P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Damnation LP, Funerary Call MLP, Metal Deadness Pic LP Out
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Damnation LP, Funerary Call MLP, Metal Deadness Pic LP Out Reply with quote

Damnation “Speed Anarchy” LP
ANTI-GOTH 154

Damnation emerged in the mid-1980’s Canadian Speed/Death Metal scene and released a series of four demos between 1986 and 1992. The band occupied that unique space that developed during the time period in which Death Metal was just beginning to evolve out of the Thrash/Speed metal style. The first two demos (which are collected on this reissue), “Speed Anarchy” and “Aggressive Repulsive Symphony” represent Death Metal in its earliest and most grotesque stage of development. For reference points, one should look to the seminal early recordings of bands such as Slaughter, Death, and Necrophagia. The songs on these two demos are frenzied blasts of violence generally clocking in at less than two minutes in length and carry the inherent power of simplicity that characterizes so much of the classic Thrash and Hardcore recordings from the era. Unlike that music, however, the end result is not simplistic and angst-fueled Thrash, but is instead intensely hateful Death Metal. Although their output was limited, the band’s influence was immense. Mayhem’s vocalist, Dead, was fascinated with Damnation’s sound and even bands as highly regarded as Nifelheim have lifted riffs and vocal delivery patterns from them. The production quality of these demo recordings is also incomparable. The guitars are thick and laden with a brittle distortion that punctuates rather than obscures the authority of the riffs themselves. The drums are stark and vengeful and the vocals add a demonic character to the entire work. The interaction of all of the parts is neither incompetent nor overly technical. The band walks the line between these two realms playing in a way that is at once powerful, earnest, and imperfect. For those who have long been familiar with Damnation’s earliest work, this reissue merely provides a definitive presentation of these two demos and a chance to revisit their volatile and destructive force. For those who have never been afforded the opportunity to indulge in these recordings, you will undoubtedly find yourself immediately at the mercy of these manifestations of horrific carnage.

Regular edition on black vinyl includes gatefold jacket, A2 poster, and 30+ page zine styled booklet. The die hard edition comes on splattered vinyl and also includes woven patch and sticker.

==============================================================================================

Funerary Call “Damnation’s Journey” MLP
ANTI-GOTH 159

Obsessive dark atmosphere that ventures far beyond the boundaries of conventional Black Metal, funerary call captures the blasphemy and depravity of the Black Mass in audible form. Originally conceived in 1995, the cult recording known as “damnation’s journey” is now resurrected on limited edition vinyl. Featuring drums and additional vocal incantations by J. Read (conqueror, revenge). A truly dark and unique landmark in the ross bay cult history!

Limited die hard version on gray vinyl with woven patch and vinyl sticker.

==============================================================================================

Second Hell / Skull Crusher “Metal Deadness” Pic LP
ANTI-GOTH 160 (Split release with Roy Hellhammer)

Official picture disk version of the cult split LP from 1987. Includes double sided 12″x12″ insert printed on card stock, Skull Crusher A2 poster, and woven patch for all 300 copies. I have about 120 copies to sell domestically so be quick.

Borrowed from Corroseum: http://www.thecorroseum.com/rev/metaldeadness.htm
It surprises me how many people “in the know” who still are oblivious to this fantastic record. This following statement might taint my otherwise stainless credibility, but I think there’s quite a lot of so called “Thrash Classics” that are more than a little overrated. I don’t really dare to mention any titles (I fear the vengeful wrath of many a POSSESSED or DARK ANGEL fan. Oops!.), but let’s just say that everything “old” and “first-wave” isn’t necessarily a work of genius. Dunno if “Metal Deadness” is an all-out piece of genius material either, but it’s close. Damn close! And that goes for both bands on this beautiful split-LP. It’s usually very easy to pick a favorite on these split affairs, one band often being the talented bunch, the other the “nice blokes” who “deserves a shot”. (although they rarely do. A shot in the wrist maybe, to keep ‘em out of arms length from any sort of musical instrument for the rest of their useless lives, but I digress…) In this case it’s bloody impossible since both bands RRRAAWK! .or something of that sort, whatever you do when you play raw Euro-Thrash exceptionally well. SECOND HELL is the most brutal bunch of the 2, and are about as close to Death Metal as you’d get on vinyl this year. They make a rather sophisticated but totally destructive performance with plenty of similarities to such classics as “Pleasure To Kill”, “7 Churches” and the NECRONOMICON debut LP. From the ultra-fast “Prophets Of Hell” to the all-out mayhem of “Assignment To Kill” you get 5 superb, aggressive, deathlike songs of which the intricate “Homicide” is a favorite 5 minutes of superb Deathrashing riffs and rhythms. Nothing even resembling a bad song on this side as a whole. Or the SKULL CRUSHER-flip for that matter! SC is evil Euro-speed in the same style and league as early RUNNING WILD, WARRANT and FUTURE TENSE, e.i. fangfaced, chainsaw-wielding METAL-riffing and evilangry vocals spewing forth some luwly juvenile satanic rantings. “Descend..” crisscross from class-A Speed to this truly demented doomy chorus, catchier than a very catchy thing from hell out to catch you. “Hallelujah” are boosted with spinechilling eerie M.FATEish riffing and cruel DESTRUCTIONlike speed guitars. The lead-riff to “No Boundary..” is just the essence of 80’s European Black Heavy Metal and an extremely catchy song that you’d have to be a complete wimp not to love. Finally there’s “Massacre” which just keeps blowing your mind with one monster riff after another - an epic from the fiery pits of Hades! This will always be one of my all-time underground Metal favorites and I cannot recommend it enough. It’s actually one of the albums that steered me onto the path of more “serious” Metal-collecting. The incredible Wim Baelus cover art alone - probably my all-time favorite - makes this a must-buy item, but you better hurry since more and more Thrash & Death-metal fans seem to discover this “lost treasure” and it’s becoming increasingly difficult to get hold of. Not that it ever was an easy piece to begin with…

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Last edited by NWN PROD on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:54 am; edited 4 times in total
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funerary Call interview from the 90's. Thanks to Mark Riddick for sending the scan.

DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damnation, voor and autopsy demo lps.
im gonna go out and mug some fuckface[s] for rekkkid money.

Twisted Evil
iluvu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's rob a bank.
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iluvu wrote:
let's rob a bank.

Let's get you a job! Cool
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt know the metal deadness is already out
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arghh the Damnation LP turned out to look so fucking killer!!!
Will be getting that Metal Deadness PD for sure.
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funerary Call sounds fucking rad...and I'm broke as a joke. Anyone wanna comp me a copy? Cool

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN releasing Funerary Call.... Who would've though.
That is a great fucking record. I need it on vinyl.

Yosuke; answer my mail...
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this Funerary Call sounds like Conqueror mixed with dark ambient.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, and I know. Got it on Tape. Brilliant stuff.
iluvu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUnborn wrote:
Let's get you a high-paid job! Cool

Fixed, Laughing
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God dammit! I just spent 35 euros for the original Metal deadness. But it's indeed a totally killer record and it looks awesome on pic lp. It has probably the best cover on a thrash metal record. Congratulation on this one, i'll grab it as soon as it reachs european distros.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Hellhammer should get copies if he hasn't already. He's the one who did the digipack CD some years ago.

steve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks being on fucking disability. Missing out on a lot of great records lately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: