P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Werewolf rec: SUMMON "DARK DESCENT OF FALLEN SOULS"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Werwolf



Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 732
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Werewolf rec: SUMMON "DARK DESCENT OF FALLEN SOULS" Reply with quote

Available for pre-order now at: http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/SUMMON-Dark-Descent-Of-Fallen-Souls-vinyl.asp

WEREWOLF RECORDS, in conspiracy with HELLS HEADBANGERS, is proud to present SUMMON's classic debut album, Dark Descent of Fallen Souls, on vinyl LP for the first time ever. Hailing from the rustbelt wasteland of Michigan, SUMMON are one of the very first black metal bands to hail from American soil. Originally formed in 1991 and with ties to the equally cult Masochist, SUMMON were very much the proverbial black sheep in a landscape dominated by death metal. Nevertheless, feeding off the fiery acts overseas in Scandinavia as well as the despair and disgust in their homeland, the band made their official debut with the Fire Turns Everything Black demo in 1995, which would soon form the foundation for their blasphemous 'n' belligerent Dark Descent of Fallen Souls in '97. Grim and primitive but suffused with a sulfurous spirit, SUMMON's debut album saw the power-trio bash and thrash one mini-anthem after another, strafing against the dominant death metal of the day whilst not sacrificing any of its inherent power. Additionally, subtle and well-placed usage of synths added the requisitely moonlit atmosphere of the time. Altogether, Dark Descent of Fallen Souls is very much a record of its time, and yet, 20 years later, it's lost none of its hateful magick and, in fact, sounds remarkably fresh. Hail one of the unsung pioneers of American black metal, at long last on vinyl!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
necrodan



Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Posts: 127
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time this finally got released on vinyl!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Widdershins



Joined: 16 Aug 2016
Posts: 816
Location: Out of the Dungeon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to get this...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hymnsoftheneedlefreak



Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 2260

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always liked the vocal attack on this album.
_________________
They sound like Obsessed By Cruelty in a bikie gang brawl with Abominations of Desolation recorded on cassette and buried in a shallow grave under a pile of rusty bullet belts and bourbon bottles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Very Little Fun



Joined: 31 Dec 2016
Posts: 128
Location: Israhell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have done Masochist instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Werwolf



Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 732
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Little Fun wrote:
Should have done Masochist instead.


Why? This is to a very high degree the exact same thing Masochist would have been on their debute album, should it exist.

Also, I have to start somewhere and Masochist vinyl is already being envisioned. If this goes well, we'll see what happens.

...and then you'll be all like:

Very Little Fun wrote:
Should have done Wind of the Black Mountains instead.


Then those will be released and you'll be like:

Very Little Fun wrote:
When comes the CD version, I can't afford these.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Voidhanger



Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Posts: 1380
Location: Kanada

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
_________________
My reviews and interviews are posted on:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JJ ASSHOLE



Joined: 25 Feb 2011
Posts: 651
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fukk yes! Eve of anticreation!
_________________
May all the world forget you ever stood,and the whole world regret you did no good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hymnsoftheneedlefreak



Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 2260

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werwolf wrote:
Very Little Fun wrote:
Should have done Masochist instead.


Why? This is to a very high degree the exact same thing Masochist would have been on their debute album, should it exist.

Also, I have to start somewhere and Masochist vinyl is already being envisioned. If this goes well, we'll see what happens.

...and then you'll be all like:

Very Little Fun wrote:
Should have done Wind of the Black Mountains instead.


Then those will be released and you'll be like:

Very Little Fun wrote:
When comes the CD version, I can't afford these.



Satanic Laughmaster Laughing
_________________
They sound like Obsessed By Cruelty in a bikie gang brawl with Abominations of Desolation recorded on cassette and buried in a shallow grave under a pile of rusty bullet belts and bourbon bottles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Death Kvlt



Joined: 17 Aug 2014
Posts: 2572

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werwolf wrote:
Very Little Fun wrote:
Should have done Masochist instead.


Why? This is to a very high degree the exact same thing Masochist would have been on their debute album, should it exist.

Also, I have to start somewhere and Masochist vinyl is already being envisioned. If this goes well, we'll see what happens.

...and then you'll be all like:

Very Little Fun wrote:
Should have done Wind of the Black Mountains instead.


Then those will be released and you'll be like:

Very Little Fun wrote:
When comes the CD version, I can't afford these.


Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Nightvvolf wrote:
Death Metal + positive message = Gay Life Metal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Werwolf



Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 732
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will also be a SUMMON shirt available along with the release of the LP. Stay tuned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EpitomeOfPantalgia



Joined: 28 Jul 2017
Posts: 17
Location: Detroit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to frequent Chaz's underground metal haven called The Blackened Moon when I was a lot younger. The old Summon banner hung over the bar and that crazy bastard would let us drink until we could barely stand as teenagers.

I'm very stoked to finally be able to grab this legendary Michigan band's stuff.
_________________
Eat My Fukk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jerry666



Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 1034
Location: centerline-michigan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EpitomeOfPantalgia wrote:
I used to frequent Chaz's underground metal haven called The Blackened Moon when I was a lot younger. The old Summon banner hung over the bar and that crazy bastard would let us drink until we could barely stand as teenagers.

I'm very stoked to finally be able to grab this legendary Michigan band's stuff.
yeah chas is awesome he sold me a wind of the black mountains shirt and his own copy of sing thy unholy servants lp before the blackend moon shutdown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
funeralfog666



Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 928
Location: usa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werwolf wrote:
There will also be a SUMMON shirt available along with the release of the LP. Stay tuned.


Sweet ill grab both, any plans for other summon lp's?
_________________
Trade/Want List
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23139
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EpitomeOfPantalgia



Joined: 28 Jul 2017
Posts: 17
Location: Detroit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerry666 wrote:
EpitomeOfPantalgia wrote:
I used to frequent Chaz's underground metal haven called The Blackened Moon when I was a lot younger. The old Summon banner hung over the bar and that crazy bastard would let us drink until we could barely stand as teenagers.

I'm very stoked to finally be able to grab this legendary Michigan band's stuff.
yeah chas is awesome he sold me a wind of the black mountains shirt and his own copy of sing thy unholy servants lp before the blackend moon shutdown


METAL JERRY LIVES
_________________
Eat My Fukk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group