P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Your favourite production
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
axebix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Your favourite production Reply with quote

First I was gonna put it as "Favourite drum sound", but what the hell.
Alright, so, interested to hear about your favourite production jobs.
I really like cold metallic sound on Kreator - Pleasure to Kill, Sepultura - Schizophrenia (fucking hail rototom), Amebix - Arise! or Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death. Easily my favourite sound for that kind of music.
Venom - Black Metal and Discharge - HNSNSN, that chorus infected guitar sound is fucking mean.
I would also have to mention classic 70s production of heavy bands. You really can't go wrong with that. Sabbath, UFO, Motorhead, Atomic Rooster, Priest...
Sinistrogyre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burzum - Filosofem
Anthrax - Stomp 442

Both are perfect.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triune Impurity Rites
thetruekvasirsblood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul. 'Cuz who needs cymbals?

Hypgnosis Records & Distro | Nokturne CDs added (4/17/2017)
Instinct

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinistrogyre wrote:
Burzum - Filosofem
Very Little Fun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetruekvasirsblood wrote:
Probably Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul. 'Cuz who needs cymbals?

This United Aryan Evil, Carpathian Wolves and ALL Wold & Bone Awl

Shut up jew.
criminal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell (1980) - that organic union of heavy metal sound with beautiful keyboard lines! Just gorgeous and ahead of its time.

Slayer - South of Heaven (1988)/Seasons in the Abyss (1990) - different production teams, but in both cases - what a crazy attack, what a drums!

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988) - a weirdly soft, but charming and unique.
CGB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if there's an actual term for it but I really like muddy, hazy walls of sound as heard on albums by Darkspace, Weakling, maybe Arizmenda. The kind where it takes many listens before you really begin to appreciate the song structures and hear riffs you never noticed before.
Nightvvolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOOL-Undertow I know here that name is frowned upon but the album is flawless. Killer production from drum sound to guitar/bass tone. There is air and space to breathe and yet everything is loud and heard clearly. I know it's blasphemy but sometimes I wonder what some bestial or ultra raw bands would sound like with serious production.

Actually the thought goes both ways. I bet the bands not liked because their ultra clean and modern sound would get praise if they dirtied up and went Nyog style. Truly only Nyogthaeblisz sound like Nyogthaeblisz though.

Last edited by Nightvvolf on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
vomitfarm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightvvolf wrote:
TOOL-Undertow I know here that name is frowned upon but the album is flawless. Killer production from drum sound to guitar/bass tone. There is air and space to breathe and yet everything is loud and heard clearly. I know it's blasphemy but sometimes I wonder what some bestial or ultra raw bands would sound like with serious production.

Actually the thought goes both ways. I bet the bands not liked because their ultra clean and modern sound would get praise if they dirtied up and went Nyog style.
I agree with every word man.
Very Little Fun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightvvolf wrote:

Actually the thought goes both ways. I bet the bands not liked because their ultra clean and modern sound would get praise if they dirtied up and went Nyog style. Truly only Nyogthaeblisz sound like Nyogthaeblisz though.

When Undertow came out I didnt think anything (rock wise) would ever top it. Still tough. The bass and drums alone are so fucking unique. I spent much of my teens searching for that bass tone and incorporating it into Death Metal.
Tool's whole catalog is flawless but Undertow has the magic.

Shut up jew.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadistic Intent - Ancient Black Earth.
dan.a.a

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for more recent bm i would say mgla - groza and drudkh - estrangement, both mainly attributed to the drum sound
kush_dad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panzerfaust & Transilvanian Hunger, early 80s Judas Priest, earlier Motörhead (drums sound amazing) Revenge (especially drum sound) most shit done on a 4track, RfR Wisdom of the Few, I dunno I can talk about this all day. Death Worship sounds fantastic, love the guitar tone they achieved.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightvvolf wrote:

There is nothing wrong with Tool. They have the talent and I think an impressive catalog to boot and have been one of my favorite mainstream rock acts since high school. I never looked at Undertow in the production category, I will look into further. I know it's my most least listened to Tool album.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: