P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Versions of Freezing Moon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Versions of Freezing Moon Reply with quote

Bear with me on this. Several years ago I had Sirius satellite radio and they played a version of Freezing Moon with Dead on vocals that I believe I have not been able to track down. I could be wrong. It's definitely not the one from Live in Leipzig, it's not from Dawn of the Black Hearts, and I don't believe it's from the Freezing Moon EP, either. I am strictly going from memory here...it almost sounded like it could have been recorded live, but there was definitely no crowd noise. I see on MA that there is apparently a "demo" of the Freezing Moon EP...I've never heard this, does it sound that different from the actual EP? I suppose that could be it, but haven't found an upload. Are there any other renditions of Freezing Moon out there? If I'm not tricking myself, it was honestly the best rendition I've ever heard, the vocals were absolutely inhuman. The other way to potentially get to the bottom of this is if anyone might know a guy who knows a guy who knows what exactly Sirius has in their metal catalog... Any help?
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be the version on Of Lord Satans Mysteries as well.
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody heard the "demo" of Freezing Moon and Carnage? Does it sound at all different from the official release of the same two tracks?
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its always a roll of the dice with these bootlegs (as stated in the other going thread) but maybe the version you seek lies here?

http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/item.asp?PID=27495

just like their description says, I have NO idea which recording session this is. based on their guess in the description, this could be consistent with the time frame you are looking at. @ $13.33 I question if this is really worth it though. id have to say NO... hahaha
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha! I appreciate the effort, thank you. I may look into this. are you assuming Dead is on vocals here?
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if it was "probably" recorded sometime between 89-90, I would say its definitely dead on the vocals. looks like some dead artwork on the cover too. if this thing was say $5 cheaper, I might jump on it. I'd buy it for the layout alone... hahahaha. looks totally awesome for a boot though. xerox kvlt eternal!!!

I'm betting this is the same bootlegger that produced the Sarcofago Victory Against Christ 7", which also turned out to be very overpriced and somewhat of a waste of time. again, you win some, you lose some with these bootlegs
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the sound of things you may be describing the 2 studio tracks (Freezing Moon & Carnage) from the bootleg split with Morbid I bought ages ago (A Tribute To the Black Emperors).

Did a little more research and those tracks were the ones from the Projections of a Stained Mind comp.

Last edited by under a funeral shroom on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Zombie Dance

There is the Live in jessheim and live in zeitz too, you can try these ones.
Voidhanger

Here are the recorded versions with Dead that I'm aware of:

Studio / rehearsal versions:

1988(?) rehearsal with the "Ye Entrancemperium" riff (bonus tracks on the Live in Zeitz CD on Cult ov Evil Gods)

1990 studio version from the Projections of a Stained Mind compilation.

1991 rehearsal from In Memorium / Of Lord Satan's Mysteries.

1991(?) rehearsal with vocals accredited to Occultus (last couple tracks on In Memorium, it's obviously Dead on vocals)

Live:

February 3, 1990 - Jessheim (The Great War - Live in Jessheim)

February 28, 1990 - Sarpsborg (Dawn of the Black Hearts)

November 24, 1990 - Zeitz (War and Sodomy)

November 26, 1990 - Leipzig
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dudes! Thanks! It's the weirdest thing, it sounded like it was recorded outside, but no crowd noise. His voice was almost "crackling." When I heard it, I specifically had a thought-image of Dead's corpse-painted, disembodied face in the midnight sky laughing over all the land.
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Abortion wrote:
When I heard it, I specifically had a thought-image of Dead's corpse-painted, disembodied face in the midnight sky laughing over all the land.

you should have told from the beginning that you were on crack. It mixes all the data you know.
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Dance wrote:
Pro Abortion wrote:
When I heard it, I specifically had a thought-image of Dead's corpse-painted, disembodied face in the midnight sky laughing over all the land.

you should have told from the beginning that you were on crack. It mixes all the data you know.

I suppose when you listen to music you have thought-images of listening to music?
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost positive you're talking about the Projections tracks.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
its always a roll of the dice with these bootlegs (as stated in the other going thread) but maybe the version you seek lies here?

just like their description says, I have NO idea which recording session this is. based on their guess in the description, this could be consistent with the time frame you are looking at. @ $13.33 I question if this is really worth it though. id have to say NO... hahaha
That must be a new bootleg version of an older bootleg. The first time I saw pictures of this "I Love Transilvania" bootleg was easily 8-9 years ago...
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolf wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:

That must be a new bootleg version of an older bootleg. The first time I saw pictures of this "I Love Transilvania" bootleg was easily 8-9 years ago...

is this repeat material from other boot releases, or even worth while if not? of these 3 recent bootlegs I saw, this was the only one I would "maybe" consider picking up, but even that is doubtful considering the price. I would have to find it a bit cheaper first
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: