P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Looking for some recent unique death metal...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Looking for some recent unique death metal... Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm sort of getting tired of the hundred or so Blood Harvest/Nuclear Winter retro bands that do nothing but rip off Grave, Dismember, Incantation, etc. The shit is really beginning to sound stale to me. Lately I've just been listening to the original albums these guys have tried to emulate the sound on. Every time I try to get into these bands, I spend about a week on them before I end up digging out the early nineties shit again.

So yeah, has anyone come along that has actually added something to this genre instead of just rehashing old ideas? When I say unique, I don't mean weird. I'm not looking for shit like Portal who go out of their way so much to make a different sound that it ends up sounding stupid. I'm not looking for old bands like Caducity, either.

Also, I'm aware there have been several recent threads on the subject. I just wanted to let everyone know how fucking boring these retro bands are beginning to sound to me.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for letting me know how you feel, because it's very important to me. With that said, you might want to check out Deathevokation and Dead Congregation.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listen to old death metal albums then. Nothing will compare to the best death metal albums from the late 80's/early 90's. You sound salty.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

thrashbeast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
Well thanks for letting me know how you feel, because it's very important to me. With that said, you might want to check out Deathevokation and Dead Congregation.

Haha, I know no one here doesn't give a damn how I feel. I just thought I'd point it out. I can't believe other people aren't getting just as bored with this stuff.

Deathevokation is alright. Nothing mind-blowing. I like Dead Congregation a bit more, but I played that EP out a long time ago. I'll probably check out that new one when it comes along.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Just listen to old death metal albums then. Nothing will compare to the best death metal albums from the late 80's/early 90's. You sound salty.

Salty? You mean bitter?

Just a little...
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm..maybe you should listen to black metal like Kawir, Manes, Drudkh and a host of other creative so-called BM bands. Once you get bored with these, i'm sure you'll find all the other death metal bands interesting again Wink
Antichristhammerfist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how bout some PORTAL ???

or Cauldron Black Ram perhaps ???
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for some recent unique death metal... Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
When I say unique, I don't mean weird. I'm not looking for shit like Portal who go out of their way so much to make a different sound that it ends up sounding stupid. .

he already mentioned he doesn;t like Portal Wink
Antichristhammerfist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for some recent unique death metal... Reply with quote

Ross Liew wrote:
thrashbeast wrote:
When I say unique, I don't mean weird. I'm not looking for shit like Portal who go out of their way so much to make a different sound that it ends up sounding stupid. .

he already mentioned he doesn;t like Portal Wink

to fucking bad for him then. Portal are unique and Kill !!!!
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for some recent unique death metal... Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Yeah, I'm sort of getting tired of the hundred or so Blood Harvest/Nuclear Winter retro bands that do nothing but rip off Grave, Dismember, Incantation, etc. The shit is really beginning to sound stale to me. Lately I've just been listening to the original albums these guys have tried to emulate the sound on. Every time I try to get into these bands, I spend about a week on them before I end up digging out the early nineties shit again.

So yeah, has anyone come along that has actually added something to this genre instead of just rehashing old ideas? When I say unique, I don't mean weird. I'm not looking for shit like Portal who go out of their way so much to make a different sound that it ends up sounding stupid. I'm not looking for old bands like Caducity, either.

Also, I'm aware there have been several recent threads on the subject. I just wanted to let everyone know how fucking boring these retro bands are beginning to sound to me.

Actually what kind of Death Metal style you looking for? Then we can solve your proble! Laughing
huja

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

listen to morbid angel albums A through H three times in a row. Smile
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus Onward to Golgotha and and maybe all the Relapse Singles Series..
Astaroth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for some recent unique death metal... Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
I'm not looking for shit like Portal who go out of their way so much to make a different sound that it ends up sounding stupid.

You shouldn't be listening to death metal at all then.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antichristhammerfist wrote:
or Cauldron Black Ram perhaps ???

Yeah! I fucking love these guys. This is what I'm talking about.

Just something a little out of the ordinary. Something you can put on and say, I haven't heard this a hundred times before.

Antichristhammerfist wrote:
Portal are unique and Kill !!!!

Portal do nothing for me. They come off as a gimmick band in my eyes.

IntoTheAbyss wrote:
Actually what kind of Death Metal style you looking for? Then we can solve your proble! Laughing

Anything with that old sound. I don't mean bands that rip off certain styles, either. I really like the low, heavy, doomy sounding stuff. Eternal Darkness and old Crypt of Kerberos before they turned gay spring to mind first.

Ross Liew wrote:
...and maybe all the Relapse Singles Series..

I have a good number of those already. I bought a bunch for a couple of bucks a piece at their booth at the Milwaukee Metalfest back in 1999 before people started selling them on eBay for retarded amounts of money.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for some recent unique death metal... Reply with quote

Astaroth wrote:
You shouldn't be listening to death metal at all then.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, but those guys are fucking clowns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: