P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Lets talk turntables.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloughfegkillers wrote:
Pardon my ignorance but my brush arrived and I have some distilled water here, is it ok to just dunk the brush in the water and just give them a good old scrubbing?

You're not going to hurt it using distilled water on it. I don't dunk it in solution/water, I spray it on the pad with a squirt bottle though. The water should get some stuff up out of the grooves, but you'll have better results with some kind of solution to break up the grime a bit. You can google and find plenty of recipes for homemade record cleaning solution if you don't want to order some. Personally, instead of holding and scrubbing I find the best way to use it is to wet the pad, then get the record spinning on the table and start with the brush tilted forward against the direction the record spins and then slowly tilt until flat and then lift off front to back... that seems to lift the most stuff off the record without leaving a "line" of dirt and dust at the end point. But that's just me, proceed with whatever give you results.
sloughfegkillers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Thanks mate, much appreciated!
Jorm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Yep. Glad to hear your happy with it for what it is.

Thanks to you !
Tyranor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is selling his turntable.

It's a original Pro-ject debut III with following upgrades

- Acryl-it platter
- Ortofon 2m Blue stylus and 2m red cart with around 50 hours play time.
- Pro-ject speed box.

As I'm in the process of looking for a better turntable, could it be a valuable option? I was thinking about Technics 1210 but maybe it's a good alternative?

Any feedback or opinion about this turntable will be much appreciated.

Thanks
funeral-records

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyranor wrote:
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is selling his turntable.

It's a original Pro-ject debut III with following upgrades

- Acryl-it platter
- Ortofon 2m Blue stylus and 2m red cart with around 50 hours play time.
- Pro-ject speed box.

As I'm in the process of looking for a better turntable, could it be a valuable option? I was thinking about Technics 1210 but maybe it's a good alternative?

Any feedback or opinion about this turntable will be much appreciated.

Thanks

I have one of those with all of those upgrades, great turntable. Just make sure you have a decent receiver and speakers that are better than just basic bookshelf speakers. Otherwise it's a waste of money really.
sell/tradelist: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1299166#1299166
Tyranor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funeral-records wrote:

I have one of those with all of those upgrades, great turntable. Just make sure you have a decent receiver and speakers that are better than just basic bookshelf speakers. Otherwise it's a waste of money really.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah I got a good speakers, just need to buy a good receiver.
funeral-records

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyranor wrote:
funeral-records wrote:

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah I got a good speakers, just need to buy a good receiver.

It also wouldn't hurt to print off a cartridge alignment protractor and double check to see if the cartridge was aligned properly. Can make a huge difference..
sell/tradelist: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1299166#1299166
Tyranor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any feedback on Rega P3 Turntable with Elys 2 cartridge?

Pretty much all reviews I read online are 5 stars.
Roy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new recordplayer,or turntable as you must call it in this day and age.
Pro-ject x-tension 9. First i wanted a transrotor Zet 1 but the last few months i came to like the more classic look a lot more. Especially a wooden looking design. Also opted for the Clearaudio Concept or Performance but they look a bit too cheap for the price. Same goes for the upper range Rega tables. I know it might be shallow to go too much by looks but what the heck. There are so many great looking turntables....unfortunately the price goes up with the cool factor just as hard.

[img]

[/img]

[img][/img]
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy, that system looks beautiful dude. Very very nice.
Roy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Roy, that system looks beautiful dude. Very very nice.

Thanks! Iím gonna keep it like this for as long as it runs now. Changed systems enough over the last 25 years. If you have upgrade virus itís not healthy for your wallet. Haha.

A quick question for everyone. Do you guys stop the player when you turn,or switch,the record? Sometimes i read that the table is supposed to keep spinning the entire time but iím not sure i want to do that. Taking the vinyl off wonít be that much of a problem but putting a record on a spinning table doesnít seem that healthy to me,there will alway be friction for a second when you press it down,or you stall the motor for a second or 2. Till now iíve always turned it off when flipping the sides.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same equipment now for ...say 20 years (holy fuck) ...had to have some technician fix a computer chip type thing or a module a couple times, other than that its been my sweetheart for that long... longest relationship Demoniarch has ever had Laughing

Its outlasted women, vehicles ...yea, had that system for quite awhile apparently.
Nuance baby grand 3D speaker towers with the subwoofer in each, and just some technics turntable and a Pioneer Elite amp... always been a pretty decent system.

I let the turntable stop before lifting a record off (its mechanically designed that way actually) ...then flip. (Unless of course discogs reports that record is worth $1000 or something then I snatch it off quickly and claim it unplayed)
sloughfegkillers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
sloughfegkillers wrote:
Pardon my ignorance but my brush arrived and I have some distilled water here, is it ok to just dunk the brush in the water and just give them a good old scrubbing?

You're not going to hurt it using distilled water on it. I don't dunk it in solution/water, I spray it on the pad with a squirt bottle though. The water should get some stuff up out of the grooves, but you'll have better results with some kind of solution to break up the grime a bit. You can google and find plenty of recipes for homemade record cleaning solution if you don't want to order some. Personally, instead of holding and scrubbing I find the best way to use it is to wet the pad, then get the record spinning on the table and start with the brush tilted forward against the direction the record spins and then slowly tilt until flat and then lift off front to back... that seems to lift the most stuff off the record without leaving a "line" of dirt and dust at the end point. But that's just me, proceed with whatever give you results.

Thanks for this advise, really has breathed new life into lps that I thought were well and truly fucked!
Humus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy wrote:
My new recordplayer,or turntable as you must call it in this day and age.
Pro-ject x-tension 9. First i wanted a transrotor Zet 1 but the last few months i came to like the more classic look a lot more. Especially a wooden looking design. Also opted for the Clearaudio Concept or Performance but they look a bit too cheap for the price.

I have a Clearaudio Performance SE and it's a great turntable. I do think my needle is up for a change as I seem to have more 'hiss' on mid-range 's' sounds then I'd want. New needle is the same budget as 2-3 months of record buying though...
What I don't really like is the seperate motor. It's not attached to the plint for audio-quality reasons, but I just prefer my turntable to be in one piece.

Moved away from Pro-ject when my Debut III motor caved in after only 5 years of use.

A while ago I bought a Rega P1 as a second record player for the living room. It's hooked on a Rega mini phono-amp, than run through the aux entry of a Sony all-in-one minisystem from 10 years ago. You'd think sound would suck right? At least that's what I expected. In reality though, this set-up sounds real sweet. Not like my main set-up, but that one is 5 times more expensive. Now I'm curious about the Rega P9...
sloughfegkillers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Rega planar 3 run through a rega elicit- r amp through Rega rs5 speakers and I can verify that it sounds fucking good Very Happy
Love the Rega philosophy, minimalist looking with all the goodness put into what matters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 81 of 83

Jump to: