P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Metallica
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive looked at Metallica like that ex girlfriend who went on to date that dude you hated in school. Betrayal of the worst kind. Like many of you I thought Metallica was the best and could do no wrong. Ill even admit that the Black album was one of the albums that got me into metal along with Peristance of Time and Countdown To Extinction. I was 13 at the time and waited and waited for Load to come out. Ive been bitter ever since. Ive had hundreds of discussions with my friends about this same topic.

I dont even pay attention to the band at all, but for years I hoped that they would put out another thrasher that would be a middle finger to all the fame they got. I gave up on that around the time S and M came out. I havent even heard Death Magnetic or that other one. I saw a few minutes of Some Kind Of Monster and was shocked at how pathetic they have become.

It blows me away when I talk to fans that like Load and Reload. Some of these fans became fans, and that I understand. But there are other fans who came before those albums and I just dont get that. The band sucks hard now and there is no other way around it......to each his own I guess.

One things I do know is that if this band can still cause a debate like this, that is the true power to how great their music was. I mean they havent put out oa metal album in 20 fucking years !!! and we still are butt hurt about it. What other band has that kind of effect?
probert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im madly in anger w/ u

that metallica documentary some kind of monster is the most surrealistic, strange and unsettling movie i have ever seen.

and ive seen some shit.
Kapalika

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This band always bored me shitless, even in their "heydays".
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I struggle to play their stuff now, burnt out on them years ago as a young banger. I'm a fan of the 80's material though. Saw them at the Big Day Out in 2004 and they were three times better than i expected. Pleasing to see. Sounds like they are even better now, but i can't stomach Death Magnetic tracks at all. Looks like i should check out The Big Four DVD then.

Also what is a nice reissue/pressing of KEA on LP?
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
Dalen wrote:
Wraith wrote:
I think the first five albums are all great

Their first six albums, actually. I totally dig "Load".

Hell no, I completely buried this band when they released this crap here:

Why exactly?

Was a nice enough package.
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^

Yeah the Justice show was great in that box.
holyhell666

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunnportal wrote:
Wraith wrote:
Dalen wrote:
Wraith wrote:

Why exactly?

Because it was their first big marketing ploy. Afterwards, it was all downhill for these faggots. Fuck them.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameswolfe wrote:
It blows me away when I talk to fans that like Load and Reload. Some of these fans became fans, and that I understand. But there are other fans who came before those albums and I just dont get that. The band sucks hard now and there is no other way around it......to each his own I guess.

I will never forget starting college (we're talking 1998 here for context) and some dude on the first day was like "oh you must like metal I like metal too" and we got talking about Metallica - this dude loved Metallica, specifically Load/Reload/Black Album and had never even heard the first four. "Why would I listen to that old shit?" he asked.

This is why I am hesitant to identify to the great unwashed as a metal fan. When my co-workers ask me what I like I just say "Deep Purple".
Lutfor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
jameswolfe wrote:

I will never forget starting college (we're talking 1998 here for context) and some dude on the first day was like "oh you must like metal I like metal too" and we got talking about Metallica - this dude loved Metallica, specifically Load/Reload/Black Album and had never even heard the first four. "Why would I listen to that old shit?" he asked.

This is why I am hesitant to identify to the great unwashed as a metal fan. When my co-workers ask me what I like I just say "Deep Purple".

Man....I'm so sorry you had to suffer that conversation. It's hard not to start the verbal abuse in those situations.

Utter revulsion for what I've done.

You don't want the Butt Kraken!
Bring on the Krappen!

Slaughter wrote:
Why isn't Goatlord being mentioned? Is it too fast or something?
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will always like Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, and Kill em' All to some degree.

Justice for all always rubbed me the wrong way, was never appreacitive of that album too much. The black album has a couple interesting songs, all burnt out by bars and knot heads though through too many years of abuse.

So the first three albums will be appreaciated, everything else could vaporize into nothingness and I would say naught about it. Let time consume their memory until all thoughts of them fade away...
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
knot heads

Hahahahahaha.......
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutfor wrote:
Man....I'm so sorry you had to suffer that conversation. It's hard not to start the verbal abuse in those situations.

I'm pretty fucking open minded about music - I'll have a conversation about anything in a mature and realistic way with anyone and not be condescending becase I fucking love music, but it's this instance, and the time some dude who owned a used record store selling exclusively vinyl told me Black Sabbath weren't relevant to 70's rock that I turned into an completely elitist prick....... oh and apparently I was pretty (completely) drunk last year at a bar and a guy was making fun of Yes and I threatened to fight him........ But I don't actually remember that taking place (hence being drunk)........ however Yes are fucking awesome and I hope it actually happened......... this is why I'm not allowed to drink G&T's in bars.......

Oh and I have a friend with horrible music taste in music (Daft Punk, Oasis, etc) who was referencing how much Deep Purple sucked and I threatened to slit his throat, but that's cool, we're old friends.......
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyhell666 wrote:
Sunnportal wrote:
Wraith wrote:
Dalen wrote:
Wraith wrote:

Why exactly?

Because it was their first big marketing ploy. Afterwards, it was all downhill for these faggots. Fuck them.

So everybody who puts out a compilation is a big marketing ploy faggot?

When was this released? Early 90's yeah? They had already put out a Mtv friendly video clip and a doco by then i think.

I remember it being quite good. Easily one of the better things anybody can buy with the Metallica logo on.
holyhell666

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy Osbourne took Metallica on tour with him at a time when Metallica was relatively unknown and had never released any videos. That took a lot of balls on Ozzy's part, especially considering the fact that fans were going nuts over Metallica. How did Metallica return the favor to the thrash metal genre they were so proud of? Did they take any lesser known thrash or death metal bands on tour with them? Hell no! They toured with bands such as Guns N Roses and Queensryche.

Once Metallica changed their musical direction, they became more accessible to radio airplay and MTV. They gained more attention and became a household name. Their older fans and earlier albums became a footnote. Then, Metallica decided they'd try to please their older fans by playing the "classics." They constantly keep trying to please their entire fanbase by pulling out the "classics" as well as by playing their gay shit. In this way everyone will be happy and continue to support the corporation known as Metallica. They are the epitome of "SELL OUT."
Wraith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyhell666 wrote:
Ozzy Osbourne took Metallica on tour with him at a time when Metallica was relatively unknown and had never released any videos. That took a lot of balls on Ozzy's part, especially considering the fact that fans were going nuts over Metallica. How did Metallica return the favor to the thrash metal genre they were so proud of? Did they take any lesser known thrash or death metal bands on tour with them? Hell no! They toured with bands such as Guns N Roses and Queensryche.

Exactly. There are a lot of other examples how Metallica behaved totally egoistic and made use of people who supported them, like they treated Ron McGovney or Jon Zazula. There's even that rumour that they stole the amp preferences of Trouble after a gig because they sounded much better.

BTW: That collaberation with that symphonic orchestra was horrible too.

BTW II: Let's not forget that Napster craze.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: