P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

HHB's new DHL service will save the day (for Europeans)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: HHB's new DHL service will save the day (for Europeans) Reply with quote

I dunno 'bout you but since last January and the absurd shipping increase with USPS I haven't been ordering from the US.
Rather waiting for Iron Bonehead to get US stuff....

Too bad since the $$$ is rather low: $1,35 for 1

Making some LPs very cheap for us, but the shipping cost was killing it: $20 for shipping 1 LP... More often than not shipping being more expensive than the LP itself.

Sucks when considering these for instance:
SET LP -> $16,66 (12,5!!) @ HHB resulting in 18 ($24,4!!) @ IB
GRAVE UPHEAVAL DLP -> $25 (18,4!!) @ HHB resulting in 23 ($31!!) @ IB

Even thus it was cheaper to order from IB.

But there are also some exclusive stuffs that not even IB (bless Patrick) can have such as that killer CdG hoodie...

But then I saw that on HHB website: DHL.
Shipping for 1 DLP: $12
For 1 hoodie: $11
For 2 LPs: $14!
Halleluja! CHEAP!

Strangely enough the prices go way up when you order more stuffs so that you'd rather calculate well before placing big orders
(2 LPs + hoodie= $42 shipping aaargh whereas shipping 2LPs is $14 and shipping separately 1 hoodie is $11 so do the maths...)

All in all: Euro folks there's now hope. You can order from HHB and shipping is from now on REASONABLE.
Ordering SET LP and GU DLP cost me 41E including shipping. Fucking fair if you ask me

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Eivittu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noob question and I probably get laughed at because of this but what is HHB? I'm intrigued... but confused! Laughing
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eivittu wrote:
Noob question and I probably get laughed at because of this but what is HHB? I'm intrigued... but confused! Laughing

Hell's Headbangers is my guess.
Eivittu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man! Cool
Roy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfff. Postage is still absurd. Not just from the USA but also inside europe.
But because of the euro-dollar rate it is still interesting ordering overseas. And especially from Hells Headbangers. One of the best mailorders on this planet. Unfortunately the bloody customs nail their packages EVERY time,so i have to pay import taxation to the postman when he rings. Last time 20 Teuro. Grrr.

There isn't much choice though. HH's has all the goods most of the time. Or i need to order through 3-4 different european mailorders to get the same stuff together.

Also. Why can americans sell cd's for 10 to 12 dollars and here in Europe you get to pay 12-14 Euro or even more!?
frysh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good. i quick checked 5 gatefold lp postage cost. it nearly cost the same to my territory with a pack sent from germany. a bit cheaper indeed but i think this is without tracking ?
did an order few weeks ago through "the end", paid 18 $ postage for 3 Gatefold LP which's a very good price (USPS GM Parcel Priority). no idea how did they quote me that shipping rate.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought Osmose offered a good shipping option... well, if you only order 4 DLP's anyways.
Not exactly great if looking for a single item or simply cd's or anything, but pretty decent if you only want records and they happen to be DLP's Laughing

HHR is a great place with the cheapest shipping options for me too. For me customs has never opened and the parcel arrives within a two week time frame, and they package exceptionally well nevermind they have the largest selection and more or less get everything there one could ever possibly want... more or less Wink

I think it would be awesome if NWN offered a similar shipping option, without tracking or registering to at least individuals that have never gave him grief. HHR does tend to get more of my money these days due to the shipping option.
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osmose is great for shipping, not for choice. You never know what they'll have or worse, when.
Sometimes you see they've received releases from Iron Bonehead, Blood Harvest or even NWN, but they often have SOME of their releases and the one you wanted isnt part of that trade deal...

And they have stuff late. Way after most distros.

HHB/HHR have too many "mainstream" stuffs, it's a real business, but I prefer IB who has a great selection of obscure demo tapes rather than the 8th reissue of Burzum or Darkthrone Wink

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
OD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
I think it would be awesome if NWN offered a similar shipping option, without tracking or registering to at least individuals that have never gave him grief. HHR does tend to get more of my money these days due to the shipping option.

It would be also good that NWN offers shipping without cases for CDs.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I will have to look into this - even for Canadians 1 LP is $17+ and typically two or more records is $25 or more, then at 4 lbs you hit $40+

I wish Profound Lore had more selection, I ordered the Grave Miasma 2xLP for $30, shipping included, and it arrived the very next day. Twisted Evil
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
Hmm, I will have to look into this - even for Canadians 1 LP is $17+ and typically two or more records is $25 or more, then at 4 lbs you hit $40+

I wish Profound Lore had more selection, I ordered the Grave Miasma 2xLP for $30, shipping included, and it arrived the very next day. Twisted Evil

You and PFL are literally within a stones throw of each other though. If I were to order a DLP from PFL I would be paying $17 or something to have it shipped to me. Laughing

HHR is the best option where shipping costs are concerned. If HHR does not aquire the item, it is starting to look like neither will I. Wink
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the deal with customs and taxes on packages from outside the EU, but especially from the US? I'v been caught out on this more times than I can count in the last 12 months. Seems far more "random" that it used be since I'm not the only one with this problem. The cheaper postage might mean nothing in the end!
Ethylic Overkill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: HHB's new DHL service will save the day (for Europeans) Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:

All in all: Euro folks there's now hope. You can order from HHB and shipping is from now on REASONABLE.

I guess that the "price" to pay for these reduced shipping fees is the delay : I ordered 2 LPs (for 9$ postage) near 1 month ago, still nothing in the mail box. Versus 7-10 days before with the other option (20-25$ postage).
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
holy ghost wrote:

You and PFL are literally within a stones throw of each other though. If I were to order a DLP from PFL I would be paying $17 or something to have it shipped to me. Laughing

It's true. I moved from downtown to the east end this summer and I noticed it took about 4-6 hours longer to arrive then when I was downtown.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
holy ghost wrote:

It's true. I moved from downtown to the east end this summer and I noticed it took about 4-6 hours longer to arrive then when I was downtown.

I need Serpents Head Reprisal to Hells Head Banger himself, cause he actually hand delivers Laughing
That would be my ultimate distro at that point Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: