P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Father Befouled "Rotting Godless Throne" 7"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Father Befouled "Rotting Godless Throne" 7" Reply with quote

I'm adding them to the site now. Read this in the meantime:

Vocalist J. Ghoat of U.S. death metal act Father Befouled has checked in with the following update about the band streaming a new song and working on new material:

"To all the Unholy Devotees: It has been awhile, there has been adversity and struggle, but finally things in the Father Befouled congregation are moving forward and down... there. Our new 7 is complete and has been shipped to the label for an early summer release! Rotting Godless Throne, is two brand new Father Befouled tracks, as well as our cover of the Profanatica staple, 'Weeping in Heaven.' The road on which we paved our way to the culmination of this release has been a varied one. First, upon recording the initial drum tracks as a complete band whilst on a short Texas-only tour we returned to our respective homes (GA and OH), to find the files were technically flawed.

"I made the executive decision to have the drums re-recorded by our drummer, Anitchristus, in his native Cleveland. One thing lead to another and the songs were actually re-written before new studio time was scheduled. Upon the eve of the proposed dates, as you all know, Antichristus took his own life. In the wake, Chad Davis of Set and Hour of 13 stepped in and pounded out the title track, now in it's 3rd incarnation.

"Unfortunately, other engagements have now prevented Chad from filling in with Father Befouled full time. After his performance on one song of the upcoming release, Chad had to step down. In his place we are now aligned again with our Brother in Death, Wayne Sarantopoulos of the monolithic death machine known as Decrepitaph. Wayne also admirably stepped up to the task and belted out the other new track on the 7 for us, and will now be our fulltime drummer until otherwise is needed. Wayne has eternally been a 5th member of the band anyway, and as you will see by his performance on 'Testament of Unholy Essence,' he is a perfect fit.

"'Rotting Godless Throne' is the darkest, most soul crushing Father Befouled recording to date. We stepped up everything and poured our blood and tears, and ripped our flesh for this record. Serpentine, meandering riffs, abysmal doom, and pounding, engulfing vocals. We have still stayed true to the influence of our mentors, Incantation, Morbid Angel, Immolation, etc... while retaining the suffocating, oppressive Father Befouled sound first heard on 'Profano ad Regnum.'

"'Rotting Godless Throne' serves as just a quick communal teaser for our upcoming 2nd full length, entitled 'Morbid Destitution Of Covenant.' Scheduled to be due in July, 'Morbid...' will be the definitive statement of heavenly anguish as sermoned by Father Befouled. Expect the most serpentine, ethereal, and suffocating death metal record of 2010. We will be recording the record in one fell lash the last week of may in Texas. Samples and label info will be available soon. Our new label deal is in the bag, we just cannot talk about it yet."

The new track "Testament of Unholy Essence" is currently available for streaming via the band's MySpace page.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Last edited by NWN PROD on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Saevus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!
GHOAT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOAT wrote:

Archasm@ Will you be getting copies for your distro? Sorry but it's hard to digest the mandatory $9.55 priority shipping from NWN.

Last edited by morbiddeceiver on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
GHOAT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, of course I will have some. They will be here late next week, I will send out an update when I get them.

Order multiple items from NWN to even out the shipping.
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on a fixed income and can only afford to buy mandatory releases. Father Befouled is one of them.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Postage sucks ass if you buy a light item. The E Commerce has a tare weight built in for packaging material. There is no way to adjust it for different formats. I'd recommend combining orders with other people if you want just a single 7".

I'll eventually move to a different E commerce with better shipping utilities. For now this system works well for mid size to larger orders.

Descension

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not Father Befouled patches instead, out of curiousoty?
GHOAT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wasted time on making it happen.
LifeDepraved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased! Highly anticipating this.

Good Sellers/Buyers/Traders: In Solitude, metalbrain, IIIRD GATEKEEPER, Mangled Torsos, Kakarot SS5, S(2), Schoolslave, Heksekult, Hobophobic(2), IXTAB.
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Postage sucks ass if you buy a light item. The E Commerce has a tare weight built in for packaging material. There is no way to adjust it for different formats. I'd recommend combining orders with other people if you want just a single 7".

I'll eventually move to a different E commerce with better shipping utilities. For now this system works well for mid size to larger orders.

I understand. There are several items I need from your distro but funds are really tight so I can only buy the necesseties.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why not Father Befouled patches instead, out of curiousoty?

We ran out of time and I had NWN patches already made. Note that the die hard version is only a dollar more.

xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing record.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.

Fallen Portrait Prod wrote:
Delete this forum or you WILL hear from my lawyer.
SleepofDeath

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a fucking cool vinyl colour, i hope the Profanatica cover is in your doomy dark style, will hopefully pick this up real soon.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy or die. The devil's wounds are open wide on this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: