P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

German post question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: German post question Reply with quote

One day in early September I've sent 2 separate, registered packs to same address in Germany (separate them due to weight). While smaller arrived to recipient without any problem, the bigger one was returned to me due to fallowing reason: "auslieferungsvermerk der zustellungskraft auf dem klebezettel geprüft" what it can means? Both packs was packed in same way (used a lot of Scotch tape), the address was written correctly, I've paid enough for postage etc. BTW in Germany DHL take care about this unlucky parcel.
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
s.charlach

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: German post question Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
the bigger one was returned to me due to fallowing reason: "auslieferungsvermerk der zustellungskraft auf dem klebezettel geprüft" what it can means?

Well, it roughly translates that the delivery note of the postman was checked. So the important thing would be what that note atually says, normally something like "delivery refused" or "delivery address unknown" or maybe the addressee missed to pick the parcel up at the post office. Is there anything else mentioned?
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks,

No other notes on the pack, only DHL/Deutshe Post stickers with bar-codes. Also I'm still in touch with recipient (he runs a record label, so I'm sure he is frequent visitor at post office), and he got the smaller pack without any problem (to say more, in same day I've sent two another parcels to same address but in France, and both arrive without such crap). Well, I'm going make a complaint at my local post office, at least hope to get my cash back. Must sent this pack anyway.
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
EARLGREYTEA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to share my experience ...

I recently ordered some tapes, CDs, patches and shirts from a German Distro and it was sent via Deutsche Post/DHL - the whole thing came in a 2 kg box...
The problem was it took 2 months - after some good followup from the Disto itself - to arrive at my work address in New Jersey!

My question then - is this typical?
Family first but Blasphemy a close second...Good Deals with ApparitionOfferings,theBeast,bMz,BNB888,Doom-Mantia,funeralfog666,Gangraen,GhoulesDesCultes,Goab,Grell,gristle,ICP666,Iscariah,moonan,Penetration Hammer,PeterVenkman,ravn,Sv.,tehomapzu,13,vorfeed
peterott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EARLGREYTEA wrote:

I recently ordered some tapes, CDs, patches and shirts from a German Distro and it was sent via Deutsche Post/DHL - the whole thing came in a 2 kg box...
The problem was it took 2 months - after some good followup from the Disto itself - to arrive at my work address in New Jersey!

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Blame it on DHL/Germany, blame it on your postal service, blame it on the air-freight. There was a strike in Frankfurt and each and every German parcel which is leaving Europe has to go through Frankfurt. There was some strike recently, so it's possible that too much air cargo was lying around in Frankfurt for several days until they started to get this heap done slowly together with the usual daily containers of postage stuff.
Mz412

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: German post question Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
One day in early September I've sent 2 separate, registered packs to same address in Germany (separate them due to weight). While smaller arrived to recipient without any problem, the bigger one was returned to me due to fallowing reason: "auslieferungsvermerk der zustellungskraft auf dem klebezettel geprüft" what it can means? Both packs was packed in same way (used a lot of Scotch tape), the address was written correctly, I've paid enough for postage etc. BTW in Germany DHL take care about this unlucky parcel.

I have had the same Shit with 2 Parcels to Finland. Smaller one where no Problems, the Bigger one returned. But got of course no Money back
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this happens often with German post. I've had it happen a few times myself where it gets returned with the same message (no address found), I email the buyer and they tell me it's correct and I ship it again and it makes it to the destination.
grp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkdescentrecords wrote:
Yeah, this happens often with German post. I've had it happen a few times myself where it gets returned with the same message (no address found), I email the buyer and they tell me it's correct and I ship it again and it makes it to the destination.

Also happened to me once...
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkdescentrecords wrote:

Must be too many immigrant monkeys working at the German post these days.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Sadistik Goatfvkk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this helps:

Some packages (I don't know what's the criteria) are tranfered through DHL, some through the Deutsche Post. Bigger packages from Finland go into my post box at the local post office, but 7'' from the USA are delivered via DHL, while bigger batches of tapes have to be picked up at the post office. LPs from Poland come via DHL, LPs from Australia go to the office, and so on, I have really no clue what's the system behind this.

Now, if your package to Germany is handled via DHL and the driver is a fuckin' retard or just lazy the chances are quite good your package goes back...

To everyone sending from Germany I recommend the "Brief International" instead of DHL. Never had problems with it and for 9€ you can send up to 1 kilo of stuff to every country worldwide. Insured, trackable and damn fast. Sent an LP on Thursday afternoon and it arrived in L.A. on Monday morning.
Ancient_Tyranny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EARLGREYTEA wrote:

DHL more or less went bankrupt in the US and stopped nearly everything over there what they once handle by themselves, so they are forced to use partners like UPS and FedEx to get their bigger parcels (over 2KG) moved there. And as you could expect this companies won´t handle the stuff as fast as their own parcels.
With "Deutsche Post Maxibrief", this goes through USPS and is therefore
faster most of the time.
funeralfog666

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadistik Goatfvkk wrote:

To everyone sending from Germany I recommend the "Brief International" instead of DHL. Never had problems with it and for 9€ you can send up to 1 kilo of stuff to every country worldwide. Insured, trackable and damn fast. Sent an LP on Thursday afternoon and it arrived in L.A. on Monday morning.

"Brief International" is great most packages I get from germany are shipped that way and usually arrive within a week. Also the tracking usually shows up on USPS site.
Humus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for the Germans: is it possible for a foreigner to send a brief international in a German post office? Or do you need to supply a return address in Germany?

Have a few packages to send and am in Germany for work next week, thought I might send my packages from there and save some money for my buyers. Also have one guy on ebay with 0 feedback buying quite a bit so would need a tracking number for his package to cover my ass.
Does brief international supply a tracking number? Because I can't make out if it does on the all-German post site. Scheisse mach mal ein English version!
krakentorso

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Question for the Germans: is it possible for a foreigner to send a brief international in a German post office? Or do you need to supply a return address in Germany?

Have a few packages to send and am in Germany for work next week, thought I might send my packages from there and save some money for my buyers. Also have one guy on ebay with 0 feedback buying quite a bit so would need a tracking number for his package to cover my ass.
Does brief international supply a tracking number? Because I can't make out if it does on the all-German post site. Scheisse mach mal ein English version!

http://www.deutschepost.de/dpag?tab=1&skin=hi&check=yes&lang=de_EN&xmlFile=828

you get a tracking number if you choose "einschreiben" for 2,05 Euro additionally to the postage. send LPs as großbrief or maxibrief:
http://www.deutschepost.de/mlm.nf/dpag/briefe_ins_ausland/brief/index.html

just ask the postal service if its a prob to write your private adress in country xyz as the sender adress. go to a bigger postal station with enough employees. DHL/postal stations are often embedded in normal shops with one stupid granny that only knows how to send a postcard from berlin to hamburg.
Humus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I really hope I can send packages from Germany. Any other Germans might know if that's possible? Sending package from Germany = €20. Sending package from Belgium = €45 Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: