P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Fallen Angel Of Doom Original Pressing...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. If you look at the other items the guy is selling, he is selling them at extortionate prices. $69.99+ for a CD? Laughing
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the Abhorer demos and EP asap

Zygotical... is too much away from their old material for me which was just one of best bestial death metal recordings ever.

It took me millions of spins to get into Blasphemy and "War" metal in general to be honest. I can imagine it's not for everyone's taste.
Chit019

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:

It took me millions of spins to get into Blasphemy and "War" metal in general to be honest. I can imagine it's not for everyone's taste.

I agree, same expereince here.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guy has an $80 Buy-It-Now on the LP reissue. I don't even think it's a die-hard edition either. If people just focused on the Metal and not the format and all this collector creep bullshit, we wouldn't have this nonsense.

It really sucks to Blasphemy being associated with 'market value' and turned into some trading card bullshit. They should be associated with:

BESTIAL FUCKING BLACK/DEATH METAL!

It's a record like "Fallen Angel of Doom" that makes you realize, Metal is beyond such materialistic bullshit such as audio formats. CD, LP, Tapes, whatever. It doesn't lessen the impact of Ritual.

I remember years ago, people would laugh at the idea of paying crazy prices for music. They would just say "fuck it, I'll get a tape dub of it". Because it was "hearing" the music and actually listening to it that mattered. Now everyone is materialistic and it seems like physical packaging comes first.

I am a bitter ol' bastard due to not being able to use eBay anymore, because it is a great way to obtain a lot of shit and make money for that other shit by getting rid of unwanted shit. But with this kind of capitalize nonsense and the fact eBay is so quick to randomly cancel auctions because they feel it's inappropriate, really makes me wonder if an outright boycott on that site would be best.
deathster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Or better yet, hunt down Abhorer - Zygotical Sabbatory Anabapt.

Blasphemy never did shit for me. If I had to pick an album of theirs, I'd go for Blood Upon the Altar. That album has a much better sound to it.

Still don't understand why people drool over FAOD so much.

Matter of taste. I loved Blasphemy immediately when I heard them for the first time from local radioshow back in 1991. It was totally different from other bands back then (at that time I was not aware of Beherit, Christ Blood etc)(I saw their pictures in 1992 and started to like them even more Smile ). They are one of my fave ever since! I think massive Blasphemy worship became popular in somewhere Y2K (I have got that impression at least).
Hellhammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see them as an important part of metal history and I respect them for that. My personal tastes are somewhat different.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
Now everyone is materialistic and it seems like physical packaging comes first.

It's not just that, but a lot of people nowadays won't settle for anything but the first pressing of a particular release.
deathster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Endless Morbidity wrote:
Now everyone is materialistic and it seems like physical packaging comes first.

It's not just that, but a lot of people nowadays won't settle for anything but the first pressing of a particular release.

Nowadays...you mean 2007? I think some people have always done that. I acknowledged 1st press as such ca 10 yrs ago (or so). This is like how the (classic) album was first released (independent label, maybe different artwork etc). I am not obsessed with 1st press but very often I prefer 1st press. Sometimes it is hard though (Bathory 1st Lp, Mayhem M-LP etc etc).
peterott

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a question:

The FAOD LP was first released on WRR in red vinyl with a Wild Rags number (WRR019) and then pressed on LP (black vinyl) and on CD in Europe by Semaphore (WRE901-2).

The ebay seller sold the WRE-pressing only. So I am wondering, was there ever a CD-version of Wild Rags or only the Semaphore CD version ? The first Wild Rags CD I know is WRR030 (Order From Chaos CD).

http://www.geocities.com/peterott/labels.html#W5
-> Wild Rags discography
Goab

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the red vinyl version come with a sticker as a insert? I saw a copy like that years ago on Ebay but I always have doubted if the sticker was a part of the pack or just something the original owner slipped into his copy.

Last edited by Goab on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
tom245

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beelzebubba wrote:
The bootleg versions don't have that 4 panel fold out cover.

True. Sorry, I remembered this later.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the original pressing if I can get it but if I can't then I won't cry about it.
Beelzebubba

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
just a question:

The FAOD LP was first released on WRR in red vinyl with a Wild Rags number (WRR019) and then pressed on LP (black vinyl) and on CD in Europe by Semaphore (WRE901-2).

The ebay seller sold the WRE-pressing only. So I am wondering, was there ever a CD-version of Wild Rags or only the Semaphore CD version ? The first Wild Rags CD I know is WRR030 (Order From Chaos CD).

http://www.geocities.com/peterott/labels.html#W5
-> Wild Rags discography

I don't think there ever was a US pressing of the CD. I bought my copy direct from Wild Rags when the CD first became available, and it was the European version like the one shown in the auction.
Beelzebubba

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goab wrote:
Did the red vinyl version come with a sticker as a insert? I saw a copy like that years ago on Ebay but I always have doubted if the sticker was a part of the pack or just something the original owner slipped into his copy.

I bought the red vinyl LP when it was first released, and there was no sticker.
templedclxvi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blasphemy was THE band that got me into black metal. hearing fallen angel of doom for the first time was truly a life changing moment Very Happy

also, amazing how abhorer made similiar style black metal at the same time period...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: