P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

the final sign of evil sucks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voodoo Idol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackjackal wrote:
Voodoo Idol wrote:
the 'unreleased' tracks actually sounded like something they wrote with the intention of passing it off as that before the recording sessions to my ears.

Yeah bloody oath, sounds like they re-writing history...where's Devil's Attack & Let's Fight in the Darkness of Hell?

I thought that fucking chorus to that Bloody Corpse song especially sounded completely out of place. That was the most memorable 'this doesn't even sound close to their writing style back then' moment.
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestial Devastator wrote:
No, the SPV/Steamhammer version with After the Deluge on it is the 2nd recording! The first recording is the one on the SPV CD and the Metal Blade LP. I am pretty sure they wound up on there by mistake as the album was never released until the 2nd version was done. You can also see the tracklist on the CD is for the 2nd version, not the first.

actually its the other way around.
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESECRATOR777 wrote:
No, the SPV/Steamhammer version with After the Deluge on it is the 2nd recording! The first recording is the one on the SPV CD and the Metal Blade LP. I am pretty sure they wound up on there by mistake as the album was never released until the 2nd version was done. You can also see the tracklist on the CD is for the 2nd version, not the first.

No it's not.

In 1986 there was a record store here that sold tape copies of the first version. The shop had received a testpressing and shortly after it became known that it was not going to be released. The one without "After the Deluge" IS the first one. Tom says so too on the "Lords of Depravity" DVD.
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackjackal wrote:
Voodoo Idol wrote:
the 'unreleased' tracks actually sounded like something they wrote with the intention of passing it off as that before the recording sessions to my ears.

Yeah bloody oath, sounds like they re-writing history...where's Devil's Attack & Let's Fight in the Darkness of Hell?

Don't think those songs are from 1984 either. Some of the riffs are very much like the Persecution Mania period I think. And why didn't any of these songs show up on rehearsals or livetapes from that time?
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESECRATOR777 wrote:

No it's not.

In 1986 there was a record store here that sold tape copies of the first version. The shop had received a testpressing and shortly after it became known that it was not going to be released. The one without "After the Deluge" IS the first one. Tom says so too on the "Lords of Depravity" DVD.

So, you're saying the CD with In the Sign of Evil/Obsessed by Cruelty contains the first recording of ObC? I find that EXTREMELY difficult to believe because that recording sounds like it was done with great haste and with results that pale in comparison to the alternate recording found on the vinyl version, in my opinion. The story I was told is that the original tapes (the recording that was only released on vinyl format) were either lost or destroyed, so the band had to rush in order to rerecord ObC, which is the one found on CD.
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
Voodoo Idol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the fuck was After The Deluge missing anyway, just for being way too badass of a song or what?
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pazuzu wrote:
DESECRATOR777 wrote:

No it's not.

So, you're saying the CD with In the Sign of Evil/Obsessed by Cruelty contains the first recording of ObC? I find that EXTREMELY difficult to believe because that recording sounds like it was done with great haste and with results that pale in comparison to the alternate recording found on the vinyl version, in my opinion. The story I was told is that the original tapes (the recording that was only released on vinyl format) were either lost or destroyed, so the band had to rush in order to rerecord ObC, which is the one found on CD.

Yes, that's what I am saying. It was of the bands opinion that the 2nd version turned out better (the Steamhammer LP version) and I think most fans agree. I wish they had kept the intro from the first version tho.
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodoo Idol wrote:
Why the fuck was After The Deluge missing anyway, just for being way too badass of a song or what?

Maybe they didn't have the song ready the first time around ?
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can assure you that the track after the deluge is on the first recording.
the second version to me is lackluster.
anthares

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final sign of evil fucking rules! The best rerecording any band ever made!! Witchhunter ruled!!! And Angelripper is monstrous!
vugelnox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a fan of this but compared to that Exodus revamp of Bonded by Blood which I had the displeasure of hearing yesterday...

speaking of things which have absolutely no reason to exist
throneofmight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXODUS did that for real? Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vugelnox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

throneofmight wrote:
EXODUS did that for real? Shocked

yes, its existence is completely pointless
Tireheb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Final Sign of Evil kills! BLOODY CORPSE!!!!

I hope I won't ever hear that Bonded By Blood remake.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the stupid kids can't take what raw, real metal sounds like so these bands have to water it down to appeal to these little turds.

If you can't take this stuff then fuck off and listen to the watered shit you liked beforehand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: