P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Death Yell, Goatlord, Bone Awl LPs out now!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&;ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230112108905&rd=1&rd=1
$157
Destructive_Hate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am very glad i bought the die hard version when it was released i couldn't pay that price. Although i am contemplating paying the rediculous price for the Not for Our Feet box set that is on ebay right now, maybe i will go behind on my cable bill to pick it up Razz
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how anyone could even fathom paying nearly $160.00 on a piece of music. I mean, doesn't this pretty much nail down the fact that people who are paying these prices nowadays are more interested in being a collector and flaunting the fact that they own these items on the internet rather than just wanting to hear the music? Seriously, what personal satisfaction do you receive in owning this shit? You have an original copy of something, so fucking what? With so many reissues coming out now, why not just save some money and be satisfied with having the music? Fuck your ego.

The most I ever paid for a single piece of music was $30.00 for a Slayer LP back at a record show once. I know, fucking crazy isn't it? This first press/die-hard/picture LP/collector/hand-numbered shit is getting out of hand. People need to go back to dubbing tapes and getting into the music instead of being collector scum who leach off jews on eBay. In the end, you just end up looking like an idiot.

Bone Awl is nothing special, either. It blows my mind how they've become the trendiest thing on the internet in just the course of a few months. The thing is, if the "kvlt collectable" status wasn't involved and their shit was readily available in any given distro, no one would pay any attention to them and they undoubtedly wouldn't have attained the buzz band of the week label that I'm sure they adore now. I remember when Yosuke had that picture disc in the distro. No doubt he didn't have that many copies, yet the fucker sat there for about a week before it was gone.

Fucking music trends...
markos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" who leach off jews on eBay."

huh?

thrashbeast wrote:
I don't see how anyone could even fathom paying nearly $160.00 on a piece of music. I mean, doesn't this pretty much nail down the fact that people who are paying these prices nowadays are more interested in being a collector and flaunting the fact that they own these items on the internet rather than just wanting to hear the music? Seriously, what personal satisfaction do you receive in owning this shit? You have an original copy of something, so fucking what? With so many reissues coming out now, why not just save some money and be satisfied with having the music? Fuck your ego.

The most I ever paid for a single piece of music was $30.00 for a Slayer LP back at a record show once. I know, fucking crazy isn't it? This first press/die-hard/picture LP/collector/hand-numbered shit is getting out of hand. People need to go back to dubbing tapes and getting into the music instead of being collector scum who leach off jews on eBay. In the end, you just end up looking like an idiot.

Bone Awl is nothing special, either. It blows my mind how they've become the trendiest thing on the internet in just the course of a few months. The thing is, if the "kvlt collectable" status wasn't involved and their shit was readily available in any given distro, no one would pay any attention to them and they undoubtedly wouldn't have attained the buzz band of the week label that I'm sure they adore now. I remember when Yosuke had that picture disc in the distro. No doubt he didn't have that many copies, yet the fucker sat there for about a week before it was gone.

Fucking music trends...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't you get the email update from ebay?
only jews are now allowed to register and bid on items.
you know, because they are the only ones with the money and the power in this world.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about sellers who drain the limited edition items from distros and put them up on eBay for insane amounts. And people fucking pay them! I don't know who fucking bothers me the most. I mean, on one hand you have the people who put really high BIN prices on these items, which again, makes them a fucking jew just looking for a quick investment oppurtunity. Then you have the morons that actually fork at the cash to these people and keep driving prices up.

Somewhere along the way, this shit went totally wrong. Being metal wasn't about having to be rich to afford certain releases just so you could proclaim you owned them on the internet and show off to some recluse on a messageboard whose never even been to a metal show before. I mean, let's face it, it's not even acceptable to own a CD anymore. Back when I was heaviest into buying stuff (late nineties) vinyl was nowhere to be seen. There were no die-hard editions of anything. If someone put out something, they put out one edition of it and no one was paying upwards of $200.00 for an extra special copy that included a bag to hold it in on eBay.

Maybe it's because metal is more mainstream nowadays and the tr00 fans need something to distinguish themselves from everyone else whose into it (i.e. buying vinyl). I don't really fucking care. It just seems like all of these people into this shit now either forgot how things used to be or were never apart of those things to begin with.

Maybe I'm just a bitter old fucking asshole that can't identify with hardly any of this music anymore and am so poor I wouldn't even be able to buy this shit even if I did like it. Yeah, that's probably it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you answered your own question in the 3rd paragraph.
the people who are paying these insane prices are people who are not metalheads and/or those who just got into metal recently and only know a few hyped up bands.

the worst is this guy who posts on the vlv message board (it might be the same guy who just sold this Bone Awl Die Hard version) - he boasts about how he doesn't work a job, just whenever a limited release by a hyped band comes out, he buys 10 copies and then sells them off on ebay. he claimed to have bought 10 bone awl die-hard versions only to sell.

(I could go on longer and more in depth about how this sort of happening is just a microcosm of larger society - where in society our identities are now solely based on what we consume)
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not this tired topic again... Who the fuck cares if some jackass wants to pay that much for a record that's readily available in every store and distro. I pressed 1000 copies of that LP and I have another 1000 coming. I'm also repressing the 7" so anyone who missed out on the die hard version can get the music.

Don't get their "fans" mixed up with their music. Bone Awl makes good music to my ears and that's all that matters in the end.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe it's because metal is more mainstream nowadays and the tr00 fans need something to distinguish themselves from everyone else whose into it (i.e. buying vinyl). I don't really fucking care. It just seems like all of these people into this shit now either forgot how things used to be or were never apart of those things to begin with.

Maybe I'm just a bitter old fucking asshole that can't identify with hardly any of this music anymore and am so poor I wouldn't even be able to buy this shit even if I did like it. Yeah, that's probably it.

Welcome to the internet age.

I also remember ordering from paper catalogs and listing 10 alternates. Thanks Jebus those days are over!!

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

thrashbeast

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep my mouth shut about this shit here from now on. I just couldn't resist after seeing that fucking auction page. Shit blows my mind.

Yosuke, again no disrepect. You do what you gotta do. At least I know you are keeping this all real and putting the bucks back into the music you put out. Despite all of my bitching, I really appreciate some of the albums you've made widely available again. Also, any word on when you might get that Witches Hammer tape in again? Was gonna by a copy from dude here and he said the fucker solf for like 60 dollars on eBay recently. 60 bucks! For a fucking tape. I just really crave to hear Canadian Speed Metal. I have all their other shit, but haven't been able to pick this up for a decent price. I would even go as far and download it if I wasn't on dial-up.

Kyle, I see what you mean dude. All I have to say is that I hope you keep on putting out awesome tapes. I can't afford stuff like I used to and I love being able to pick up some good music for really cheap. Keep the other good tapes stocked too. I'll be doing another order with you next payday.

And to all you eBay addicts and collectors, never buy a fucking house or you'll wind up in the same situation as I'm in. Fucking sucks.

I'll fuck myself out of this thread now...
duff138

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Not this tired topic again... Who the fuck cares if some jackass wants to pay that much for a record that's readily available in every store and distro. I pressed 1000 copies of that LP and I have another 1000 coming. I'm also repressing the 7" so anyone who missed out on the die hard version can get the music.

Don't get their "fans" mixed up with their music. Bone Awl makes good music to my ears and that's all that matters in the end.

"Don't get their "fans" mixed up with their music."

Exactly. I bought this release, just like I buy most everything else from NWN! I'll usually not buy the die-hard version if it just has a patch and is on colorer vinyl. If it includes extra music though I'll buy it.
NWN! is repressing the 7". Which means people are paying $140 for the cloth bag these records come in!
I have 2 kids and a wife not working for a year to raise our new born. Not kvlt, I know. I have a family and I work, unlike you true fans.
All this money will end up blown online in a week or 2, so am I not supporting the underground Laughing
No one bought my Thralldom vinyl, so at least the Profoundlore forum will not be claiming I'm a Jew, or wait it's the buyers that are Jews now. I'm confused.

Hell I was psyched when someone bought my Bone Awl/Furdidurke split for $20! I had paid $20 total for all the other Bone Awl tapes I own!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle wrote:
I think you answered your own question in the 3rd paragraph.
the people who are paying these insane prices are people who are not metalheads and/or those who just got into metal recently and only know a few hyped up bands.

the worst is this guy who posts on the vlv message board (it might be the same guy who just sold this Bone Awl Die Hard version) - he boasts about how he doesn't work a job, just whenever a limited release by a hyped band comes out, he buys 10 copies and then sells them off on ebay. he claimed to have bought 10 bone awl die-hard versions only to sell.

(I could go on longer and more in depth about how this sort of happening is just a microcosm of larger society - where in society our identities are now solely based on what we consume)

this fucking jerk's name is jc.

he is a pompous ass. he likes to show off and let everyone know that he has 10 of this and ten of that......

a fucking egay reseller of the worst kind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: