P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

nifelheim - re releases...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a copy of INCUBUS' Beyond the Unknown/Serpent Temptation on Nuclear Blast this morning... great albums, but what a shitty rerelease. Both albums unceremoniously dumped onto a digipack with just a tracklisting, and they don't even tell you where one album ends and the other begins. No liner notes, nothing, just a bare bones digipack with a picture of the band on the inside and a tracklist on the back.

Not a very good way to rerelease two classics... I don't hold Nuclear Blast's ability to handle rereleases these days particularly high.
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
Demonomancy666 wrote:
I did not hope they fuck up the layout...

Someone has a Pic of the Envoy...LP version ?

theres a pic in the recent vinyl thread

Ok, Thanks I found it. Looks better than I´ve expected (from Regain Rec.)
Ichor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voidhanger wrote:
I got a copy of INCUBUS' Beyond the Unknown/Serpent Temptation on Nuclear Blast this morning... great albums, but what a shitty rerelease. Both albums unceremoniously dumped onto a digipack with just a tracklisting, and they don't even tell you where one album ends and the other begins. No liner notes, nothing, just a bare bones digipack with a picture of the band on the inside and a tracklist on the back.

Not a very good way to rerelease two classics... I don't hold Nuclear Blast's ability to handle rereleases these days particularly high.

that re-release sucks big time, but unfortunately it is difficult to locate the org jewel-case version of Beyond the unknown
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichor wrote:
Voidhanger wrote:

that re-release sucks big time, but unfortunately it is difficult to locate the org jewel-case version of Beyond the unknown

Aye, which is why I settled for this for the time being. Something is better than nothing. Shitty as the packaging may be, the music's still there, and that's what counts I suppose.
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they don't even tell you that the Serpent Temptation vocal tracks have been rerecorded for that matter. That's the reason why I never bothered paying full price for that cd, I just knew it would get to me some way through a trade.

By the way, those two Incubus albums are total classics and I can never get enough from esp. "Beyond the Unknown".

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iron tyrant wrote:
By the way, those two Incubus albums are total classics and I can never get enough from esp. "Beyond the Unknown".

Hell yes, that album is a riff fest, a milestone of death/thrash the old way. An underrated band if there ever was one.
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iron tyrant wrote:
they don't even tell you that the Serpent Temptation vocal tracks have been rerecorded for that matter. That's the reason why I never bothered paying full price for that cd, I just knew it would get to me some way through a trade.

Haha yeah, the rerecorded vocals not being mentioned would be just brutal if some guy found it, thinking to replace his age-worn tape, only to find the vocals different... I bought the reissue because I found it used for ten
bucks. I'm still going to keep an eye out for the CD with the original vocals of Serpent Temptation, but at least I have Beyond the Unknown covered.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when that Incubus digipack came out and no one had anything to do with it.

Last I heard, it sells for over a hundred bucks on Amazon.

Fucking gay.
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voidhanger wrote:

I also have this "re-release" and I can agree with your all words! Shame on Nuclear Blast!
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have the digipack of Strappado?
ChapelOfDoom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:

Yes i have it !!! Why ?
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChapelOfDoom wrote:
thrashbeast wrote:

Yes i have it !!! Why ?

How does it compare to the Incubus shit?
Ichor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
I remember when that Incubus digipack came out and no one had anything to do with it.

Last I heard, it sells for over a hundred bucks on Amazon.

Fucking gay.

hundred bucks??????????? what the fuck??????
ChapelOfDoom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
ChapelOfDoom wrote:
thrashbeast wrote:

Yes i have it !!! Why ?

How does it compare to the Incubus shit?

I dont have the Incubus Digi´s !!! The Slaughter looks really cheap but i like the Bonus Live Songs (Live Toronto March 25, 1985)

Nocturnal Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha the in-between-tracks banter of Terry Sadler is classic on that live stuff! "We're gonna tie you all up, and hang you buy your fuckin' shoulders in a strappado, coz you're all into witchcraft... aren't ya?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: