P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Kvlting in Sibiu (Hermannstadt) and Brasov

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karlskrone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Kvlting in Sibiu (Hermannstadt) and Brasov Reply with quote

I'll be in Romania during July and I'm not really sure what to do there, except for Castle Bran (worth it?) and maybe some hiking in the countryside.
I'm interested in (used or not) record/CD stores, restaurants with Romanian cuisine, maybe a concert.

Have any of you ever been there? How was it?

Thanks for your recommendations, cheers!
roeder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't advise you on the record stores, but you should definitely check out the Bâlea Lake. The road up there is kinda halfway between Sibiu and Brasov, and the view from there is amazing.
Also buy some local cheese if you have the chance.
STRANGUL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the chance go further west to Hunedoara Castle in Eisenmarkt.
Great castle right in a shitty rundown industrial town, some over-the-top gypsy palaces there, too. Be careful when you take photos of those palaces...

A bit further north is Deva Castle, not as spectacular from the outside, but a great view from the top.

Went to a record store in Cluj-Napoca, but selection metal-wise was meh, also probably too far away.
STRANGUL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Bran castle: very touristy of course, but still worth it IMHO

Also nice:
the city of Alba Iulia (the citadel/fortifications are impressive and huge, albeit very cleaned-up)

When in Sibiu, check out the restaurant Hermania (kind of tacky, but great "authentic" german/transsyvalnian cuisine, try to get a seat on the gallery.

I don't know if you plan to travel by car, if so, expect to be overtaken in the most dangerous curves with leisurely speed. Lots of little wooden crosses by the roadside everywhere speak volumes about the driving there… Romania best mania
Infester

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not exactly the best place to go Heavy Metal hunting or any kind of record hunting. better to just enjoy the landscapes and the food / drinks.

In Brasov

you can checkout The Black Church - in some days there is a concert played on a huge organ inside

the Râșnov citadel is also cool

there was also this killer WW1 museum in the city center last time I was there (6 months ago) but I don't know whether that was a temporary expo or not

also went to Ceasu' Rău Restaurant, you might go there and stuff yourself with local cuisine

I highly recommend that you include a visit to Sighişoara. one of my favorite places to visit in the area. look it up

and I personally find Bran Castle to be lame touristy shit and not impressive at all. there are better castles to see. like Peleș castle in Sinaia for example

regarding concerts in July.
the only interesting one I can think of is MDC playing in Bucharest on 18th of July ( https://www.facebook.com/events/1885417088167184 )

Enjoy your trip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: