P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Traveling to Asia - Need Help for Record Stores/Shows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Old Banyan Tree



Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 553

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:
belleyan wrote:
BTW, if possible please let me know when you are at 666 shop, my copies of Cauchemar LP, Morbid Tale zine, and heavy metal cook book need a signature Very Happy


Thanks for the support and the hint with FU SHENG records! I will be staying at Wang's place for a week from October 24th so I will for sure let you know when I am in 666.


Vansinne, I plan to visit SHANGHAI also! We should meet!

Old Banyan Tree wrote:
Hit me up if you are in Bangalore in South India (Im sure you might head to Goa on this trip Wink. I hold the Trendslaughter festival on January 29th in 2012, so if you are in the neighbourhood let me know. I will also help you out with contacts from other cities if you need any help. Cheers!


Our dates are not set in stone yet, so we will try to go to Bangalore for your fest! Sounds killer!!!


Thanks to everyone for help!!

Sounds good! We will have 3 foriegn bands including a NWN band (headliner)
+ 3 local bands. So it would be good if you came. Pm me whenever you need my help. You can also get in touch with some of Nepal metal bands like Kalodin for advice in Nepal. I think they are gonna have a lot of fests around the end of this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellfire Commando



Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 2479
Location: Montréal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Naso, thank you very much for your detailed information! I will surely visit those places. Killer about that place in China, I can't wait to see what they have there... it's so strange, as I heard LP's in China were almost non-existent! I guess it must be an error or somekind on an order or something haha

Cheers!!
_________________
The Goat of fire in me ablaze
Oh cosmic furnace I behold
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jnfernal



Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 128

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh I am not sure 100% if the shop in BAODING (China) still exist. Last time I went was in 2007 Very Happy.
It's a huge dvd shop in the downtown: I can only remember that in front of the shop there is a car repairs shop and a disco.

But I was surprised too...if you go to Kuala Lumpur dont forget to go to Campbell Complex....they should still have an original vynil copy of STRANA OFFICINA's first Lp sold at 15 euros....I couldn't buy it because I had no space in my bag and I was afraid to break it. But they have a huge selection of original vynils at very, very good price. Then you can meet Sil Khannaz's guitarist that is the owner of the shop. At the same level there's another good shop owned by an old chinese couple (funny and friendly too Smile ) who have a lot of local/international CDs too...I found RATOR CD as well as EXCRUCIATE double CD and a lot of other rare CD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ross Liew



Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 1625
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnfernal wrote:
Eh I am not sure 100% if the shop in BAODING (China) still exist. Last time I went was in 2007 Very Happy.
It's a huge dvd shop in the downtown: I can only remember that in front of the shop there is a car repairs shop and a disco.

But I was surprised too...if you go to Kuala Lumpur dont forget to go to Campbell Complex....they should still have an original vynil copy of STRANA OFFICINA's first Lp sold at 15 euros....I couldn't buy it because I had no space in my bag and I was afraid to break it. But they have a huge selection of original vynils at very, very good price. Then you can meet Sil Khannaz's guitarist that is the owner of the shop. At the same level there's another good shop owned by an old chinese couple (funny and friendly too Smile ) who have a lot of local/international CDs too...I found RATOR CD as well as EXCRUCIATE double CD and a lot of other rare CD.


The one owned by Sil Khannaz's guitarist is called Nebiula Heavy Metal Shop but i doubt if they have much vinyls nowadays, if any it could be the owner's personal copies. The one managed by a Chinese couple is called Campbell Music. Great place - good service too!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jnfernal



Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 128

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've been to Nebula in 2009 and they had hundreds of vinyls....I think they should have still a huge selection. He told me once that local metalheads do not have much money to afford the purchase of an original vynil, most of his customers are still students and they do not have a lot of money. I hope there is still a lot of vynil for sale in there.

Another great shop in Kuala Lumpur is Joe Kidd's "Ricecooker" (also base for Basement Records). But I know it moved somwhere else in town. When I went there it was at the Annex's Central Market. And they had really A LOT of stuff. My brother went there in 2010, it moved to another place but I can't remind the new address. I think it should be the one I posted some replies above, if they didn't move furthermore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jnfernal



Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 128

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, mr. Ross Liew...I presume you're from Malaysia.
I have a personal question for you: do you know a girl called Irene Ling (Choo Mei Ling) from Petaling Jaya, formerly living in Brickfield? She was involved in some gothic/dark/death/black musical project and she organized some great events in the past. She was my ex girlfriend but I lost every trace of her since early 2010. I wonder if she's still there or she moved somewhere else
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 10621
Location: The Temple

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN international stalking.

There are some girls I can no longer find either anymore. Anyone care to help expose those fucking bitches, I mean ex's for me too ??? Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jnfernal



Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 128

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your stupid comment is completely inopportune
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AngelBlake



Joined: 09 Sep 2009
Posts: 374

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnfernal wrote:
Also in Beijing/Peking there is the Flea Market near....hell I forgot the area....but it's famous...it's a 3-level big store/flea market. I found a lot of ROCK-O-RAMA CDs for 1 euro and they had also a nice variety of old thrash/death/metal CD...like in every flea market you can find everything and nothing, depending on the moment....the place is pretty famous but I really can't remember the area.....


YaShow / Sanlitun?
_________________
http://feedtheflies.tumblr.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 10621
Location: The Temple

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnfernal wrote:
your stupid comment is completely inopportune


Publicly stalking some broad where you could have easily just pm'd it instead is just stupid. The real kind of stupid.

All I did was point out your stupidity with some powerful stupidity appointed powers for spotting out really stupid posts.
Now that you feel stupid for posting such a stupid question instead of pm'ing it... not my fault.

...and it was most opportune to point this out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wilhelm



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1489

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Traveling to Asia - Need Help for Record Stores/Shows Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:
Hails!


Grim aves!
_________________
lurking fear wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Bolt Thrower didn't hold up well at all for me... no desire at all to ever listen to this band again.


Go brush your doll's hair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilhelm



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1489

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stay away from Thailand. That's where metalheads go to die.
_________________
lurking fear wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Bolt Thrower didn't hold up well at all for me... no desire at all to ever listen to this band again.


Go brush your doll's hair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lordsharkhu



Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Posts: 57
Location: Malaya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnfernal wrote:
Well I've been to Nebula in 2009 and they had hundreds of vinyls....I think they should have still a huge selection. He told me once that local metalheads do not have much money to afford the purchase of an original vynil, most of his customers are still students and they do not have a lot of money. I hope there is still a lot of vynil for sale in there.

Another great shop in Kuala Lumpur is Joe Kidd's "Ricecooker" (also base for Basement Records). But I know it moved somwhere else in town. When I went there it was at the Annex's Central Market. And they had really A LOT of stuff. My brother went there in 2010, it moved to another place but I can't remind the new address. I think it should be the one I posted some replies above, if they didn't move furthermore.



don't forget KARUNGUNI STORE at nearby nebuila metal shop...a lot of records for sale in there also
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ross Liew



Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 1625
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnfernal wrote:
By the way, mr. Ross Liew...I presume you're from Malaysia.
I have a personal question for you: do you know a girl called Irene Ling (Choo Mei Ling) from Petaling Jaya, formerly living in Brickfield? She was involved in some gothic/dark/death/black musical project and she organized some great events in the past. She was my ex girlfriend but I lost every trace of her since early 2010. I wonder if she's still there or she moved somewhere else


Sorry mate, don't know her...can try to ask around some friends of mine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NecroDoom



Joined: 10 Aug 2010
Posts: 368
Location: +++rotting+++hell+++

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can check out http://www.metaltravelguide.com/

the trouble is with this website (or Asia in general), that things are changing fast and the shops are gone... with the real estate prices rising fast, shops selling purely metal stuff of course can not afford to keep up with the constant rise... this happened to me recently in SINGAPORE, where one shop being located in the middle of the town suddenly vanished. it had some little local stuff, some vinyls, but little offer. i never paid attention though if pulverised records had a shop - because they rule!
in HONG KONG i was also looking for some shops having second hand CDs and vinyl, but some shops disappeared, too....in the SINO CENTRE on Kowloon side you have 2nd Hand CD and DVD shops. one shop having some hard rock stuff if I remember correctly.
in CHINA i found nothing in SHANGHAI, but in BEIJING was 666 shop. it was very cool to meet local metalheads. the offer also was limited, but had enough bootleg shirts for reasonable pricing.
in JAPAN lot of the big music chains had a lot of metal stuff, but over the last 5 - 6 years these shop have decreased the metal cd or cds in general massively. however, a big big big thank you to DISK UNION in TOKYO (near SHINJUKU STATION). http://diskunion.net/st/shop/e_index.html !!! on the top floor, they have hardcore & punk & crustcore CD & vinyl (check them out, too, i found the last time some CORONER JAPAN PRESS VINYL!!). below they have hard rock, heavy metal, black & death metal cds, very much updated selection. the floor below has all second hand metal stuff, even lots of vinyl. the pricing is fair and sometimes you find some killer stuff (SODOM JAPAN 1ST PRESS CDS, EXHORDER JAPAN PRESS CDS)!!! a couple of streets away there is another disk union shop, which has a larger variety, but also corner with cool 2nd hand metal cds. DISK UNION has been the very best metal shop experience! don't miss this one!!!
_________________
+++ +++ +++
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group