P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Who Stores Their Collection in a Basement?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Who Stores Their Collection in a Basement? Reply with quote

I'm forced to have to move my collection into a basement that has a history of floods, the last which caused a mold problem which has been taken care of so it seems...

Does anyone else store their shit in a basement? I want to build shelfs so they're at least 2 feet off the ground. I got a dehumidifier and all that shit.
Evil_Invader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do. There was never any flood there thought (for what I know). I use a dehumidifier as well and the vynils are far from the ground. I think it is ok.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

send them over
monsterSquad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! i was going to say i have some room on my shelves here for those records Wink
metalmaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooner or later the moist will destroy that collection, Why dont donate it to the members of this forum?
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put your records in your bedroom and sleep in your basement.If it floods you will be the first to know and records will be safe.
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gravesnatcher wrote:
Put your records in your bedroom and sleep in your basement.If it floods you will be the first to know and records will be safe.

Hahaha!!
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Stores Their Collection in a Basement? Reply with quote

no one that I know that cares about their collection does.

Endless Morbidity wrote:

Does anyone else store their shit in a basement? I want to build shelfs so they're at least 2 feet off the ground. I got a dehumidifier and all that shit.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moisture in the air could make your jackets wavy at the least. It's probably not the best idea especially on the east coast.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Blood Of Von

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep all of my vinyl in those expensive fully sealed/lockable DJ vinyl flight cases, maybe get some of them? I get close to 100 in each one, obviously the DLP's take up more room.

Pazuzu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gravesnatcher wrote:

That's fucking hilarious, ha ha ha!
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yes, that might come to be. I'd much rather wake up in a pool of stagnant water than have my records suffer the same fate.

Anyway, I've been down there past few weeks replacing bad sheet rock and painting, so it's really not too bad. My biggest fear is mold and mildew, but with a dehumidifier and keeping shit clean, I don't think it would be a problem.

I still might find a better place to keep them.

A basement is the worst enemy to a record collection. I've passed up some pretty rare LP's in the past for dirt cheap due to the fact they were contaminated with mold.

I remember finding "Seven Churches" with the embossed logo for $1.00. I figured I'd just air it out and stick a fabric softener sheet in it (works for mild stink). When I was in the car, I reach in to pull the LP out and had black mold on my hand. I threw it out the window......I really hate that shit.
Karan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no matter how good you treat the things, time will consume them...unless you put them in a special room, sealed with some inert gas or something...and you will not be able to touch them, a lot less play them, so... Rolling Eyes Razz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Of Von wrote:
I keep all of my vinyl in those expensive fully sealed/lockable DJ vinyl flight cases, maybe get some of them? I get close to 100 in each one, obviously the DLP's take up more room.

been looking at those, how are they for keeping things cool during the summer heat though? summers can get pretty hot down here.
Blood Of Von

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decimator wrote:
Blood Of Von wrote:

been looking at those, how are they for keeping things cool during the summer heat though? summers can get pretty hot down here.

I've been using them for a few years now and they have been brilliant. They keep nice and cool as well. They survived Queensland summers, which are far hotter than here in Victoria. Well worth getting mate ! You won't regret it !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: