P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

toxic holocaust on relapse?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H.K.Blasphemer wrote:
Bonded By Blood is from my area, they are definetely one of the biggest jokes. As soon as they were pointed out as thrash and signed to Earache, they started wearing leather, denim, high tops etc. Less then a year ago they were playing backyard shows with Cradle of Filth shirts on. I know this because my cousin went to school with their guitarist.

Maybe their rock star label suggested a new image that would sell.

Fuck all these retro kid bands who didn't even live in the 80's. It's funny to read interview that those faggots so much impressed by Metallica, Anthrax, etc in the 90's while most of these bands changed to a big money maker and assholes in that ages....

These kids love all the fashion thing like too many patches on their vest, high cut sneakers, fit jeans, etc.

AVOID!!!!
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carrioncrow wrote:
UNEARTHLY TRANCE = best Relapse band...

I also really dug the PENTAGRAM "Daze" sets...

Unearthly Trance is one of the few bands I like on Relapse.
killusion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! yeah the pentagram stuff rules!
relapse has alot of bands i think are crap but over the years they have had some good new bands on relapse:
disfear
facedowninshit
high on fire [although i dont like the new stuff]
minsk
good older bands:
neurosis
abscess
deceased
incantation
morgion
disrupt

not for everyone but being a band on the label.. they have treated us fairly well so far..just my 2 cents
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil_Invader wrote:
I hope Joel won't wimp out. I don't think so, even if as some of you, I prefer the demos and the first album to anything he done after.

As for Bonded by Blood, they do suck but can they really be called thrash!? I don't think so.

When you guys talk about the retro thrash trend I understand what you mean because there is a lot of bands that are playing thrash because it is becoming ''popular'' again. But you know, I am 20 years old and I play thrash/death, why souldn't I be playing thrash when it is my favorite form of metal? Because it sounds dated and it's not from my decade? Bullshit. For sure some of these bands are there for fame or money, but others are only there for their love of metal.

I don't think thats the point these people are trying to make but rather that thrash shouldn't conciously try and be '80s'. I would say bands like Nocturnal, Toxic Holocaust, Desaster are how thrash should be done in the modern age.

Its like bands such as Ironsword, Lord Weird Slough Feg, Twisted Tower Dire who are more new generation but still have their own thing to offer unlike many so called 'retro' bands. I think bands like Conquest of Steel and 3 Inches of Blood are gay because they seem false and are conciously trying to be 'retro', wheras the bands I mentioned are something... special.

I hate bands that are conciously 'retro'. I think thats what critcs of the movement are saying, or at least its what I'm saying.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must confess that there arte some retro-thrash albums that I liked, but the whole pose is stupid.
Funerot is to me old school thrash, but withn personality, no retro bullshit.
bornforburning

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hear u guys.im glad at least TH didnt sign to earache,ive heard all kinds of awful shit(at least with the classic bands) and even about the re-release of realm of chaos,and how bolt thrower isnt getting anything from its sales.they definitely seem to be cashing in on the municipal waste kinda band thing,by signing as many mediocre,generic "thrash" bands as possible. anyone with internet access, or half a brain cell,should realize that this is exactly what happened in the eighties. the sketchball companies try to flood the market with thrash, because its suddenly popular, which is ultimately the quickest way to kill off any style of music. in the eighties the anthrax/public enemy song was the final nail in the coffin,maybe itll end nowadays with a municipal waste/50cent song.anyways, i just dont see how any underground thrash bands can benefit from more mainstream exposure, (except $ wise)especially nowadays....sorry this is so long.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:

I hate bands that are conciously 'retro'. I think thats what critcs of the movement are saying, or at least its what I'm saying.

I agree with you. I think thats why I enjoy bands like Sauron, Battletorn, Rammer or Villains much more then say Fueled by Fire, Merciless Death or Evile. Not to say those three bands are awful but they try to seem SO over-sincere about being thrash that it doesn't sit well with me
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vugelnox wrote:
Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:

I agree with you. I think thats why I enjoy bands like Sauron, Battletorn, Rammer or Villains much more then say Fueled by Fire, Merciless Death or Evile. Not to say those three bands are awful but they try to seem SO over-sincere about being thrash that it doesn't sit well with me

That's the reason why today you get less and less demo flyers of these "sudden boom" Thrash kids,but when you check the myspace pages there are thousands of them!

Hails to those who still promoting their demos,promo,etc through flyers and into the tapetrading (to spread their demo)...
avrlabel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]
Hails to those who still promoting their demos,promo,etc through flyers and into the tapetrading (to spread their demo)...[/quote]

I can say the same words.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, I find this trend rather sickening. Kids act as if they attended Exodus concerts when Kirk Hammet was playing with them in '82 yet they were born in '90/'91. It's even more amusing to read the fucking interviews.....one band called Merciless Death who were asked if they were fans of Dark Angel replied to say they didn't even know who Dark Angel are. Fucking poseurs. Oh well, let them have their fun I suppose for they are only children. Maybe when they all start suffering from some sort of actual mental illness or become full-blown drug addicts only then will I consider them worthy of my time but for now they are nothing more than happy-go-lucky wannabe-faggots who are only there to make it cool for upper-middle class suburban white kids who sport emo haircuts and splooge over white belts with pyramid studs from Hot Topic to start thinking Thrash is "cool".

I fucking hate the Myspace generation.
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoatWorshipperAttak wrote:
True, I find this trend rather sickening. Kids act as if they attended Exodus concerts when Kirk Hammet was playing with them in '82 yet they were born in '90/'91. It's even more amusing to read the fucking interviews.....one band called Merciless Death who were asked if they were fans of Dark Angel replied to say they didn't even know who Dark Angel are. Fucking poseurs. Oh well, let them have their fun I suppose for they are only children. Maybe when they all start suffering from some sort of actual mental illness or become full-blown drug addicts only then will I consider them worthy of my time but for now they are nothing more than happy-go-lucky wannabe-faggots who are only there to make it cool for upper-middle class suburban white kids who sport emo haircuts and splooge over white belts with pyramid studs from Hot Topic to start thinking Thrash is "cool".

I fucking hate the Myspace generation.

I second that!
Humus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take the retro-thrash thing over all those wannabe-misanthropic suicidal black metal bands anyday.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
I'll take the retro-thrash thing over all those wannabe-misanthropic suicidal black metal bands anyday.

Same here.
Doomraiser

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Fuck both.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vugelnox wrote:
Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:

I know the Evile guys pretty well- there is definately nothing pretentious there. They just get on with doing what they do.

I don't see anything in Villains or Battletorn, but that's just my personal opinion. I think what people have to bare in mind is metal is as big now as it was in the late 80's/ early 90's so it's inevitable that people are going to be jumping on whatever bandwagon going, be it thrash, black metal, doom etc...

I'm just waiting for grunge to hit again so all the fakes start getting rid of all their records again!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: