P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Ghosts of Oceania - Wanda Beach
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
da666

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Ghosts of Oceania - Wanda Beach Reply with quote

Ghosts of Oceania - "Wanda Beach" (demo III)

This 3rd demo of Ghosts of Oceania's midnight music is entitled "Wanda Beach" and it inspired by the unsolved Wanda Beach Murders in the summer of 1965 and the 2 girls ghosts who still haunt the sand hills there.
There is something timelessly eerie, haunting, sinister and sad about this particular case.
The 1960's was a much more innocent time in Australia.
A time when people would leave their doors unlocked, let their children go to the beach alone etc.
This all ended on the 11th of January 1965.
When Christine Sharrock and Marianne Schmidt (both aged 15), took the 4 younger Schmidt siblings for a day out at the beach.
It was a windswept day and the beach was closed and deserted, they took shelter in some rocks then later walked and sat amongst the sand hills of Wanda beach. The children complained about the conditions so Marianne and Christine said they would go and retrieve their bags from the rocks and return to get the children. However when they left they headed in the wrong directions, further into the sand dunes.
When one of the younger children told them they were going the wrong way, the girls simply giggled and kept going. The children ended up returning home themselves after waiting for hours for the girls to return..
The last official sighting of Marianne and Christine was by a local fireman, who was walking in the area with his son and saw the girls walking about 800 yards north of the Wanda surf club.
He told police that they seemed to be hurrying, and one of the girls was looking behind her as if she were being followed... He did not see anybody else.
The next day a local walking with his nephews came across what he thought was a mannequin face down, he later realized it was a body, calling the police it was later realized it was not just one but two bodies.
When the bodies were uncovered, Marianne Schmidt was found lying on her right side with her left leg bent.
Christine Sharrock was face down, her head against the sole of Schmidt's left foot.
From a 34 metre long drag mark leading to the scene, police determined that Sharrock had fled, possibly while Schmidt was dying, only to have been caught, murdered and dragged back to the body of her friend.
Sharrock's skull had been fractured by a blow to the back of the head and she had been stabbed multiple times.
Schmidt's throat had been slashed so severely it almost decapitated her and she too had been stabbed several times. Attempts had been made to rape both girls, semen was found on both girls but their hymens were still intact.
This became one of the biggest murder investigations at the time.
50 years have now passed and still no killer has been found... and the girls ghosts still haunt the sand hills at Wanda beach...

This demo is a mix of neoclassical, ambient and synth based eerie and sorrowful soundscapes. It will be limited to 50 copies and out soon on tape through Tour de Garde.

Sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkRwdovsb2A&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by da666 on Tue May 05, 2015 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting stuff. Do all of the Ghosts of Oceania tapes have a clear backstory/concept similar to this? Anyways, looking forward to that sample.

Check out my sale-thread HERE!
da666

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
Interesting stuff. Do all of the Ghosts of Oceania tapes have a clear backstory/concept similar to this? Anyways, looking forward to that sample.

Not quite as clear as this tape.
The first demo featured pictures from the inside of what is considered the most haunted house in Australia "Monte Christo" (but i hope to delve deeper into that in a future demo).

The second demo was inspired by those who had drowned around the parts where i live and a few local ghost stories, and also the Boneyard, which is the name of an almost hidden bay around these parts (Apparently it got it's name because horses bringing things off boats to shore in the 1800s would often die there).

Future releases will be more focused on certain events or hauntings.
DFP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange unsolved case, sounds like the real-life horror premise for a stalker-movie.
EK Nacht

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the Ellorsith guys have moved on to a new theme for a new project in a new genre.

(I don't really think the Ellorsith guys are involved.)
da666

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EK Nacht wrote:
Sounds like the Ellorsith guys have moved on to a new theme for a new project in a new genre.

(I don't really think the Ellorsith guys are involved.)

Maybe it is them. If they also moved to another country and changed their name to me. Laughing

(I have never even heard of Ellorsith before this).
lifeless

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

given the theme, next tape should be called "Bondi Rescue"
L_Z_V

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the first two demos, will definitely be picking this one up too.
thus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is wrong with our country that labels release this crap? Laughing Or have you graduated beyond crying and clunking a pen on the desk?

Hold on... tape, only 50 copies, and some people "don't get it"? ORDERED!!!
da666

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thus wrote:
What is wrong with our country that labels release this crap? Laughing Or have you graduated beyond crying and clunking a pen on the desk?

Hold on... tape, only 50 copies, and some people "don't get it"? ORDERED!!!

Thus speaks thus, once again Rolling Eyes
I better clunk my pen on the desk to give you, my biggest fan, what he wants! While I am at it i better use other analogies that no one uses, like shaking my paper weight at the wall and using my stapler on the fridge (?? What the fuck are you talking about gronk?)
You do know that every single inane thought that comes to your mind does not need to be broadcast to the world, but please now fill this thread with your spectating worthless opinion Smile

What a surprise to see smart ass throw away comments on a forum from the opinionated pieces of corn in the shit sandwhich of the "scene" - shockerrrr.
Please drizzle your flacid dong juice all over the internet some more, it is surely what is needed and surely what will make us all better people and rid the "scene" of those deemed unworthy by the mighty thus Rolling Eyes
Please tell me more about what should and should not be released by your countrymen? I think you should start, by releasing that guinea pig up your ass, back into breathable society.
Why do i always get these forum parasites stalking me? I insult them once after they make a throw away brainless post and they are eternally weeping.

Tape limited to 50, why? because thats probably about as many people who would be interested in this.
Do you want it limited to 60 000? So copies of the A4 layout can be sent to Africa to be used as blankets to help ease your PC bleeding heart? I can ask for 10 extra copies of the layout to be printed so you can use them to dry your tears if you want?

Was that satisfactory "clunking a pen on the desk"? (Also to show how fucking retarded that saying is, when you google it THIS thread comes up as the second thing in the search, definitely up for a nobel prize in literature my good man Laughing ).
I hope this enjoyable rant is enough to keep your eager asshole satisfied by me. Sometimes my fans like yourself simply demand to much of me...

In summary - get a grip, or as the kids would call you "#fgt"
da666

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out Soon.

A small sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkRwdovsb2A&feature=youtu.be
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapes aren't my thing, but that track was cool.
thus

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
words

Shocked

And you're accusing me of spending too much time on an internet forum?

I've never had any interaction with you in the past, so it's hard to understand how personal you seem to have taken a couple words of criticism (and how much you seem to have extrapolated from it). I'm glad my post served as a good focus point for you to let off some steam. But wouldn't the time and energy it took writing all that have been better used recording another one of these tapes? Wink

To be clear though, I got the first Ghosts of Oceania tape as an alternate in an order a while back, and objectively speaking it really was one of the shittiest things I've heard in a while.
da666

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thus wrote:
da666 wrote:
words

Shocked

And you're accusing me of spending too much time on an internet forum?

I've never had any interaction with you in the past, so it's hard to understand how personal you seem to have taken a couple words of criticism (and how much you seem to have extrapolated from it). I'm glad my post served as a good focus point for you to let off some steam. But wouldn't the time and energy it took writing all that have been better used recording another one of these tapes? Wink

To be clear though, I got the first Ghosts of Oceania tape as an alternate in an order a while back, and objectively speaking it really was one of the shittiest things I've heard in a while.

Relax chump, that post was written like 2 weeks ago, mainly for my own amusement and to keep my creative writing skills sharp Wink (You really think things get under my skin on forums, after this many years in the trenches? come on.)
Also not sure where i said you spend to much time on a forum, i more so said what you say is inane crap Smile
Also i vaguely recall you saying shit about something in the past because i did the "thus thus" gag back then to or something similar. I don't even think it was about a band i was in but a friends band, and i recall you being an opinionated ass, who spams threads with sulky mopey bullshit. "This isn't good enough for me" "wa wa this description said it was this but it wasn't" "clunk pens on desks"(!?) - jesus fuckin christ on a stick, buy a guitar and record something that's better then all these bands you wimper over and then you can say "hey da666, suck on this", or if you already have something post it, sharing is caring.

Also you honestly think writing these replies takes time Laughing

Oh yeah, i can imagine how "objective" that opinion is.
Why not sell your tape? There are definitely a few people after it, so instead of moaning get rid of it and get on with your life.
Like with most of this material, it's spur of the moment, highly improvised.
The first demo was literally done on a broken dictaphone where the tape was completely warped, and i liked it being like that, it's definitely not for everyone. (and i'm quite sure i probably think some of the stuff you love is total ass spew. Welcome to the world of music, stop moaning online and get on with life).
Crasse

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find anything special in the sample. It sounds like pressing 2 keys on your recording program with a random vst preset. Didn't hear the other recordings though.

thus wrote:
wouldn't the time and energy it took writing all that have been better used recording another one of these tapes? Wink

Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: