P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Deicide vinyl reissues: Once Upon The Cross & Serpents ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngeldeathGreg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Deicide vinyl reissues: Once Upon The Cross & Serpents ? Reply with quote

So, I'm just curious to see if anyone here has the Cargo Records reissues of Deicide's "Once Upon the Cross" and "Serpents of the Light" records and can tell me anything about their sound and quality?

I'd really really like to have a copy of "Once Upon The Cross" on vinyl, I love that album and I'm seeing the reissues all over the place now.

Are they good quality releases? Can anybody comment?

thanks!!!
ANGELDEATH - death metal --> for fans of Krisiun, Centurian, Defaced Creation, Morbid Angel, Vital Remains, Luciferion, Immortal, Necrophobic, Hate Eternal, Deicide, Diabolic, Rebaelliun, Throneaeon, Angelcorpse

www.myspace.com/angeldeath518
Descension

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great sound, and 2-day FedEx from Amazon rules. Although the OUtC reissue does NOT have the dissected jewsus painting on the insert as on the original pressing, unfortunately.

Serpents of the Light comes with a poster too.
AngeldeathGreg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, sick. Then I'm definitely going to pick them up.

I think "Once Upon the Cross" is an under-rated album; sure, its no Legion, but I like it a lot because they were able to work in a lot of nifty musical technical stuff into a more groovy, heavier sound. Its like a more bludgeoning Deicide, rather than the blazing spit-fire Deicide of the first 2.

And Serpents was the last thing they ever did that was worth listening to, and the title track is awesome, so... yeah. haha
ANGELDEATH - death metal --> for fans of Krisiun, Centurian, Defaced Creation, Morbid Angel, Vital Remains, Luciferion, Immortal, Necrophobic, Hate Eternal, Deicide, Diabolic, Rebaelliun, Throneaeon, Angelcorpse

adlianb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got a few of the cargo reissues and soundwise they are excellent but packaging leave much to be desired. it seems the layout are taken from the last roadrunner cd reissues so expect uneven pictures resize, typo, lettering misallignment etc...
Vegeta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are they both represses? i thought Serpents of the light hadn't been released on wax uintil now?

Kvlty wrote:
I Recently got heavily into Goat Semen and Anal vomit
Atommächt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one needs a repress of "Serpents of the Light" as long as no one wants to buy my CD version of this turd.
AngeldeathGreg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegeta wrote:
are they both represses? i thought Serpents of the light hadn't been released on wax uintil now?

I believe that Serpents is a vinyl debut, and Once Upon the Cross is a repress.

They really need to do a Legion repress, though; that album is nowhere to be found except insanely-priced picture disc versions on ebay....

blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngeldeathGreg wrote:
awesome, sick. Then I'm definitely going to pick them up.

I think "Once Upon the Cross" is an under-rated album; sure, its no Legion, but I like it a lot because they were able to work in a lot of nifty musical technical stuff into a more groovy, heavier sound. Its like a more bludgeoning Deicide, rather than the blazing spit-fire Deicide of the first 2.

And Serpents was the last thing they ever did that was worth listening to, and the title track is awesome, so... yeah. haha

Im not a huge fan of the album, sans a couple tracks... but I think it has what is possibly the best production of any death metal album.
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngeldeathGreg wrote:
Vegeta wrote:

I believe that Serpents is a vinyl debut, and Once Upon the Cross is a repress.

They really need to do a Legion repress, though; that album is nowhere to be found except insanely-priced picture disc versions on ebay....

There's a copy of the regular LP on ebay right now for £50...quite ridiculous. I'd pay a fair bit for copy of Legion on vinyl, but not that much. Then again I'd rather pay for that than some dubious repress with typos etc like have been mentioned in this thread.
AngeldeathGreg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, actually i could have answered my own question!!! I didn't realize that the copy of "Deicide" that I have is the Cargo records repress.

Yeah.... ummm... big failure on that packaging, holy shit. The cover is fine, and the printed jacket is fine and has the lyrics... except that it has this fucking essay from Lords of Chaos that is printed twice, or 3 times... I'm not exactly sure, because the paragraph divisions change every time, lol. Or maybe its 1.5 times, because it seems like it cuts off at the bottom of the left column.

Its a cool read, but the printing was totally goofed. Everything else is fine though. I'm listening to the album right now actually, and it sounds great.

Does anybody know if this is actually a remastered version of the original album, or is this the same exact audio? (i'm talking about the debut)

Descension

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine they used the remastered CD for the source.
nekromaniak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bringing up old thread.. Has anyone here got the Legion reissue done by Metal Blade? If yes, how is it?
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekromaniak wrote:
Sorry for bringing up old thread.. Has anyone here got the Legion reissue done by Metal Blade? If yes, how is it?

Ditto for me.
heavyR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see any record of a Legion reissue being released, got a link?

**Edit: Nvm, found it: http://www.indiemerch.com/metalbladerecords/item/27277

Buy this crap.
DFP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminder, because this

Quote:
No one needs a repress of "Serpents of the Light" as long as no one wants to buy my CD version of this turd.

is still valid.

I would also throw that other dust-collecting garbage CD Immortal "Blizzard Beasts" on top of it to complete the package.

PM if interested: (West-)Europeans only, Swiss preferred.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: