P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Metallica
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Metallica Reply with quote

Went to see them in Gothenburg on Sunday, first time in almost 15 years and it was great. Played lots of old classics, started off with Hit the Lights and played a good few from RTL. After all these years those older records are still killer. Not a fan of the stuff after MOP, but they have enternal respect for those early records.

Been on a Metallica buzz since the show

NP:

Last edited by Weltering in Blood on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Wraith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first five albums are all great, except for the following songs:

Seek and Destroy
Trapped Under Ice
Escape
Leper Messiah
The Frayed Ends of Sanity
Enter Sandman
Nothing Else Matters
ADB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They completely shit on their legacy, but the first 4 LPs still kill me every time
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Lepar Messiah. Think I over played Seek and Destoy in my youth, but Metal Militia and Hit the Lights still my fave on that record.

I still think they have one great record left in them. Hetfield might be out of the loop at a little on metal thesedays but he's clearly still an (old) Metal fan..always holding out hopes for another classic before they kick the bucket...
SepticSchizo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched that the big 4 show on swedish tv. When metallica was came on, I was kind of hostile, I expected some new shit. But I ended up with goosebumbs, all over. It was like the 80`s again, Id never thougt they would do so much of theyre thrash era stuff, and so little of the new worthless crap.
Dalen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
I think the first five albums are all great

Their first six albums, actually. I totally dig "Load". There are some songs I ain't fond of (''Hero of the Day'', ''Until It Sleeps'' perhaps), but when it comes to the rest, damn this album is dirty. ''Ain't my Bitch'', ''2x4'', ''Bleeding Me'', etc, timeless tunes I seriously never get tired of.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SepticSchizo wrote:
I watched that the big 4 show on swedish tv. When metallica was came on, I was kind of hostile, I expected some new shit. But I ended up with goosebumbs, all over. It was like the 80`s again, Id never thougt they would do so much of theyre thrash era stuff, and so little of the new worthless crap.

Absolutely. It was great. I went mainly to see Slayer (who were ok), but Metallica killed. Seems like they've finally just accepted their past and stopped running away from it. Hetfield anyway. I really enjoyed Call of Ktulu.
NYSE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite band of all time
Philemon Siclone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Metallica was and is great. Today I don't even know what they're doing.
Son of Satan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them live some years back and it was a fucking miserable affair (i.e. having faggots trying to pick fights with me for wearing a denim vest and mongoloids standing up and quizzically asking everyone around them what song it was every time they played something old) just glad I didn't have to pay for the fucking tickets lol. This was before the "Big 4" resurgence so who knows maybe its gotten better since then!.

-Trade List-

Last edited by Son of Satan on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call of Ktulu in Gotheburg on sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4eKLf2H6RQ
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of Satan wrote:
I saw them live some years back and it was a fucking miserable affair (i.e. having faggots trying to pick fights with me for wearing a denim vest and mongoloids standing up and quizzically asking everyone around them what song it was every time they played something old) just glad I didn't have to pay for the fucking tickets lol. This was before the "Big 4" resurgence so who knows maybe its gotten better since then!.

That still is the "werid" side of Metallica shows for me. Maybe I'm suck in 1987, but when we were kids, listening to Metallica people were laughing at them (and us!) but the venue was filled with people who looked like my mother singing along to Fade to Black . Almost surreal Laughing
THE RIPPER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTL is in my top 5 easy. Also love Kill em all but find myself skipping MOP and JFA for the black album bar a few crap songs.
Son of Satan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
Son of Satan wrote:

That still is the "werid" side of Metallica shows for me. Maybe I'm suck in 1987, but when we were kids, listening to Metallica people were laughing at them (and us!) but the venue was filled with people who looked like my mother singing along to Fade to Black . Almost surreal Laughing

Here metallica is just about the only acceptable metal band for white trash and meat heads alike so you can be the judge as to what the crowd was like Rolling Eyes

-Trade List-
msp666

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First five albums are great. I probably listen to each about five times a month.

After that, well....
As my crushed bowels evacuate much to my dismay...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: