P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Metallica
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wraith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyhell666 wrote:
Because it was their first big marketing ploy. Afterwards, it was all downhill for these faggots. Fuck them.

Exactly. A similar tendency could be watched with Sepultura at the same time with all those remixes, live VHS and compilations they put out after Chaos AD/Roots. In the beginning, Max & co. were never tired to point out how hard their early days were in the slums of whatever Brazilian city, but especially Max Cavalera became the biggest egomanic rockstar asshole ever in the Thrash metal scene later.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever visited the Metallica forum and tried to engage in with the people there? It's like they're all part of a cult Laughing

I went there thinking I could find some good old pictures and maybe even some old shows for download, but nope. They all despise KEA and antyhing but Metallica is shit.

One thing that did always annoy me about Metallica was the lack of credit given to Dave Mustaine. The sound on the demos before him and after him were totally different as far as I can recall. Heavy Metal before, speed/thrash after him. Still, because daves been pissing and moaning and wallowing in bitterness for so long about that band, it's hard to have any real sympathy for him.

I agree about the SKOM doc. It was embarrassingly bad. Probably a Lars idea. I'd say 90% of what happens in metallica is down to him. The rest seem to be on his train.

still, the first few records are masterpieces and the show I just went to was excellent.
Philemon Siclone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However did they manage to gather such a following being the shitty band they are since 1991 or so.
Wraith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
I went there thinking I could find some good old pictures and maybe even some old shows for download, but nope. They all despise KEA and antyhing but Metallica is shit.

That doesn't surprise me. The typical Metallica fan of today has an office job, rides his motorcycle on sunny Sundays only (maybe he puts on his leather jacket for occasional rebell days), doesn't like other Heavy Metal at all and thinks the Black album was their debut.

The only other band were I witnessed a similar religious fandom was Böhse Onkelz, but at least this was only in Germany. They could have put out an Euro dance album and people would have still bought it.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, im pretty fucking shocked how good they sound right now in these vids, even though I still dont prefer his new vocal stylings over the older songs. I guess we cant have everything though....
klaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went there thinking I could find some good old pictures and maybe even some old shows for download, but nope.

What you need is this!
http://www.livemetallica.com/live-music/0,111/Metallica-mp3-flac-download-12-18-1983-Agora-Ballroom-Cleveland-OH.html
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klaw wrote:
I went there thinking I could find some good old pictures and maybe even some old shows for download, but nope.

What you need is this!
http://www.livemetallica.com/live-music/0,111/Metallica-mp3-flac-download-12-18-1983-Agora-Ballroom-Cleveland-OH.html

Thanks!! There's a good few shows there I have to download. Listening sorted for the next couple of days! Smile
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
damn, im pretty fucking shocked how good they sound right now in these vids, even though I still dont prefer his new vocal stylings over the older songs. I guess we cant have everything though....

That'd be my one gripe about the Gothenburg show...the new style of singing just doesn't suit those older songs. especially the ones from KEA. Still though, they were on top form that night. Even Kirk Hammett played his solos spot on.

Just browsing some old posts in that Metallica forum and saw that Ron McGovney sold a load of old Metallica stuff on ebay last year...must have cleaned up..wouldn't mind an old Raven tour shirt myself..
cochino

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyhell666 wrote:
Because it was their first big marketing ploy. Afterwards, it was all downhill for these faggots. Fuck them.

Pretty funny seeing people complaining about that in the NWN forum. I bet that if that box was from Törr and labeled "die hard" they would be drooling all over it.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Master of Puppets is the most boring, monotonous, meandering, circle jerk session ever put to tape. Some of those songs would be good if they were under 5 minutes...but no, they go on and on and on and on and on and on and on.......... Mad
dildo shop burglar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
In the beginning, Max & co. were never tired to point out how hard their early days were in the slums of whatever Brazilian city

Cavalera bros, sons of a model and a goddamn diplomat. I'm sure those were truly tough and hard times for the "jungle boys" in the sewery slums, aye.

OT: Metallica are still my favorite band of all time, even though they left me in a prolonged emotional crisis with the black record. Twenty years on, I still haven't heard it all the way through. Saw them in 2008 and it was really, really fucking good even though James can't (or won't) even approximate his old vocals. Oh well...

WOEFUL PEOPLE
      /| ________________
O|===|* >________________>
      \|
         W/ PALE FACES
Gompo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metallica were the first Metal band I liked - Ok so it was 'Enter Sandman' that introduced me to them but I was atleast young in 1991. I like most of what they've done apart from Load/Reload, and while Death Magnetic is a little better I actually prefer St Anger.

They're far from my favourite band though, I find most of their albums either feel too long or lose their way towards the end.

I'll be seeing them on Friday for the first time, at Sonisphere with the rest of the 'Big Four' for my Mum's 60th Birthday.
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
holyhell666 wrote:

Pretty funny seeing people complaining about that in the NWN forum. I bet that if that box was from Törr and labeled "die hard" they would be drooling all over it.

I think its only the very minority who feel that way. For myself it was their last good release.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that did always annoy me about Metallica was the lack of credit given to Dave Mustaine.

Dave Mustaine hasn't shut the fuck up about this for 30 fucking years......
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
One thing that did always annoy me about Metallica was the lack of credit given to Dave Mustaine.

Dave Mustaine hasn't shut the fuck up about this for 30 fucking years......

Yeah the self pity routine makes it difficult to have any sympathy for the guy...

as an aside, I was thinking, how long will it be before Metallica take Ghost out on tour with them? ..James had a Ghost shirt on in the interview on swedish television and said they wer a breath of fresh air for metal...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: