P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Your introduction to metal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"For whom the bells toll" by Metallica in 1985 or 86... can not remember that clearly. I still have some selfmade "heavy metal bible" dating from 1987 Smile ...hah haaa.... Other early faves were Accept and Iron Maiden.. and it went harder and harder from there! Metallica was my fave till 1988/89... based on 83-87 recordings.
guitar_Demon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i was about 7 or 8 someone gave me a copy of metallica's ride the lightning been hooked ever since
Kapalika

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my older brother listened to/played Hard Rock so I started around 11 with his old AC/DC tapes, old Gary Moore stuff etc.
Somehow i always felt that there should be something more and when I listened to "Hell Awaits" on a radio show one night I had all answers, hehe.
Things went downhill from then on indeed... Wink
peterott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought Celtic Frost - Into The Pandemonium on tape in 1989 with the age of 14. Then followed immediately by more Celtic Frost/Hellhammer/Possessed/Bathory/Messiah until the end of 1990 (I earned some money as a pupil with working during the summer holidays in a cheese factory).

Earlier (1986-1988) I was in some youth camps during summer holidays where cool guys played their Helloween/Scorpions/Manowar tapes.
bmdk666

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
When I was about 12/13 I used to go to scouts, a couple of guys there had older brothers who used to go to the older scout group, they all had long hair and Iron Maiden logos painted on the back of their leather jackets- I thought they were the coolest guys in the world, even cooler when they took us out in their cars blasting metal out of the stereo. So I guess that's how I became hooked.

Pretty much the same for me except it was Metallica instead of Maiden. Who knew the scouts would have such an impact on us Shocked
Ichor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some dubbed METALLICA tapes at the age of 13, then I guess it was IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST, BLACK SABBATH and CRIMSON GLORY. But... everything changed when I discovered a couple of years (during high school) bands like SODOM, SLAYER, KREATOR, MERCYFUL FATE then BATHORY, CELTIC FROST, SARCOFAGO, MORBID ANGEL. After finishing school, I started studying parallel to university so I could have money to buy records.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black sabbath, judas priest & iron maiden; 23 years ago Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1994 with Iron Maiden "S/T" and Metallica "And Justice For All" cassettes from a garage sale
krawling kaos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First cassette I bought was Metallica "Garage Days Re-Revisited" Ep, when I was 9 or 10 years old. I wanted to buy "Powerslave", but couldn't afford it! (I went back for that one a few weeks later). I never really listened to music before that. Because of that tape I got into punk and metal kind of equally. I thought the cover of Small Hours was the scariest thing I ever heard, and I was totally hooked. Then a year or so later I made a friend who's brother had the Cliff 'Em All video, and we tried to find every band they mentioned as influences... Motorhead, Diamond Head, Angel Witch... Also I had found Black Sabbath and Venom early on. So luckily I never wasted time on the shitty pop metal that was so big at the time!
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guns N' Roses was my 1st Hard Rock Band Ive conquered. I think I was 10 or 11....I started listen to Heavy / THrash Metal (Metallica, Sepultura, Sodom my 1st Bands...) in the age of 12/13...(No parents/Brothers or friends who have listened to Metal at this time) !
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought pirate tapes of Metallica, Kreator, Celtic Frost, etc. at nightmarket somewhere in 1986/1987 during my high school days. Most of my exercise books,school bags,table,etc had logos of MAIDEN, DIO, METALLICA,etc. which I draw them when get bored at school, haha!!!

Those were the days of Metal, no other music shits, maybe DURAN-DURAN or NKOTB were hot for assholes back then, but not for me! Haha!!!!
mindlock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my intro to REAL metal was a tape i bought of metallica's 'kill 'em all' when i was 14. took me awhile to get into black/death/thrash though, because i was mainly into punk/hardcore for a few years after that...
SorceressBitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago, while in 8th or 9th grade, my friend played Iron Maiden's Aces High for me and it all started from there. I couldn't believe how great that song was! I Purchased my first metal album a few days after that, The Number of the Beast and was eventually exposed to bands like Judas Priest, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Slayer and the likes.
LifeDepraved

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has a huge gap in it which I hate to admit...but my cousin was a big Metallica fan..so in the early 90's he introduced me to them, but it didn't catch on for too long. I guess being too young at the time(about 6 or 7) was the problem. And then finally when I was 14 I was into some shit that got me into better bands...so about end of 8th grade I started getting into the regular starters like Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Opeth...etc and it just got better from there. The rest is history.
Chit019

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my brother was into Heavy and Glam Metal during the early nineties, several years later I bought myself some Deicide and sepultura Cds and got hooked ever since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: