P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Last edited by markos on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Destructive_Hate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am so glad i got my copie of that coming i missed out on the last rarity that was here in the store and i'm still kicking myself in the ass for it. Thank you NWN for putting out such great releases time after time. I can't wait to recieve it. Just a quick question hope i'm not threadjacking but what was the limitation of the die hard?
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to know this. I would assume there were as many as the Goatlord and Death Yell die-hard versions, though.

I'm relatively new to the music of Bone Awl. I saw Yosuke mention them in a thread awhile back and that he was going to put out their next album. After I read that, I definitely had to check them out. I have to say, I was thoroughly dissapointed with what I heard. I don't care what people listen to or what Yosuke decided to release on his label, but the music I heard was just terrible. I guess it begs the question, why would the Bone Awl die-hard albums sell out before the Goatlord and Death Yell? There is no arguing the quality of music by the afermentioned bands puts to shame what I heard from Bone Awl.

I also wonder about the possiblity of people buying these just to sell them on eBay to make a pretty penny as was the case with the Witchfinder General die-hard editions. I heard some of those went for over a hundred bucks a piece.

Whatever the case, these special hand-numbered and limited editions and such seem to be overshadowing the actual music on these releases which is a shame. I guess when you put out something by a hot or tendy band at the moment, it ups the ante. And again, maybe it has to do with the aftermarket and people being able to make ten times what they paid for them a day earlier. I just wonder how many people are picking these items up for their listening pleasure and not to make a profit.

Yosuke, I nominate you start calling these special releases 'eBay version' instead of 'die-hard version'. What about spending the time and effort on releasing good classic shit that deserves special treatment for fans of the actual fucking metal?
Destructive_Hate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree to some extent on what you say about people buying things only to sell on ebay. A few distros have already took a stand for such things most notibaly Northern Heritage.

Although to say the band is aweful i totally disagree i play every release i have by this band (i'm only missing one the KFJC tape if anyone knows of a copy for sale or trade let me know Smile). Been purchasing them since the very first demo was released.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's cool. It just isn't my thing. I didn't mean to disrespect NWN, either. I also failed to mention that I really do appreciate some of the gems Yosuke has released in the past. I just found it odd that something would turn up like this on his label. I have no idea what his intentions were or are, but I hope he isn't starting to cater to the hot stuff around at the moment and the eBay fads and whatever.

As far as Northern Heritage goes, I remember reading awhile back that he wasn't revealing pressing numbers on the stuff he was releasing. I thought that was the extent of it. Not sure of what else you might be talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the bone awl die hards sold out already ? I Didnt even know they were released yet ?
WTF .
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just thankful I got the Goatlord and Death Yell die-hards in time. Especially seeing as how there wasn't an email sent out with details that they were going to be up on the site soon as was the case with the Mercy and Pest releases.

chemicalcaligula, it looks as if the eBay floggers got to the Bone Awl die-hards before anyone else did. I don't doubt there are people who sincerely enjoy that band and it sucks for them that they couldn't buy one of the favorite bands releases at a decent price. Your best bet is to hit up www.ebay.com in a couple of days. I don't doubt that's where the majority are going to land. Bring a lot of cash with you, too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks . Fuck E-bay I try not to do that anymore. I don't buy records to re-sell them i dont think people should be able to buy more then one diehard eddition. Shit I'll even occasionally use a patch from a die hard record . I collect records but not because they are worth money.
Warfare Noise

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
but I hope he isn't starting to cater to the hot stuff around at the moment and the eBay fads and whatever.

So I guess it means nothing to you that Yosuke released an early demo of BONE AWL on Nuclear War Now!...? And at that time it took probably almost a year to sell and trade the 400 copies?

Thats a pretty fucking insulting accusation you are making...
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Bone Awl LP Reply with quote

If you want the music then buy the regular version. Yes the die hard has an exra ep, but that's only 7 minutes of music you are missing. Just tape trade or something with someone who bought one of the 200 copies.

By the way this record is actually not sold out yet. The E Store inventory is not always reliable so we had to do a close count of orders. Most copies will show up on the site pretty soon.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Mitch339

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im so fucking pissed off that I missed out on the Bone Awl Die Hard, i have the bands entire discography and a huge fan.

Yosuke, please let the people on the NWN board know when you have any extra copies Very Happy
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course. s

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Bone Awl LP Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
If you want the music then buy the regular version. Yes the die hard has an exra ep, but that's only 7 minutes of music you are missing. Just tape trade or something with someone who bought one of the 200 copies.

Someone mentioned (on FMP most probably) that the EP will be eventually released on tape. Don't know if that was fact or assumption.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they want to get the music out there in a different format. It should happen...

markos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an email from aquarius records in sf........

"To everyone who was waiting or is still waiting on the seemingly elusive Bone Awl lp...

What a complete and utter debacle this has been!! We ordered 75 copies of Bone Awl's Bog Bodies / Magnetism Of War lp ages ago. As you might have suspected, they never showed up! But we waited, patiently, longer than normal, bugging the postman daily, because it's true, international packages can sometimes take up to 2 months, sometimes even more...

Repeated emails to the label yielded no responses, for months, until FINALLY we got an email from the label, who apologized, told us the package was registered and they would track it down. Still more emails and more waiting resulted in the admission that the package was probably gone, lost forever. So we decided to bite the bullet and order another batch, pay for them all over again, so everyone who ordered a copy could still get one ... and well, here it is March and we're still waiting to hear back from them, to find out once and for all how many they have left and how soon we can get them!!

We do apologize, we've been as frustrated as you, sometimes literally emailing every single day for weeks at a time. For everyone who still needs one; we're doing our very best to get as many copies as we can, and if you're tired of waiting or have decided you don't need one anymore, no problem, we apologize for the delay and confusion. Some of you might have some items on hold still too, we'd be happy to send them in the meantime!

Please just understand most of this situation was well beyond our control...
Thanks for understanding,

Andee, Christine and the rest of the aQ gang"

just thought this was funny. bone awl, unintentionally, of course, seems to be causing a lot of people headaches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: