote:
Black_Fire wrote:
Hey, Hellthrasher, why you doind inties with only wellknown bands? I'm looking on your flyer and I know evrything... Ok, it's cool to talk with cult or known bands, but look at CALL TO THE INFERNAL HORDES line-up!!!!

Simple, I sell more this way.
Bigger bands are the hook that attracts the heads and while they check the 'bigger' band , they will also read about the more UG kult acts. Find out about who they are/were , what they did, where/who are they now, etc.
It's always good to have a headliner.

Furthermore, I'm NOT going to assume the whole world knows about say Nocturnal or Trench Hell or even Atomizer. Just because I, you and 8 others on the board knows them, I can't assume all the heads in Ecuador, Brazil , Spain or Portugal know them as well.

The puporse for a zine [to me] is to introduce current kult acts to new fans and to keep the older fans and diehards updated with what the band/s is/are up to. All in addition to the reviews and editorials as well.

Every 'zine editor/writer has their technique and touch towards their own 'zine .Which is really great. Shows where they come from and how their versions are compared to yours, etc.
Would be rather shitty if all the 'zines were of the same background, with same style/bands, etc.

Lots of great 'zines out there today. Especially a few that I have noticed on this thread..

Some notable are:
Morbid Tales 'zine
Franang 'zine
DeadHead'zine
Thrash Attack'zine
Iron Hammer'zine
Noise n Shit'zine
Necromaniac'zine
etc. etc.

-l-

Hahaha! Retarded answer dude and it really shows you did this thing only for the MONEY. Shame on you maniac!

You missed the point entirely. But rather then rephrase what I said, as it couldn't get any clearer then this, I will say the following...

First and foremost - there is absolutely NO profit in making a printed 'zine!
Nothing at all. I lose more [$$] then I gain.

Printed 'zines these days are extremely expensive to produce and depending on how many pages/paper type, etc. the 'zine owners lose more then what they make. [Not to mention the cost of paper has gone up here in CA/USA]
If I were to really make some sort of 'Money' with this, I would charge about $7.00(plus s/h) an issue, rather then $5.00.
But it's not about that.
'zines are normally priced at a rate that the ‘zine owner can make back what he lost/invested in it. Just so long as the seller/'zine owner doesn't go completely broke, they are set the way they are.

Although many ['zine owners] may have different interpretations or a slight relation to what was said, the aforementioned was based on my experience thus far.

My deepest hails and respects to those who can still manage to continue working on their 10th, 15th or even 20th PRINTED issue after all these years!
Many great 'zines have stopped that method as MetalNightmare, Voices From The Darkside, Unholy Terror, etc. and migrated to the cyber world.
The reality is it's just very expensive to continue doing so.

AND if I were REALLY to be about the $$, I would have possibly added 'bigger' mainstream acts and have advertisements from Century Media, Roadrunner Rec. , Hot topic and so on.
But what do I care about interviewing shitty Black/Deth Metal bands as Cannibal Corpse, Marduk, Dimmu, Napalm Death, Opeth, COB and whatever the hell there is out there.
Anyone wants to read their latest crap tales can tune in to Blabbermouth.net and indulge.

Metal Storm’zine will NEVER be about that.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep up the good work & don't give a shit about people who hardly know how hard is to make a zine...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blood Of Von

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

throneofmight wrote:
keep up the good work & don't give a shit about people who hardly know how hard is to make a zine...

Second that !

HELLTHRASHER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right!
I knew I wasn't speaking in another language. .
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mastubator wrote:

+ those GoatPenis/Superated Futius demos he released were insane!

Yeep, I liked hteaD nO tabbaS most.
harmless

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.pdf ist krieg!
Sepulchral_Vomit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLTHRASHER wrote:
I run Metal Storm'zine from Los Angeles (NOT to be confused with MetalStorm Monthly from Las Vegas)

First release
Vol.1

71 pages.
Very few available.

Second release
Vol.2

100 pages
Plenty available.

I got these 2 fuckers some weeks ago and are fucking MANDATORY!!!
Excelent job and fucking worked informative interview!!! Great AT WAR one!!!! HORNS UP!
HELLTHRASHER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sepulchral_Vomit wrote:
HELLTHRASHER wrote:
I run Metal Storm'zine from Los Angeles (NOT to be confused with MetalStorm Monthly from Las Vegas)

First release
Vol.1

71 pages.
Very few available.

Second release
Vol.2

100 pages
Plenty available.

I got these 2 fuckers some weeks ago and are fucking MANDATORY!!!
Excelent job and fucking worked informative interview!!! Great AT WAR one!!!! HORNS UP!

Thanks for the feedback and suppport!

Where did you get them from? Hells Headbangers perhaps?
Sepulchral_Vomit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback and suppport!

Where did you get them from? Hells Headbangers perhaps?

Yes, with my last order!!! Keep up the good work man!!! TOTAL SUPPORT!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: