P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Demon Bitch - Hellfriends DEBUT LP (ex-Borrowed Time, etc..)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnslavedByMeat

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Demon Bitch - Hellfriends DEBUT LP (ex-Borrowed Time, etc..) Reply with quote

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/De ... nds/584006

Their debut EP was pretty fantastic and it's time for these guys to release their debut full length Hellfriends (Skol Records) on June 17th and it might end up to be the best trad metal album of 2016. I was pretty sad when Borrowed Time broke up (fortunately J-P Abboud joined great Canadian bands Funeral Circle and Gatekeeper)

This is intricate, classy trad heavy/speed/power metal and fans of Omen, Manilla Road and the likes should defnitely fall in love with 'em.

Title track: https://demonbitch.bandcamp.com/
FengisRipRider

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily the greatest new heavy/traditional/speed metal release in recent memory. Luckily for me I have already heard the whole masterpiece!! However it should be noted that no members of Demon Bitch have ever been members in Borrowed Time, they were simply studio and live helpers. This can be confirmed in the metal squadron interview they did but don't take my word for it read the interview! Also feel free to ask them! However they are definitely the progenitors of White Magician whose debut cd ep "The Pledge" is reaching its last copies of first edition. Buy now for $10 or from some Greek collector maniac for $100 in 20 years! haha
EnslavedByMeat

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard it too, best trad metal album of the year for sure.

Concerning Borrowed Time, I mean when you're studio and live musicians, it's a bit difficult not to be called "members" of the band. Nomenclature aside, there's always conflicting views from each side when a band broke up. Anyhow, it's fair to mention that they were in BT, at least to attract the fans from this other band or something. I also did an interview with JP Abboud for The Metal Observer/my blog where he offered his side of the equation.
FengisRipRider

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnslavedByMeat wrote:
I've heard it too, best trad metal album of the year for sure.

Concerning Borrowed Time, I mean when you're studio and live musicians, it's a bit difficult not to be called "members" of the band. Nomenclature aside, there's always conflicting views from each side when a band broke up. Anyhow, it's fair to mention that they were in BT, at least to attract the fans from this other band or something. I also did an interview with JP Abboud for The Metal Observer/my blog where he offered his side of the equation.

Whatever, makes no real difference to me. If you like heavy metal you might enjoy Demon Bitches whole catalog. There is an LP comp of the self title ep and death is hanging ep out right now as well for those who missed the cassette editions of those.
Goatness

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the LP and cassette of Death is Hanging and the earlier Demo. Needless to say I am eagerly awaiting the full length. Easily the best new Heavy Metal act! These guys do Evil, Spirited Heavy Metal the right way all the while making it a blast to listen to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: