P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Hour Of 13 / Pagan Rites-Evil Wrath
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Hour Of 13 / Pagan Rites-Evil Wrath Reply with quote

I really like the fact that both of these releases have the same cover....
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yosuke already explained the reason for this, search......
huja

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pagan rites/evil wrath is pretty good. a lot better than i expected. the hour of 13 is fucking amazing!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:

I searched for this, didn't find...

Where?
huja

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Kommunion wrote:
IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:

I searched for this, didn't find...

Where?

NWN PROD wrote:
I knew the cover for Pagan Rites was the same as that of Hour of 13 LP. I asked Devil Lee Rot to change it but he had his mind set on using it. It's an old Satanic painting from the 70's.

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2217

third post down.
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I even emailed Devil Lee Rot about it before it was released and he ignored my email. Fuck him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess it's not the first time this has happened. No offense to PR or NWN, but it kind of demeans the purpose of having an original release.

Fuck it... It's all Metal!
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He knew about it before his release came out and choose to not change it. What kind of idiot would want to have the same exact album cover KNOWING (keyword being "KNOWING") beforehand? Fuck him.

Atleast Yosuke tried to stop it and I thank him for thinking of SKR/HO13.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he had his reasons for using it I guess. No worries here, I just found it a bit strange that two releases that were fairly close to each other came up looking the same.

Beers in Hell.
carrioncrow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HOUR OF 13 release was first and is superior...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, man. Thanks a lot!
illomen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on, hour of 13 is a new band. why should pagan rites, who are verterans, change the artwork they chose for them? it really isnt a big deal if two albums have the same artwork. it isnt the first or the last time such a thing has happened. it doesnt demean the value of either release.

its not like it is original art made for the hour of 13 or pagan rites albums. did eitehr band bother to contact the artist? if not, thats who should be pissed off if anyone is...
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
come on, hour of 13 is a new band. why should pagan rites, who are verterans, change the artwork they chose for them? it really isnt a big deal if two albums have the same artwork. it isnt the first or the last time such a thing has happened. it doesnt demean the value of either release.

That makes no sense to me, because a band is OLDER, it's cool of the to use the same artwork?

You're right, it isn't the first time, but when you do it KNOWINGLY (KEY WORD, for the 2nd time), it's a dick move. Period. If I knew someone was using something BEFORE me, I would out of respect change it no problem.... + I wouldn't want the same artwork, it's lame espically if you KNOWINGLY do it.

It's over, Devil Lee Rot is a dick, and that's the end of it.
illomen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
illomen wrote:

That makes no sense to me, because a band is OLDER, it's cool of the to use the same artwork?

You're right, it isn't the first time, but when you do it KNOWINGLY (KEY WORD, for the 2nd time), it's a dick move. Period. If I knew someone was using something BEFORE me, I would out of respect change it no problem.... + I wouldn't want the same artwork, it's lame espically if you KNOWINGLY do it.

It's over, Devil Lee Rot is a dick, and that's the end of it.

plenty of bands "knowingly" use the same artwork. why does it really matter? is someone going to decide not to buy one of the releases because of that? of course not. and really shouldnt we be more concerned with the music?

besides, why should he have changed the artwork? just because you released the h.o.13 album a few months earlier? perhaps he had planned on using that artwork for years.

also, you didnt answer my question...did you contact the artist?

i dont mean any offense. i respect your label and ive wanted to check out hour of 13 since it came out. i just think youre overreacting to this. im only offering a contrary opinion which has no bearing on my opinion of your label or either of the bands we are discussing...in truth i dont care very much about the artwork on either of these records.
NAGAWIKA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like say above, this isn't really a bid deal. that kind of things can happen.
very much of bm bands have the same imagery (goat, pentagram, inverted cross, etc) and nobody complain about that.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: