P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

so after listening to envoy of lucifer lots of times ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed 'Envoy..', not as pounding as the previous albums but still maintains a lot of feeling and enthusiasm- some great really catchy HM riffs. Funniest thing is I see the LP go for Ģ25+ on ebay and its still easy to find Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I agree with most of what is being said here. "Envoy Of Lucifer" is a really good album, but far from their best.

I also agree that it is seriously annoying that so many releases today sound similar to at least 100 others (and not just within black metal). I wouldn't even count it as a sign of metal-worship to like most of the releases today, more like a sign blind acceptance of anything.

However I would not say that Nifelheim is one of the worst examples of this - very far from it. There are thousands of bands I would call faceless/clones before Nifelheim. They might rely heavily on certain inspirations, but are doing their own thing that is different from the vast majority of bands today.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itīs a good album... They have made better ones in the past, but I am not willing to write them off yet.
I was expecting the traditional heavy metal influences to come through already on earlier albums in the extent that Envoy has them... When it comes to songwriting, I would like them to be influenced more by obscure mongolian bands than Iron Maiden.
Still havenīt seen them play live. Embarassed
tomas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only problem i have with this LP is that the kickdrum is barely there in the fast parts, which i always hate!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too fond of the guitar sound, too thin and polished for my taste. Despite that the album remains extremely good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: