P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

"Die Hard Editions" and Re-Releases
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: "Die Hard Editions" and Re-Releases Reply with quote

I want to know:

How many regular editions of an LP can be produced with the money used for all the bells and whistles of a die-hard edition?

I was recently thinking about how pissed off I was when I missed out on the Proclamation/Teitanblood split 12". I missed out on the 7", so I was really looking forward to this release.

Then I was thinking about the recent re-release of "Mourn Path" and how I hear it sold out in pre-orders alone?

Maybe I'm misinformed, but I find the idea of a re-release selling out before it even goes to print, really absurd. I can't see how this is can be about the music and people listening to it anymore.

I vote: No more die-hards from labels. How about more copies for people who actually want to LISTEN to the record and don't really need all the material goodies?

This isn't to say I don't enjoy the die-hards I do now, BTW.
markos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know what to tell you about the die hard thing. i figure it's all up to the people who run the labels. they put the time, effort & money into the releases, so....y'know? if you're really just intersted in the music, download/have somebody tape it for you. believe me, i feel (or once felt) your frustration, but i can't let not having a record ruin my day anymore.

btw, if my proclamation/teitanblood 12" ever shows up, i'll sell trade you my copy of the 7".
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you just buy the regular versions of these releases that are readily available if you just want the music? I should have plenty of copies of the black vinyl Mourn Path/Into the Drape LPs here once it's out.

Everyone has to deal with sold out records that they wished they had. I missed out on the Sabbat UUU LP set from HMSS and now I'll probably have to buy it from Ebay.

I'm not sure what your argument is. It sounds more like you're venting your anger at missing buying a record that was readily available. I've had about 40 to 50 copies of the Proclamation/Teitanblood split 7" when it first came out. I think most people who wanted it got it at the time it was released.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

dronevil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: "Die Hard Editions" and Re-Releases Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:

I was recently thinking about how pissed off I was when I missed out on the Proclamation/Teitanblood split 12". I missed out on the 7", so I was really looking forward to this release.

you missed them out because you are a lazy cunt, that split 12' was announced and available for reservation 4 months before it's release, how can you miss it out if you really want it?
markos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Why don't you just buy the regular versions of these releases that are readily available if you just want the music? I should have plenty of copies of the black vinyl Mourn Path/Into the Drape LPs here once it's out.

Everyone has to deal with sold out records that they wished they had. I missed out on the Sabbat UUU LP set from HMSS and now I'll probably have to buy it from Ebay.

I'm not sure what your argument is. It sounds more like you're venting your anger at missing buying a record that was readily available. I've had about 40 to 50 copies of the Proclamation/Teitanblood split 7" when it first came out. I think most people who wanted it got it at the time it was released.

oh yeah, yosuke....i meant to tell you this in the email i sent you today...i might have one of those UUUs coming. if so, it is alll yours.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess I'm just venting....
Astaroth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:

I agree with EM. Everyone does have to deal with sold out records that they wished they had - except they were released in the 70's/80's/90's and not 2 weeks ago or they haven't even been released yet. It reaches a point when the music doesn't even matter.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What release sold out before it was released? Mortuary Drape on purple vinyl with cloth bag? It sounds like YOU care more about the vinyl color than music because the black vinyl version will be available from a lot of distros.

If you're talking abot the Sabbat UUU LP then you might have an argument. I missed out because I was traveling and couldn't get online. That's just how life is though. You snooze you lose. You can't possibly get every record that comes out that's good unless you don't travel, sleep or have a ton of disposable income.

You guys are still just venting your frustrations and not forming any logical arguments. I don't want to hear bitching and whining. Let's hear some logic here!

I bet most people here have more music than they can possibly listen to in their lifetime.

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of these limited versions are a subset of a larger pressing. If you care about the music than get the black vinyl regular version and stop your bitching. You can always get the shitty CD version as well. The point is that the MUSIC is usually readily availble if you want to hear it. I'm not even going into downloading music.

Mz412

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Proclamation/Taitanblood SPlit i have both versions 7" and 12",
for a good trade i give it away.
So, no more whining needet about that, others will trade this
stuff also, that's life.
What i all want to have in all Versions, a normal Millions Winning
won't take it all hahahahaha

edit:

Quote:
I bet most people here have more music than they can possibly listen to in their lifetime.

That's totaly right Laughing
And that without download music Laughing
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you actually name any release that was actually sold out before it was available to the general public in some form or another? Obviously this does not include die hard versions of standard releases, because that would be retarded.
Mz412

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thats no big Problem Laughing

Leviathan - Speed of Darkness MLP was sold out in a few
hours at Viva Hate Rex, so they pressed a re-release.

Now there are 4 Versions of this release.

First Pressing Series:
First 50 - white+Shirt
Next 50 - white without Shirt i guess
400 - red

Second Pressing Series:
266 - Clear
400 - dark green

Its funny, isn't it?
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still obtain that material, so how it fits the criteria I listed I don't know.
Hellhammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trends ( I'm not calling the NWN Diehards trends; I'm generally speaking) come and go, so what may look like an unreachable, expensive Item will show up again. Trust me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mz412

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
You can still obtain that material, so how it fits the criteria I listed I don't know.

Ah, that is only, cause Viva pressed a second series. This was'nt
planned at all, only cause so much want it Wink

In first sight, it was really totaly sold out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: