P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

INITIATED (album coming out in November 2016)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hail Conjurer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject: INITIATED (album coming out in November 2016) Reply with quote

UPDATE: Full-length album 'World on Fire' out on Svart Records 18th of November 2016.

2015 self-released tape 'Seed of Evil' can still be listened in full at bandcamp:

http://initiated.bandcamp.com

[/img]

Last edited by Hail Conjurer on Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:51 am; edited 5 times in total
EK Nacht

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping Caligari or some other US distro picks this up because this tape kills!
EK Nacht

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, that link's broken.
Hail Conjurer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Fixed.
Hellstrike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds pretty good. Where can I buy the tape?
Hail Conjurer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the bandcamp page! Recommended to order few copies at once instead of only one though, because of the stupid Finnish postal system.
Hail Conjurer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only few copies of the 1st edition left at bandcamp:
https://initiated.bandcamp.com/album/seed-of-evil

Second edition to follow shortly.
Hail Conjurer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st edition is sold out now, but the second edition will be available in few days.
Caligari

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will stock
/ HUMAN BODIES / CEMETERY / INCULCATOR / EVIL PRIEST / MINDKULT / OKSENNUS
Coming Soon: EVOCACION / OBSCURE EVIL
Hail Conjurer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd edition can already be ordered at https://initiated.bandcamp.com/album/seed-of-evil

Will ship starting from 6th July.
Caligari

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in stock
heavy chains

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In stock at:
www.heavychainsrecords.com
Hail Conjurer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of reviews:

"Another band whose second pressing you’ll be settling for. Oddly enough, though, Yours Unruly is right there with you. It’s not an infrequent occurrence: I get real psyched on a demo, start proselytizing its virtues, only to have it then sell out before I can even enter my Paypal password. Some day I’ll learn to purchase then praise. After hearing Seed of Evil, I contacted Harri, who, besides drumming for the most righteous Ride For Revenge, likes to take a melodic Eric Wagnerian approach on his Danzignostic bellowings. And who can deny his awesome Finnglish lyrics? E.g. "Her black flame burns through and I'm ready to walk by her side, and make the world to know her name." Also, I’m happy to report that Harri is down-to-earth, and was totally psyched when I asked him if I could write about his band's demo in my obscure, little column--except he forgot to tell me to shut up and buy the tape. Because while it’s perfectly fine to jam something on your computer speakers or earbuds, it doesn’t actually mean anything until you’ve got it in your house taking up space, right?
You know as well as I do that rockin’, bluesy doom done right is just about the most enjoyable thing in the world. It’s like giving your soul a buzz, you know? These five Helsinkers know that, too, and with Seed of Evil they shotgun some dank, loud shit right down your throat chakra. They doom all over the world, crooning and chugging similarly to their compatriots Magister Templi, except Initiated’s is a leathery and smokier doom. So make room on your Saturday evening back-porch-chilling playlist for these Finns' beery, beefy, bare-chested, doomy heavy metal. Seed of Evil is roughly thirty minutes of solos curling like snake tattoos on a thunder thigh, drums popping and cracking like body shots, and vocals sure to please all the chicks and hunks in their Witchfinder General halter-tops. Seriously, only play this if you're okay waking up the following afternoon banged the fuck over."

http://decibelmagazine.com/blog/2015/7/25/through-a-speaker-rumbly

" Uncle Danzig will be proud.

Can you see the evil in his eyes?!

Sometimes it's fun to go back to the basics and that's exactly what these guys did with this new project. Formed by members of several Finnish metal bands from diverse genres such as Horse Latitudes (droney doom), Caskets Open (trad doom/punk) or Speedtrap (thrash), Initiated is a retro band and it feels like a vacation for these guys. The main worship object on their altar is none other than Danzig and that's certainly a rare thing in the metal world. While I'm not the biggest fan of the man, I do think his self titled debut is a pristine work but this EP is better than anything he did since at least two decades.

Feel the touch of the golden hand! Ugh!

It has this dark, occult feel (just look at the subtle yet dreadful cover art) but it's in possession of a clear, admittedly joyful spirit leading me to believe that the thematic isn't overly “serious” but rather present to represent their tongue-in-cheek nature, dark humor is something quite present in Finland's snowy lands. Probably to give the necessary confidence to withstand their depressive Winters.
It's played big with memorable over the top choruses full of Jim Morrison's shirtless dead demeanour,, Harri Kuokkanen (drums, vox in Horse Latitudes) is a force to reckon with here, his vocals (armed with the distinctive Finnish accent) are powerful and enjoyable. From the chanting in “Summoning” to the memorable sexy tomgabrielwarrior-esque “ughs” often found in their songs, he's just very charismatic and it transpires through the microphone.

Pass me the goblet of your desires, let me fill all your cups, they shall overflow.

The music is a mix of heavy metal, hard rock and doom metal, it's quite melodic and really has this crossover feel between all these different genres. It's just very fun stuff with super cool riffs that are the true opposite of subtlety (that's a good thing!) but they can deliver some atmospheric (and sleazy) moments like on “Goblet” and its great lead guitar work.
They're not reinventing the wheel but that's the main purpose of this project, it was created as an outlet to deliver the traditional goods and that's exactly what they did. Complaining about this fact would be like complaining about how your typical cheeseburger doesn't taste like foie gras. It's thick, full of riffs, it reeks of sex and it's rightfully occult, Initiated possess all the elements necessary to craft a superb piece of hot music."

http://metantoinemagicalrealm.blogspot.ca/2015/09/initiated-seed-of-evil-2015-80.html
Hail Conjurer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some Initiated live video uploaded on youtube.

Here's Black Light/The Touch: http://youtu.be/l_OAyqo_L20

And a new song called Thirst: http://youtu.be/vJDOCMAC2bU
Caligari

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still got a couple of copies of the tape...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: