P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Incantation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Incantation Reply with quote

Most likely this is a good place to ask.. Were the first 4 Incantation studio albums released on vinyl?, and if so how many of these were printed?
peterott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Onward To Golgotha was released on vinyl. Relapse didn't release much vinyl after 1992, and Incantation weren't considered too important (that's why they had to step down to the Underground Series).

Elegy Rec. didn't press vinyl at that time, so I think Diabolical Conquest is the next vinyl release of Incantation and only on Picture-LP if I am not mistaken. Or was it The Infernal Storm ? I don't like to buy Pic LPs at all, so I can't say for sure.
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Only Onward To Golgotha was released on vinyl. Relapse didn't release much vinyl after 1992, and Incantation weren't considered too important (that's why they had to step down to the Underground Series).

Elegy Rec. didn't press vinyl at that time, so I think Diabolical Conquest is the next vinyl release of Incantation and only on Picture-LP if I am not mistaken. Or was it The Infernal Storm ? I don't like to buy Pic LPs at all, so I can't say for sure.

Thanks man, you just saved me a lot of useless searching for these. Somebody should seriously try to get these released on wax.
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yosuke ? Wink
monsterSquad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was definitely thinking the same thing but i imagine it'd be hell obtaining the rights from relapse. I think NWN! could make an amazing boxset
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ahead of you guys. I've asked multiple times to get a license deal for Mortal Throne of Nazarene but Relapse doesn't answer me. John said he was cool with it.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

bmdk666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Blasphemy ever released on an LP?
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Relapse wants the option to release the vinyl themselves when they see the demand for it..just like the recent re-issue of Onwards...on CD with a DVD bonus.

Maybe you can get John to help negotiate with Relapse? Perhaps one person might be able to help out. Yosuke, get in touch with Ula Gehret of Clandestine Music (ula@clandestinemusic.com). He was in charge of Licensing matters with Century media prior to coming out on his own and he has personal contacts with the guys in Relapse. I believe he can help put you through directly to the relevant people at Relapse.
Ichor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
I think Diabolical Conquest is the next vinyl release of Incantation and only on Picture-LP if I am not mistaken. Or was it The Infernal Storm ? I don't like to buy Pic LPs at all, so I can't say for sure.

I haven't seen "Diabolical Conquest" on PicLP, but "The Infernal Storm" has for sure been released on PicLP format.
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross Liew wrote:
I believe Relapse wants the option to release the vinyl themselves when they see the demand for it..just like the recent re-issue of Onwards...on CD with a DVD bonus.

Maybe you can get John to help negotiate with Relapse? Perhaps one person might be able to help out. Yosuke, get in touch with Ula Gehret of Clandestine Music (ula@clandestinemusic.com). He was in charge of Licensing matters with Century media prior to coming out on his own and he has personal contacts with the guys in Relapse. I believe he can help put you through directly to the relevant people at Relapse.

Let us hope that Relapse never do the vinyls on these classics. Relapse vinyl suck way beyond comprehention these days. A perfect example would be the latest High on Fire. Whoever approved the mastering there should have been taken outside and dismembered. Not to mention their all too often useless packaging. Evil or Very Mad
throneofmight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started mail-ordering with Relapse...good memories...their current problem is the incredibly poor band rooster they have...they even lost SUFFOCATION I think!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross Liew wrote:
Yosuke ? Wink

Maybe don't make a NWN as a re-relase-only-label
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
peterott

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichor wrote:
peterott wrote:
I think Diabolical Conquest is the next vinyl release of Incantation and only on Picture-LP if I am not mistaken. Or was it The Infernal Storm ? I don't like to buy Pic LPs at all, so I can't say for sure.

I haven't seen "Diabolical Conquest" on PicLP, but "The Infernal Storm" has for sure been released on PicLP format.

checked old lists and yes: The Infernal Storm is the only one appearing after the debut.

@bmdk666: nope, Blasphemy wasn't released in any vinyl format. Was really hard to get this CD in Europe as Necropolis was already on the way towards the end.
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
Ross Liew wrote:
Yosuke ? Wink

Maybe don't make a NWN as a re-relase-only-label

If you have checked the latest releases you know very well how far from the truth that is.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@bmdk666: nope, Blasphemy wasn't released in any vinyl format. Was really hard to get this CD in Europe as Necropolis was already on the way towards the end.

I come across this CD in the used bin from time to time. I just got one for myself to upgrade my copy. Who still needs it? It's a great album btw.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: