P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

toxic holocaust on relapse?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LifeDepraved

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoatWorshipperAttak wrote:
It's even more amusing to read the fucking interviews.....one band called Merciless Death who were asked if they were fans of Dark Angel replied to say they didn't even know who Dark Angel are.

Did you name the band after the old Dark Angel song or is it just coincidence?
It's funny that you ask that because it was a total coincidence. It was during school that Dan came up with a possible name for the band. The name he offered was Merciless Onslaught but I didn't like it too much, so I asked him "How about replacing the word 'Onslaught' with 'Death'?" He really liked the idea and from that point on, we called ourselves Merciless Death. I make it sound all easy but we had actually been struggling for a few weeks trying to come up with a name. Anyways, it was a coincidence that we named ourselves after the Dark Angel song because I don't think I found out about that band for another few weeks or a month. I remember calling Dan when I found out about Dark Angel and their song but he though they were a really great band and I know I didn't have any objections to naming ourselves after one of Dark Angel's songs, so we stuck with the name.

Horrible!
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this whole retro thrash thing does nothing for me.
as a 36 year old metal fuck from "back in the day",im not sold on any little kid pretending to belong to a time past with "fashion indentity". no thanks. as far as villains is concerned, our "audience" is mostly made up of 30 somethings who like there metal hard as nails and red hot. no outfits no poser record collectors who dont listen to the vinyl and no my space wimps. fuck you and your social network! aids to you all. Laughing
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked that band HALO that were on relapse.
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraiGORE wrote:
I really liked that band HALO that were on relapse.

What they sound like? The band's name sounds stupid to me Laughing Laughing Laughing That's my personal opinion.
Karan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A band named HALO? There was a DOOM band named...hehe...now what video games for band names? Oh, my...FINAL FANTASY will then be a power metal band...HALF LIFE a metalcore one...GRAND THEFT AUTO a hardcore/punk...ASSASSINS CREED a death metal band and...CRASH BANDICOOT a black metal one... Razz Rolling Eyes
speedeathrash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty shocking how much thrash has "come back" in the last few years. I generally have no interest in formulaic derivative retro thrash bands. It kind of makes my head spin when I hear about bands like Evile going to record with Flemming Rasmussen and so on. I think you can always tell right away if a band is honest about their interest in playing this kind of music or if thy are just riding a wave that seems to be getting taller and taller.

I play in Rammer and it drives me fucking nuts when people refer to us as a "retro" thrash band. Give me a break! I love the attitude and approach as well as the tunes of many older bands, but where's the satisfaction in pointlessly ripping them off? Getting signed to a label like Relapse or Earache is so fucking arbitrary anyways.

Gah.
Evil Fifi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and now get over it.
Old farts *rolls eyes*.
tomas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like a lot of those nu-thrash bands, just Merciless Death and Execution. Losers like Bonded By Blood can fuck off, they sound boring and unenergetic. The whole hype is stupid and suddenly everyone's listening to thrash again, claiming they've liked it since they were kids. I can't wait for it to hit the mainstream, then we'll have a laugh, hipsters wearing Slayer shirts ...
Just check the myspaces of those bands and look for their 'influences'. They all mention the big names: Slayer, Metallica, Exodus, ... (great bands though!). I think not even 5% of them knows who Necrodeath, Bloodbath, Post Mortem, Merciless, Aggressor, Mutilator, ... are. And when you mention 'old Sepultura' they'll probably think you're talking about 'Roots'. Cool
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedeathrash wrote:
It's pretty shocking how much thrash has "come back" in the last few years. I generally have no interest in formulaic derivative retro thrash bands. It kind of makes my head spin when I hear about bands like Evile going to record with Flemming Rasmussen and so on. I think you can always tell right away if a band is honest about their interest in playing this kind of music or if thy are just riding a wave that seems to be getting taller and taller.

I play in Rammer and it drives me fucking nuts when people refer to us as a "retro" thrash band. Give me a break! I love the attitude and approach as well as the tunes of many older bands, but where's the satisfaction in pointlessly ripping them off? Getting signed to a label like Relapse or Earache is so fucking arbitrary anyways.

Gah.

What the fuck? Who calls you retro thrash? That's ridiculous. Your band is one of the freshest around and you obviously don't rip off your influences. You guys live and eat metal at 666%... while these guys probably still live in their parent's basements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: