P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The unholy trinity of death/doom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric wrote:
Also first Imindain album is pretty good stuff. EDIT: And only album apparantly...Didn't know they split-up : (

There's also a split with Ataraxie. Also some talks of releasing a track that was recorded with the intention of being released as a split with The Knell (killer band who should have been mentioned here) which never happened, I guess this depends on finding the time to re-record parts, and finding a suitable band to split with as well though, not to mention a label.
Exitium

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
Cedric wrote:
Also first Imindain album is pretty good stuff. EDIT: And only album apparantly...Didn't know they split-up : (

There's also a split with Ataraxie. Also some talks of releasing a track that was recorded with the intention of being released as a split with The Knell (killer band who should have been mentioned here) which never happened, I guess this depends on finding the time to re-record parts, and finding a suitable band to split with as well though, not to mention a label.

Wouldn't Weird Truth do it again, mate?

Blutkvlt wrote:
Wear your cunted out black metal shirts while practicing occult rituals like burning sage and posting quotes from Aleister Crowley on facebook.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
passetiermes wrote:
Thanks already now, FBI Anti-Piracy party ruined my efforts while searching for it.

Chrous of Ruin - Oceans of Sins 7'EP - http://www.mediafire.com/?yc8l1wgcny68ck2 here ye go Wink

Thanks again.
Obscure Plasma/Avantgarde used to have an eye for great releases back in the day, even though Chorus Of Ruin was not totally happy with the label:
Quote:
Kill Roberto, Kill Avantgarde

Whoever mentioned Rapture, go check out their promo if you can find it uploaded somewhere. The BraveMurderDay-influences doesn't jump at your face in the same way on the promo.
cdan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've listened to the Anthropomancy demo countless times over the past couple days. Totally killer. Thanks again for the upload. In an odd way I kind of hear a parallel between this band and Scald during certain parts. This is certainly material deserving of a reissue of some sort.
Gompo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdan wrote:
I've listened to the Anthropomancy demo countless times over the past couple days. Totally killer. Thanks again for the upload. In an odd way I kind of hear a parallel between this band and Scald during certain parts. This is certainly material deserving of a reissue of some sort.

Welcome. Was unsure how it would be received. As said I do like it but thought it could be in part nostalgia coming through.
sztorm75

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
sztorm75 wrote:
passetiermes wrote:
Thanks already now, FBI Anti-Piracy party ruined my efforts while searching for it.

Chrous of Ruin - Oceans of Sins 7'EP - http://www.mediafire.com/?yc8l1wgcny68ck2 here ye go Wink

Thanks again.
Obscure Plasma/Avantgarde used to have an eye for great releases back in the day, even though Chorus Of Ruin was not totally happy with the label:
Quote:
Kill Roberto, Kill Avantgarde

Whoever mentioned Rapture, go check out their promo if you can find it uploaded somewhere. The BraveMurderDay-influences doesn't jump at your face in the same way on the promo.

It's mistery to me, how no one re-released any of Chorus of Ruin stuff so far.

Raputre promo that they've done for Spinefarm is amazing. Same goes for these promo recordings of Shape of Despair and Finntroll.
MorbidAngel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dISEMBOWELMENT, THERGOTHON, WINTER
Lutfor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaughter wrote:
Why isn't Goatlord being mentioned? Is it too fast or something?

lmfao sigged

Utter revulsion for what I've done.

You don't want the Butt Kraken!
Bring on the Krappen!

Slaughter wrote:
Why isn't Goatlord being mentioned? Is it too fast or something?
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:

Raputre promo that they've done for Spinefarm is amazing. Same goes for these promo recordings of Shape of Despair and Finntroll.

I have the Rapture demo only on tape, can you (again) upload it?
I really need to learn do the transfer from tape to computer, so that I can upload some reh.tapes and other stuff that seems to be hard to find from the net.
I checked pretty much every band mentioned in this thread that I didn't know before.
Anthropomancy demo was great, and so was Skon. Whoever mentioned Skon, do you know is there more material anywhere?
Celestial Season's Solar Lovers was a nice surprise, I don't remember being in love with their earlier material. Maybe I need to revisit that.
I'm still undecided on Funeral Orchestra, have to give them some time.
What was the name of that band from Brazil? Forest or Tower appeared in the name?
Consummatum Est- Dolls and Ravens:
http://youtu.be/dLqnDtse99A
Gompo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:

What was the name of that band from Brazil? Forest or Tower appeared in the name?

Mythological Cold Towers?
passetiermes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another album that was released 20 years ago is Turns Loose the Swans, My Dying Bride's most impressive effort.
All you Brits (or others who might know); I WANT to draw = from the album title to the fact that the Queen/Crown owns all the swans of one swan species living in the wild in UK. Stop me from doing that.
In other words, is there a more obvious meaning to the title? Literary reference or something? Or do I need to come up with these theories?Wink
passetiermes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
sztorm75 wrote:

I have the Rapture demo only on tape, can you (again) upload it?
I really need to learn do the transfer from tape to computer, so that I can upload some reh.tapes and other stuff that seems to be hard to find from the net.

Hi you, my favourite poster from Poland. Wink
Can you upload the Rapture promo somewhere?
I still don't know how to do it and my tapedeck is MIA for the time being.
Once I get those sorted, I will upload the other Rapture reh. stuff that I have somewhere.
The bassist from Adornment (former band of the Rapture vocalist) has uploaded the songs from their first demo to youtube;
http://youtu.be/kJCvRfSKEoo
http://youtu.be/nukrSclkRVc
http://youtu.be/ma4yj9fzk_g
http://youtu.be/Edc1fHKgUlY
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Adornment/10510
It was a good effort at melodic death metal 20 years ago. Their subsequent reh.tapes were even more promising, but the band called it quits before getting really anywhere.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exitium wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:
Cedric wrote:

Wouldn't Weird Truth do it again, mate?

CD only label.

We're going to get around, at some point, to re-recording it, along with the material we had for the second album and put it out as an EP. Expect progress to be at a suitably doomy pace though.
Guido

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without thinking a lot, i will go for these three albums:

THE GATHERING Always
UNHOLY well, any album or demo, i love too much all the stuff!
DISEMBOWLMENT Transcendence into the Peripheral
grindmonkeyagain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asphyx, Cianide, and Winter, with Unholy and Disembowelment getting honorable mentions, besides those, Esoteric, Evoken, Thergothon, Skepticism, and Mournful Congregation and maybe Worship, all other death/doom is thoroughly homoerotic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: